Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    SA got to see the Radcliffe organ then.

Or his "golden snitch" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if I believe that but, if it's true, it's all the more reason to value public broadcasters like the Beeb, who aren't reliant on advertisers' cash.

Morning all. :)

Television shows are being trimmed and the excuse is the ongoing recession..step forward cash rich sponsors..Producer of many years assured me it's common for them to want 'content authorisation' on certain scenes...This was commom in USA 50/60 's TV...My point is tha twhy wouldn't LBC do the same?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    NF was on a BBC Sunday morning current affairs programme a few weeks back, as ever playing the right winger.
    I was quite shocked at how fat he now is.

Be brave...take a look at him at the LBC party...Man in an ill fitting expensive pin stripe suit...:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fifteen minute convoluted diatribe from J O'B which could have been summed up as - 'what do you think of the teachers' strike?'

Listening yesterday i gave up and just tweeted JOB and vented my spleen...Forget the topic but in the course of an hour he managed i think four,possibly five callers...He spent a ridculous amount of time giving his view..The same way he has destroyed Mystery Hour...The man i love to hate NF is entertaining enough for me:D..JOB has become self serving and JHB IS:mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IN CONVERSATION with me this week is SA of LBC,i hope to have an informal chat about his career and what he's achieved..I will not butt in,make lewd comments or turn the conversation to my curious views on the world.By the end of the hour,the listener will be delightfully informed that i have done a complete U turn on someone i despised for years and slagged off on my very very important show.I am just hoping i get some cooking tips and how to collect DVD's from the great man..The show will be available to podcast in the moments you need a great presenter with so much indepth knowledge of 'showbiz'...Now what was the text number?..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About to have a rant with NF...phone packed up again..am i being bugged?...
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening yesterday i gave up and just tweeted JOB and vented my spleen...Forget the topic but in the course of an hour he managed i think four,possibly five callers...He spent a ridculous amount of time giving his view..The same way he has destroyed Mystery Hour...The man i love to hate NF is entertaining enough for me:D..JOB has become self serving and JHB IS:mad::mad:

Yes James O'Brien seems to be getting ever more self-obsessed. It is time to freshen up that 10am to 1pm slot and give him a rest.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    redvers36 wrote: »
    Yes James O'Brien seems to be getting ever more self-obsessed. It is time to freshen up that 10am to 1pm slot and give him a rest.

Amen! :D
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About to have a rant with NF...phone packed up again..am i being bugged?...

More likely it's just a crap phone! :D
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Forget the topic but in the course of an hour he managed i think four,possibly five callers...He spent a ridculous amount of time giving his view..The same way he has destroyed Mystery Hour.

Maybe there weren't callers wanting to speak on the subject.

How has he destroyed Mystery Hour, a feature he invented for the radio?
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    A heavily pregnant (it seems) Steve Allen gives a 5 minute tour of the Global premises.

Looks quite posh!

http://youtu.be/V8RbcyfY-SI
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    A heavily pregnant (it seems) Steve Allen gives a 5 minute tour of the Global premises.

Looks quite posh!

All very glossy and hi-tech. Full screen would have been good; it was like watching a vertical version of Cinemascope! Steve has apologised for sweating and blamed it on the shirt! :D Excess poundage apart, he looks quite well.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurrah! It's Nick Abbot (and Amanda) Friday. I hope he gives us a rest from energy prices! :(
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member

Looks quite posh!

How very uninteresting.

SA seems to get titbits like this chucked his way.

I remember his awful "tour" of Twickenham.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be careful what you wish for. No J O'B this morning - Larry Lamb instead.
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why? As it is a refreshing change from James O'Brien's increasingly weary and tired programme.
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member

Did they say if JOB was ill or anything?

Hope he's OK
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? As it is a refreshing change from James O'Brien's increasingly weary and tired programme.

Well he's certainly a change .Hope everyone has readjusted their volume !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Did they say if JOB was ill or anything?

Hope he's OK

LL didn't seem to know.
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An extra helping of Lamb.
    Things are looking up.
    Give Lambie a listen
    You know it makes sense.
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looks quite posh!

Interesting - lobby looks a bit like a Holiday Inn Express but the rest is fairly impressive .

Wonder where the 'firing' room is ?
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member

Looks quite posh!

A Steve Allen mug eh? Bet not many people have got one of those. Said 2007 on it. I was still into listening very heavily to his show then. Don't remember them being mentioned as prizes.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    All very glossy and hi-tech. Full screen would have been good; it was like watching a vertical version of Cinemascope! Steve has apologised for sweating and blamed it on the shirt! :D Excess poundage apart, he looks quite well.

It's such a difference. Other than the odd profile photo of his face I last saw him properly on Five's Company - must be nigh on 13 years ago - before the heart attack and diabetes. I suppose he must be pushing 60 odd now though so yes, not looking too bad.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wonder where the 'firing' room is ?

In the basement where there is a passage through to Chinchin's dungeon.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member

I thought LL was universally panned on here?
This discussion has been closed.