Options

itv3+1 - LCN 63

GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
Forum Member
✭✭✭
An itv3+1 placeholder MHEG has appeared on LCN 63 this morning.

We're now only two channels from Childrens and News genres having to relocate.

Comments

• Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,421
    Forum Member
    I think this is a sneaky move by ITV.

When GOLD goes at the end of the month, 26 will get reallocated to local TV (unless UKTV do something similarly sneaky). That frees up Ch 34 - right next to ITV+1, putting ITV in first place to get that space via "associated channel" status. Enter ITV3+1. I expect it to broadcast for a couple of hours overnight.
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    Enter ITV3+1. I expect it to broadcast for a couple of hours overnight.
    It could join the trend of Dave +1 and 5Later, there in name only.
  • Options
    jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    I think this is a sneaky move by ITV.

When GOLD goes at the end of the month, 26 will get reallocated to local TV (unless UKTV do something similarly sneaky). That frees up Ch 34 - right next to ITV+1, putting ITV in first place to get that space via "associated channel" status. Enter ITV3+1. I expect it to broadcast for a couple of hours overnight.

I wouldn't be surprised if UKTV sneak in with a last minute Yesterday +1 slot to keep LCN 26. I'm not too sure about ITV3 +1, maybe a timeshare with CITV, with The Store getting a full time slot. Possibly using some capacity released by Top Up TV? ITV are the ultimate owners of SDN so it shouldn't be too difficult for them to mop up any space as it becomes available.
  • Options
    M60M60 Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member
    Unless ITV moves to PSB2 and ITV3+1 takes ITV3's current bandwidth? There's one slot still available, C4 used theirs for Film4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M60 wrote: »
    Unless ITV moves to PSB2 and ITV3+1 takes ITV3's current bandwidth? There's one slot still available, C4 used theirs for Film4.

With null packets running at around 400 kbps, there's not really room to squeeze an extra video slot onto D3&4 without causing bitrate starvation for the existing slots.
  • Options
    Think TVThink TV Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I had the following breakdown, to speculate, but have now found out that programmes are scheduled on the guide for itv3+1 between 02:00 and 07:00: which could timeshare with bid or True Entertainment/E4 (in Wales)?

How will itv3+1 fit into already crowded SDN mux? The following streams run for 24 hours on this mux:

1) itv3
    2) QVC
    3) bid
    4) itv2+1
    5) QUEST
    6) True Entertainment or E4 in Wales

This leaves timeshared services able to fit in itv3+1 in the following:
    7) CITV + The Store
    8) Marketplace + GOLD + Home + BT Sport Preview + Top Up TV Anytime 1 (most services closing shortly)
    9) Jewellery Channel + xxXpanded TV

And contractually can’t launch on the following:
    10) Channel 5+1 + 5 Later + Top Up TV Anytime 3 (Closing)
    11) 5* + TVX + Top Up TV Anytime 5 (CLOSED)
    12) 5USA + Top Up TV Anytime 6 (CLOSED)
    13) Drama + Dave Ja Vu – although there is free space between 05:00 and 08:00 but that wouldn’t work with itv3’s current schedule

So either curtailed the services on any of the streams 1 through to 6 (although daft to do so on stream 1 – itv3); for example: bid’s downtime between 01:30 and 07:45.

Or however stream 8 will be after TUTV changes are made itv can place itv3+1 could be slotted in overnight?

Also Playboy TV Chat is to fit in somewhere too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think TV wrote: »
    I had the following breakdown, to speculate, but have now found out that programmes are scheduled on the guide for itv3+1 between 02:00 and 07:00: which could timeshare with bid or True Entertainment/E4 (in Wales)?

How will itv3+1 fit into already crowded SDN mux? ...

It will be interesting to see which channels make way for the 2am to 7am slot. It's also possible that the slot will be extended. ITV 3 has teleshopping for the bulk of those hours for most of the week, so as it stands, it seems somewhat pointless as a teleshopping timeshift.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jj20x wrote: »
    With null packets running at around 400 kbps, there's not really room to squeeze an extra video slot onto D3&4 without causing bitrate starvation for the existing slots.
    Ooh, here's an idea, lets change the resolution of most of the channels back to 544*576, like they were until a few months ago :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    Ooh, here's an idea, lets change the resolution of most of the channels back to 544*576, like they were until a few months ago :cry:

It's a possibility but I don't see why they would have increased the resolution just to squeeze in another channel and then revert to 3/4 resolution some months later. Also remember that D3&4 carried all services in 720x576, on transmitters in the north of England, long before the rest of the country was upgraded.

At the moment, there's no indication that they are actually planning to squeeze any more services onto D3&4.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Think TV wrote: »
    I had the following breakdown, to speculate, but have now found out that programmes are scheduled on the guide for itv3+1 between 02:00 and 07:00:

On my EPG the programmes are from 1am to 6am, and bizzarely ITV3+1 listings are 23 hours before ITV3 rather than an hour behind :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngusMast wrote: »
    On my EPG the programmes are from 1am to 6am, and bizzarely ITV3+1 listings are 23 hours before ITV3 rather than an hour behind :confused:

It has changed, no doubt the listings bug will be fixed in due course.
  • Options
    dragon-itdragon-it Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    jj20x wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if UKTV sneak in with a last minute Yesterday +1 slot to keep LCN 26.

