Options

Series 5 - Masterchef Australia ...starts 15th Sept.

Comments

• Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Keltys right about the Asian dressing but enough already! Are they changing the programme name to MasterKelty ??

At least it is an improvement on MasterClarissa, which it was at times earlier. The editors decided not to spare viewers at all by inflicting the full force of her annoyance on us.
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    My money is on either Nolene or Neha to be sent packing ...
  • Options
    Mer~maidMer~maid Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Neha as Captain was a disaster, In my opinion she contributed big time to the Dory Disaster. She took over from Nolene to cook the fish early, resulting in overcooked fish, and instead of committing to the french theme, pushing ahead with the Asian sauce, then switching back at the last minute. Car crash.
  • Options
    susziesuszie Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    It is the curse of the blue apron's it seems, actually wanted the red team to win as not many of the red team have annoyed me so was glad they won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blokee wrote: »
    Agree with others about the guest chef. One of the worst I've seen in the MC Kitchen. Didn't seem to enjoy it at all.

Disagree. I think he knew he was playing the pantomime villain that he was being asked to be, and probably auditioning for a bigger part in the next series.

I can see him as a replacement for Matt Moran
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh the irony of Kelty complaining about others going off and not working as a team, when he's the first to claim when something good was down to him and no-one else. I fear he's going to be here till the end. I don't think I can cope.
    solarflare wrote: »
    Anyway an interesting show today, with the moral being that inedible food wins over technically better food it it fits the transient theme of the week better. Good work on that one.

I think that was fair enough. It wasn't inedible, just very spicy, and they made it clear at the start that the element had to be the main focus of the dish. It was in Rishi's, but not in Liliana's.
    suszie wrote: »
    It is the curse of the blue apron's it seems, actually wanted the red team to win as not many of the red team have annoyed me so was glad they won.

Pretty boy is safe, so I'm happy :D I thought they worked better as a team as well, and Rishi was a great captain.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Mer~maid wrote: »
    Neha as Captain was a disaster, In my opinion she contributed big time to the Dory Disaster. She took over from Nolene to cook the fish early, resulting in overcooked fish, and instead of committing to the french theme, pushing ahead with the Asian sauce, then switching back at the last minute. Car crash.

Didn't help that Nolene was refusing to make the original sauce. She did after all claim she could and would make it.

What exactly did Nolene do with her time? She just filleted the fish and nothing else.

Both Nolene and Kelty brought down the team with their negative attitude from the start. Neha didn't choose to be Captain, rather than get behind her they moaned and complained.

It's probably a good thing Nolene didn't make the sauce it would have probably curdled with the looks she was giving.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise until reading a website this morning ( I'm giving nothing away, don't worry) except that Kelty is 'Kelty's' second name - he's Daniel Kelty irl.:)
  • Options
    blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Didn't help that Nolene was refusing to make the original sauce. She did after all claim she could and would make it.

What exactly did Nolene do with her time? She just filleted the fish and nothing else.

Both Nolene and Kelty brought down the team with their negative attitude from the start. Neha didn't choose to be Captain, rather than get behind her they moaned and complained.

It's probably a good thing Nolene didn't make the sauce it would have probably curdled with the looks she was giving.

It annoys me when people moan but don't offer any alternative! Neha had no choice but to make a quick sauce. I really hope Noelene goes soon because she is getting a bit nasty and I'm sick of watching her bring down the mood. She's like Clarissa - yes she brings some drama, but it's not the sort of drama I like watching.
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I think that was fair enough. It wasn't inedible, just very spicy, and they made it clear at the start that the element had to be the main focus of the dish. It was in Rishi's, but not in Liliana's.

I think there are good reasons to pick either dish, but the fact that George spat it out, I felt should really void any dish winning.
    Mer~maid wrote: »

I think they had Neha pegged as "weak" and did nothing to help her. They were too busy blaming her to bother to pull together for the sake of the team. I see Neha as someone bubbly and friendly and probably not a natural leader - but a decent person who derserves some respect. I wonder if Neha's friendly personality, small stature and gender (yes I went there) contributed to Noelene's perception of her.

