That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can listen.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling pretty low right now, we've just had to do something pretty difficult, can any of you listen (or read in this case lol) to my woes? :/

What's up sweetie?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright guys, I was going to message one of yous anyway, but my best pal just phoned me when I messaged her on FB.

It's just sister issues, she's back on drugs. And I shouldn't go into any more detail but social services are now involved, the conditions in her house the other day were deplorable, my nephew was in a filthy nappy in a freezing house. (my mum gave money to my sister to put the gas on, she didn't)

I won't go into more detail but we're just livid about the whole thing.

She's out of order.

EDIT - Sorry if the previous message added with this makes me sound a bit attention seeker-ish, but I just realized that some things I should keep to myself a bit x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright guys, I was going to message one of yous anyway, but my best pal just phoned me when I messaged her on FB.

It's just sister issues, she's back on drugs. And I shouldn't go into any more detail but social services are now involved, the conditions in her house the other day were deplorable, my nephew was in a filthy nappy in a freezing house. (my mum gave money to my sister to put the gas on, she didn't)

I won't go into more detail but we're just livid about the whole thing.

She's out of order.

Drug dependency is awful. It might seem like she's wilfully going along with all of this, but I doubt it feels like choice to her.

I'm the same way with alcohol.

Hope your nephew is okay and that everything gets sorted out. Generally, if social services do decide to remove a child, they tend to attempt to place them with family, so maybe your mum might be given temporary custody?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drug dependency is awful. It might seem like she's wilfully going along with all of this, but I doubt it feels like choice to her.

I'm the same way with alcohol.

Hope your nephew is okay and that everything gets sorted out. Generally, if social services do decide to remove a child, they tend to attempt to place them with family, so maybe your mum might be given temporary custody?

But she gets clean so often. (and we're not talking 1 month, but she can stay clean for ages and then let everyone down again) In my opinion she isn't doing enough to stay clean ALL the time.

Who isn't dependent on alcohol? :p (in just kidding there, but seriously are you?)

He's not ill or anything, but it's unfair for him to be left with two semi comatose parents.

We couldn't take him, my mum works a 9-5 type job Monday - Friday and my dad's job is even more hectic, and I'm at college every day :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW Jase what is being said in the Will Young thread?
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this. The most important person here is your nephew. He needs to be looked after.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she gets clean so often. (and we're not talking 1 month, but she can stay clean for ages and then let everyone down again) In my opinion she isn't doing enough to stay clean ALL the time.

Who isn't dependent on alcohol? :p (in just kidding there, but seriously are you?)

He's not ill or anything, but it's unfair for him to be left with two semi comatose parents.

We couldn't take him, my mum works a 9-5 type job Monday - Friday and my dad's job is even more hectic, and I'm at college every day :/

I wish I could sit here and say I gave up alcohol, and I'm sober, but I'd be lying. If I have a drink, I have to another, and another and another, I can't stop, not even having my stomach pumped put me off, I just go back for more.

I have a bottle of whisky in my wardrobe, not to drink, but to remind me that I can't drink.

I stay sober occasionally, my longest was two years. I suppose at least these days I'm not having vodka for breakfast.

I sometimes get the shakes and feel sick and stuff, and I just need a drink. It's like oxygen. I have to have it and I don't really know why.

It is unfair for your nephew, and it's a shame that he couldn't be placed with you guys, is there anyone else in the family that could take him for a bit?
    BTW Jase what is being said in the Will Young thread?

They're just generally dismissive of Will and what he's trying to achieve, completely ignoring the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this. The most important person here is your nephew. He needs to be looked after.

Definitely. My sister is pretty much nothing to me now, she's just phoned and had her usual big baby huff. She's 32 and still wants us to treat her with kid gloves, she just wants her bread buttered for her.

So she's pretty much cut my access off to seeing my nephew now, bitch.

@Jase I think I know what you mean, I'm not sure how often you need to drink, but I pretty much couldn't go a full week without alcohol, it would be emotionally challenging, regardless of whether I'm with company or not.

As long as it's not f*cking your life up I hope, I couldn't imagine hat happening to someone as articulate as you. :)

Well my sister still has him, so obviously she must have cleaned up or something.

What exactly is his aim? I doubt he could really stop kids from using the word gay in a derogatory way, it's so frequent even with people who aren't homophobic, and no matter what there will always be jerks on the planet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely. My sister is pretty much nothing to me now, she's just phoned and had her usual big baby huff. She's 32 and still wants us to treat her with kid gloves, she just wants her bread buttered for her.

So she's pretty much cut my access off to seeing my nephew now, bitch.

@Jase I think I know what you mean, I'm not sure how often you need to drink, but I pretty much couldn't go a full week without alcohol, it would be emotionally challenging, regardless of whether I'm with company or not.

As long as it's not f*cking your life up I hope, I couldn't imagine hat happening to someone as articulate as you. :)

Well my sister still has him, so obviously she must have cleaned up or something.

What exactly is his aim? I doubt he could really stop kids from using the word gay in a derogatory way, it's so frequent even with people who aren't homophobic, and no matter what there will always be jerks on the planet.