No doubt calling it Today...
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On my EPG it's from 1:00 to 3:30, followed by shopping until 06:00
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So ITV 3+1 is not launching on Freeview per se, it's just a placeholder to keep a slot/EPG number for ITV and will be only available overnight and removed in time?

I have the channels in order and don't want to have to edit all the TV's to put ITV 3+1 in if it's just overnight and temporary. I'll just delete it and forget it was put there!
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    So ITV 3+1 is not launching on Freeview per se, it's just a placeholder to keep a slot/EPG number for ITV and will be only available overnight and removed in time?
    We don't know. And now my gripe. It's:

ITV +1
    ITV2 +1
    ITV3+1
    (no space)

Grrrr! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragon-it wrote: »
    No doubt calling it Today...

That's going the wrong way, they could probably call it Yesterday's Teleshopping, depending on which hours they repeat.
  • Options
    David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going by my freeviews EPG the store go's off air at 1am at the same time itv3 +1 starts
    So could it be using that same stream as CITV & the store.
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,421
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    We don't know. And now my gripe. It's:

ITV +1
    ITV2 +1
    ITV3+1
    (no space)

Grrrr! ;)

ITV do that every time. At one point they had various combinations of ITV1, ITV(space)1, ITV2, ITV(space)2, etc, depending on which region you were in.

More irritating is that the channel order on the EPG is ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, ITV+1, ITV3+1. If DUK are applying associated channel rules they should force ITV to change the channel order so the +1s are the correct way round.
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Itv3+1 is now on air on freeview it started right on 1am

The EPG say 0100-0600 with tellyshopping on from 0330-0600
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It should be ITV 3+1, not ITV3 +1 or ITV3+1.

</pedant>
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

</pedant>

I going by what it says on the EPG but your welcome to make up your own names for channels .:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    Itv3+1 is now on air on freeview it started right on 1am

The EPG say 0100-0600 with tellyshopping on from 0330-0600

The EPG is clearly wrong, showing details for the wrong day. An interesting move as freeview will no longer have access to Jackpot 24/7 in the early hours of Monday morning, when ITV shows The Store.

Between 3.30am and 6am, on Monday & Saturday, ITV 3 shows the Emmerdale Omnibus. The +1 timeshift will chop off the last hour of the Omnibus edition as the channel switches over to CITV. Similarly, The Store's version of Jackpot 24/7 is cut off abruptly at 1am with the switchover to ITV 3 +1, part way through whatever it happens to be showing. It all seems a pointless, disorganised mess at the moment. The fact that the channel has launched with a "coming soon" caption probably indicates that this is just a placeholder. It will certainly be interesting to see how things unfold on SDN over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

</pedant>

It's down to personal preference really, unless you attempt to represent a logo grammatically. Personally, I prefer ITV 3 +1.
  • Options
    Think TVThink TV Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Therefore it is confirmed that the stream is currently shared:
    CITV 06:00 - 18:00
    The Store 18:00 - 01:00
    itv3+1 01:00 - 06:00

Taking a couple of days' schedules at random - for which information could be wrong as previously posted by other posters - it seems to be where there is a programme started before 00:00 on itv3 that programme is not fully re-shown on itv3+1 and a replacement programme is fitted until the itv3 replica schedule is matched which is ultimately teleshopping:

Thursday 17/10/13 on itv3+1:

01:00 - 01:05 Law & Order UK (should be 00:35 - 01:40) however it is a different episode or incorrect synopsis?
    01:05 - 02:05 The Specsavers Crime Thriller Club (replacement programme)
    02:05 - 03:00 The Ruth Rendell Mysteries (should be 01:40 - 02:35) however it is a different episode or incorrect synopsis?
    03:00 - 03:30 ITV3 Nightscreen (replacement programme)
    03:30 - 06:00 Teleshopping (match with itv3 from 02:30)

Sunday 20/10/13 on itv3+1 – a direct replica of itv3 although this should be played on Monday 21/10/13, but a replica because programmes on itv3 start at 00:00

01:00 - 02:05 Wycliffe (match with itv3)
    02:05 - 03:50 Inspector Morse (match with itv3)
    03:50 - 04:15 World Kitchen (match with itv3)
    04:15 – 04:20 ITV3 Nightscreen (match with itv3)
    04:20 – 06:00 Emmerdale Omnibus (match with itv3 from 03:20 and 1 hour missing at the end because of close for CITV)

I agree this is alike the On5 programme on 5Later and therefore is a placeholder until a full schedule can be realised. But where will the channel fit into a crowded SDN mux?
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    All things considered I think ITV3+1 will be the replacement for "Marketplace + GOLD + Home + BT Sport Preview + Top Up TV Anytime 1" from November 1.

Nothing much is going to happen with 5 Later.

Playboy could take nighttime hours from ITV3+1 or Channel 5+1 / 5 Later