Options

Sorry, I know this has been said...

SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
Forum Member
✭✭
...but Brucie MUST go! Did you see him in Len's Lens? What was he so grumpy when the elated Ben went over to kiss Craig?

He's a nasty, nasty piece of work! :mad:

Comments

• Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...but Brucie MUST go! Did you see him in Len's Lens? What was he so grumpy when the elated Ben went over to kiss Craig?

I am glad you've said it. I've never been a fan of his and think its about time he gave someone else the chance to present. I wouldn't mind Tess and Claudia presenting.
  • Options
    marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first year that I am enraged by him. He should really go. I used to find him as an oddity and "national treasure" kind of thing endearing. But now, just appears to be an out of sync, bitter, and weird old man that brings down a bit the general happy atmosphere.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I am glad you've said it. I've never been a fan of his and think its about time he gave someone else the chance to present. I wouldn't mind Tess and Claudia presenting.

But the only thing I can think of was that it was out of his 'control' and he's all me me me, and if the attention appeared to be something that's not within his 'remit', he throws a hissy fit. Odious man! :mad:
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He really is homophobic for someone in the entertainment industry. He wasn't very impressed with Ben touching him at the time either. He really is incredibly loathesome.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the only thing I can think of was that it was out of his 'control' and he's all me me me, and if the attention appeared to be something that's not within his 'remit', he throws a hissy fit. Odious man! :mad:

Agree, my other half has to walk out of the room when he comes on.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He only seems happy when he is labouring one of his poorly scripted jokes. It's ok for him to waste time endlessly but apparently not for Ben to show his appreciation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He clearly wasn't grumpy... It was all a joke. I still love Brucie.
  • Options
    isledanceisledance Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He is so up himself! I cannot believe how he treats everyone in such a patronising way, and worst of all, he tries to re-affirm the judges appraisals.........like he knows anything about ballroom dancing....yeah right!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky245 wrote: »
    He clearly wasn't grumpy... It was all a joke. I still love Brucie.

He really was, he was incredibly rude when Ben tried to hug him.
  • Options
    streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, but was it a faux grumpy face? I'm no fan of his, but this could be the case.
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May be I'm another planet, or from one, but I thought it was an act on Bruce's part. :confused:
  • Options
    HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    isledance wrote: »
    He is so up himself! I cannot believe how he treats everyone in such a patronising way, and worst of all, he tries to re-affirm the judges appraisals.........like he knows anything about ballroom dancing....yeah right!

I agree! The show would be so much better without him (as was shown last week!)

I would also be tempted to get rid of Tess, unless she learns how to pronounce Ola's name correctly.
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    He really is homophobic for someone in the entertainment industry. He wasn't very impressed with Ben touching him at the time either. He really is incredibly loathesome.
    Yeah, he came across really homophobic in his interaction with Ben after the dance. You can say it was schtick but his face after watching Ben give Craig a kiss cemented that it's not a schtick.

Does he not know Ben is a gay icon and marriage equality activist?
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a fact that his rudeness is an act. He used to pretend to be annoyed on the Generation Game etc.
    Only problem is with his age the comic timing has gone, making him seem nasty.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is part of his act, if something occurs, he tends to do that for a laugh. The shocked and what's going on act.

There are a number of people here who know it's his act and also we have seen this from the generation game and play your cards right.

I am unsure why do few get do worked up about one person?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a fact that his rudeness is an act. He used to pretend to be annoyed on the Generation Game etc.
    Only problem is with his age the comic timing has gone, making him seem nasty.
    A.D.P wrote: »
    That is part of his act, if something occurs, he tends to do that for a laugh. The shocked and what's going on act.

So how do you explain him being so rude to Ben a few seconds earlier saying something like "what are you doing? Don't TOUCH ME" I can't remember the exact words, but he definitely was not trying to be funny or doing a schtick.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was fine this week.

He was chuckling along at the Judges' and the guests' jokes.

He was congratulating all the dancers and pointing out the standing ovations they received.

His jokes are still laboured and painful at times, but to label him a "nasty, nasty piece of work" clearly crosses the line from a casual annoyance to an irrational grudge.

I suggest next week, as the show begins, you just take a deep breath, count to 10, maybe have a stiff drink to steady your nerves, and... just relax.

Let all your annoyances about Brucie just wash over you, and enjoy the show.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how do you explain him being so rude to Ben a few seconds earlier saying something like "what are you doing? Don't TOUCH ME" I can't remember the exact words, but he definitely was not trying to be funny or doing a schtick.

Of course he was.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member

He really doesn't like Julien.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please :rolleyes: Brucie has not once shown any such thing towards any of the gay contestants or judges. I think he was just trying to be funny.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    He really doesn't like Julien.

Like the majority of people on this forum.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »
    I thought he was fine this week.

He was chuckling along at the Judges' and the guests' jokes.

He was congratulating all the dancers and pointing out the standing ovations they received.

His jokes are still laboured and painful at times, but to label him a "nasty, nasty piece of work" clearly crosses the line from a casual annoyance to an irrational grudge.

I suggest next week, as the show begins, you just take a deep breath, count to 10, maybe have a stiff drink to steady your nerves, and... just relax.

Let all your annoyances about Brucie just wash over you, and enjoy the show.

Some sense, good post.
  • Options
    hannah_337hannah_337 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Bruce was the same as he always was, but I haven't seen the results show yet. Must keep an eye out for Lens Lens.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    Of course he was.

In which case he needs to stop. Now he just looks bad tempered and out of step.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show just seems so much smoother when he isn't presenting.