An addiction can grab anyone, it has a good grip on me at times. I'm not even going to lie about the amount of times I have actually driven drunk, when I had my car accident I did actually wonder about whether I'd been drunk, turned out I hadn't but you never know. I can't make a sensible decision when it comes to alcohol.

As for Will Young, I guess he wants a world where 23% of LGBT identifying kids don't feel the need to kill themselves, and he's targeting the culture of homophobic language, even if the intent isn't really there.

Changing the subject, I'm sort of pissed off at the moment. This guy at work has been really flirty with me. I didn't take it seriously, because I knew it wasn't really meant the way it may have come across to others. I could tell he was treating it as a joke. He jokingly asked me out on a date, and I called his bluff, and took him to the G-A-Y bar on Sunday.

He had me down as some uptight stuck in the mud and I surprised him by showing him a good time and actually having some fun myself.

I danced the night away tbh.

Anyway, last night he started texting me saying I can't tell anyone where I took him and I shouldn't text him anymore because of rumours around work. The thing that's pissing me off is he's acting like I've been chasing him when it was all him! I never texted him first and I never flirted back with him, I just called him out on his childish game and proved him wrong, now he's acting like I've done something wrong!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An addiction can grab anyone, it has a good grip on me at times. I'm not even going to lie about the amount of times I have actually driven drunk, when I had my car accident I did actually wonder about whether I'd been drunk, turned out I hadn't but you never know. I can't make a sensible decision when it comes to alcohol.

As for Will Young, I guess he wants a world where 23% of LGBT identifying kids don't feel the need to kill themselves, and he's targeting the culture of homophobic language, even if the intent isn't really there.

Changing the subject, I'm sort of pissed off at the moment. This guy at work has been really flirty with me. I didn't take it seriously, because I knew it wasn't really meant the way it may have come across to others. I could tell he was treating it as a joke. He jokingly asked me out on a date, and I called his bluff, and took him to the G-A-Y bar on Sunday.

He had me down as some uptight stuck in the mud and I surprised him by showing him a good time and actually having some fun myself.

I danced the night away tbh.

Anyway, last night he started texting me saying I can't tell anyone where I took him and I shouldn't text him anymore because of rumours around work. The thing that's pissing me off is he's acting like I've been chasing him when it was all him! I never texted him first and I never flirted back with him, I just called him out on his childish game and proved him wrong, now he's acting like I've done something wrong!

Sounds like a coward to me, not worth a moment's thought!
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Seconded. Sounds like he's a bit of a toolbox from where I'm sitting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do have to wonder some times I was looking at next years calendars today and, I know its each to their own, but it went like this....

Louis Smith, Tom Daley, Joey Essex, Daniel O'Donnell, Orlando Bloom, Union J, Ed Sheeran.

Something is a miss there. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do have to wonder some times I was looking at next years calendars today and, I know its each to their own, but it went like this....

Louis Smith, Tom Daley, Joey Essex, Daniel O'Donnell, Orlando Bloom, Union J, Ed Sheeran.

Something is a miss there. :p

Really? :eek:

I don't like any of them looks wise, but I'd kill to look like Tom Daley :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? :eek:
    Its not him that really jumped out to me, it was Daniel O'Donnell.

No offense, but he doesn't belong in the 'beefcake' section. (Neither does Sheeran really...)
    I don't like any of them looks wise, but I'd kill to look like Tom Daley :p
    Wouldn't we all?! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not him that really jumped out to me, it was Daniel O'Donnell.

No offense, but he doesn't belong in the 'beefcake' section. (Neither does Sheeran really...)

Wouldn't we all?! :p

Neither do any of them, I thought beefcake was like a huge musclehead, usually in his thirties?

Joey Essex is a dickbat, and he's not sexy at all :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither do any of them, I thought beefcake was like a huge musclehead, usually in his thirties?
    lol it does. I just used it as I couldn't think how best to describe that section of calendars. You know the part I mean, usually has the firemen and rugger calendars as well.
    Maybe the 'pervy section' would've been better? :p
    Joey Essex is a dickbat, and he's not sexy at all :p
    Yup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Union J's was Jaymi all the way through I'd be well happy, but it's not. I might have to settle for a Tom Daley one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind I just discovered a Bieber one :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Cakey!! :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol it does. I just used it as I couldn't think how best to describe that section of calendars. You know the part I mean, usually has the firemen and rugger calendars as well.
    Maybe the 'pervy section' would've been better? :p

Yup.

How about Gay Spy ;)
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Union J's was Jaymi all the way through I'd be well happy, but it's not. I might have to settle for a Tom Daley one.

:eek: Josh is nice. :p Actually all minus George are...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about Gay Spy ;)

lol I've not viewed that part of DS for ages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I've not viewed that part of DS for ages.

The last time I saw it was when Freddie Prinze Jr was topless, I've always liked him :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah he ain't half bad. And he's kept his looks too.

BTW, you know they say "sex sells"... well Zac Efron gets his arse out in his new film trailer. :o You know they've done that just so you go and watch it. (movie looks dreadful).

EDIT: I see DS has save anyone the hassle and has a screen cap here:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/best-in-showbiz/a523999/zac-efrons-13-most-awkward-moments-condoms-pee-and-miley.html