Neha's hair is amazing. :D
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pray to god Noleen or Kelty are out tonight!!:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have an awful feeling that Kelty is in for the long haul - but then again we are getting SO much exposure of him - maybe they're "spoiling" us for when he gets unceremoniously booted out and we don't have him earnestly blethering on our screens. Oh when will that day be?
  • Options
    BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the better dish/not fulfilling criteria debate this has been clear in previous MCA series. If a dish had to have a core ingredient as the hero then that is the significant element. If the two dishes are even close then they'll pick the dish with the ingredient as the hero over the better dish to eat. Contestants should know this as this isn't new.

Also this Kelty chap...is he moving from the down-right annoying to the nasty category? I think Noelene is nasty but only had Kelty as downright annoying and full of himself but he bullied Neha into putting the galette (sp) on the plate when Neha knew it was the wrong decision because he wanted his work showcased at the expense to the quality of the dish - and the team as a whole.

As for dessert queens - I agree - I hate that. Some people cook better desserts than mains but do they ever go '(name) is the duck king' or '(name) is the queen of chooks'? The only one I can remember is Billy and his Pork Belly is S3 but apart from that...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blokee wrote: »
    On the better dish/not fulfilling criteria debate this has been clear in previous MCA series. If a dish had to have a core ingredient as the hero then that is the significant element. If the two dishes are even close then they'll pick the dish with the ingredient as the hero over the better dish to eat. Contestants should know this as this isn't new.

Also this Kelty chap...is he moving from the down-right annoying to the nasty category? I think Noelene is nasty but only had Kelty as downright annoying and full of himself but he bullied Neha into putting the galette (sp) on the plate when Neha knew it was the wrong decision because he wanted his work showcased at the expense to the quality of the dish - and the team as a whole.

As for dessert queens - I agree - I hate that. Some people cook better desserts than mains but do they ever go '(name) is the duck king' or '(name) is the queen of chooks'? The only one I can remember is Billy and his Pork Belly is S3 but apart from that...

But George spat the chilli poppers out! :D That should have counted against Rishi, I felt, even though I agree about this 'hero' thing they go on about every year.

Kelty definitely has an edge (like on the school task) but I think pushing your dish because you made it and think it's good, while annoying for Neha, does make sense from a selfish point of view. Whereas Noelene just didn't make the sauce and clearly had an attitude. At least Kelty made that snail thing to contribute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise until reading a website this morning ( I'm giving nothing away, don't worry) except that Kelty is 'Kelty's' second name - he's Daniel Kelty irl.:)

He is so intriguing! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blokee, what was your "big typo"? :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blowup wrote: »
    But George spat the chilli poppers out! :D

It's well known that he doesn't like chilli. That's not the contestants' fault.

If they make chilli one of the hero ingredients that the contestants have to showcase, they can't complain if they get hot food
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    But George spat the chilli poppers out! :D That should have counted against Rishi, I felt, even though I agree about this 'hero' thing they go on about every year.

Kelty definitely has an edge (like on the school task) but I think pushing your dish because you made it and think it's good, while annoying for Neha, does make sense from a selfish point of view. Whereas Noelene just didn't make the sauce and clearly had an attitude. At least Kelty made that snail thing to contribute.

But George is a total wuss when it comes to chillies. He hates them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wrote 'I like Noelene' instead of 'I think Noelene' - I didn't want anyone thinking I like her in any way, shape or form :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know, I'm dying to know what the "big typo" was too!!!!!!!

Re George and the chilli, he's on a par with me for chilli heat. He can't handle it - it's a long standing joke.

Fir me, I'd expect a wrath dish to be hot like Rishi made it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Like others have said - George is known for not being able to handle spice. They deemed it edible but for those with a non-spicy palate it wouldn't be the most enjoyable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Meh I hate when they make them do the whole emotional thing...
  • Options
    Quizzimodo1000Quizzimodo1000 Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Fed up with the sob stories.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noelene , if a pigs head usually takes 3 hours ...there's a reason for that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christ that looks that the oiliest curry ever!!!!
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Meh I hate when they make them do the whole emotional thing...
    Fed up with the sob stories.

I agree! It doesn't make entertaining telly for me. I can see why they get emotional and how easy it is to get weepy and so on, but it is really irritating to watch over and over again.

The only time I remember not hating seeing someone getting emotional in one of these challenges was in series 2 when poor wee Callum got all tearful talking about his dad, and it seemed so genuine and sweet and he was really embarrassed about it...