Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    *prepares to rip own hart on and stomp all over it*

As Homer Simpson might put it:
    "OMG,OMG,OMG, OMG,OMG"
    Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! *happy and nervous at the prospect of having my heart broken by you* (I'm not sure what part you're coming to now)

The last chapter was perfect moment, so we go on from there...
    crazysusan wrote: »
    I cant do it, watch the wedding, it makes me sob.......god my heart broke for them that day...that scene when syed and amira drive away In the carriage and you just know, that Syed is being driven into his own personal hell, both he and Christian broken hearted...........and not knowing if they would be reunited...I can deal with so much, but seeing them wrenched apart is just too much:cry:

I think I might pass for now too :(

Still enjoying my happy-MQfight-bubble for now :D
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we should continue to enjoy MQ love too. :)
    So I dug THIS out from aaaaages ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found the original ep posts from the first thread if anyone's interested! Clealry our ep commentary improved and got more detailed as things progressed.... :p
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    Found the original ep posts from the first thread if anyone's interested! Clealry our ep commentary improved and got more detailed as things progressed.... :p

Epic! Thank you :D I love how the ep commentary lasted half a page.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    MQ scenes....so good seeing this again. And I've only just started...

It's all about Syed's attraction to Christian right from when C first walks in (well, attraction for them both, of course), with S so relieved to see him, yet afraid to have him there, so close....the nervous tension, manifesting itself in annoyance over the dinner (the work pressure). And Christian testing him, playfully, yet needing to know they both felt it... It matters...
    'Ambience is all wrong', 'The Okra needs dicing', lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Epic! Thank you :D I love how the ep commentary lasted half a page.

No worries :)

It doesn't exactly do the ep justice. Sure we managed to get more out of a 30 sec non dialogue scene than that. Although maybe that was out of desperation. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks for that. It's so odd!
    Such a deep, rich mine of Chryediness and just one or two comments from posters most of whom I don't recognise!

Christian 'is setting himself up for heartbreak' - ain't dat da troof.
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rome81 wrote: »

Oh dear... you're coming up to it aren't you... Two of the scenes that I literally hesitate to watch because they hurt so much... and fic about them, written by you.... *steels myself*

I think I might give NYD a little pass as well. Not sure how I'd react watching it now... I think I might actually break...
  • Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    ...I can't actually choose, but if a gun was held to my head and I had to say a favourite scene or die, I would say MQfight and Kitchen floor-talk. It's just basically PERFECT in every way, script and acting and EVERYTHING....

..I know. He is actually particularly gorgeus in that scene.
    And I could just about live off it too....

...I wondered what it was abot the delivery that I liked so much, and now I know. He says Marc with a "C". Naturally. :sleep:
    Thoroughly concur! I don't think there's another scene that comes close to it in terms of humour. I do love the insight into Syed's past too and the sense that they're just gonna fall deeper and deeper....
    ...MQ Kitchen Fight/Fridge Talk – for me it would seem it is all about conversation so again I choose this as it was always my most watched clip for a long long time. I love the way it moves from comedy to angst through the scene, they are both perfectly in character throughout and the fight and the banter leading up to it is hilarious, love all the use of props, Marc’s little catch of the chilli (which was accidental I am sure) Christian goading and teasing him and trying to make him jealous, and succeeding perfectly. Then the talk on the floor sets up the whole scenario of where Syed’s head is at, it’s plain he is enormously attracted to Christian, but cannot contemplate a relationship with him because his faith and the ‘dream life’ scenario he’s constructed for himself are too powerful, and because he is afraid of the terrible consequences of coming out for someone from his background. The eye movements and looks between the two on the floor by the fridge are stunning, the way Christian gently breaks him down and Syed confesses to his four one night stands, the heartbreaking line ‘what I want doesn’t matter’ – this all sums up perfectly the dilemma they will face the difficult journey ahead. I also include the last little bit – the talk at the end about ‘a bit of tape no-one will notice’ ‘you can’t just ‘ ‘what pretend – live a lie – why not?’ – you can see what an enormous struggle will face them.

meg_icy wrote: »
    MQ scenes....so good seeing this again. And I've only just started...

It's all about Syed's attraction to Christian right from when C first walks in (well, attraction for them both, of course), with S so relieved to see him, yet afraid to have him there, so close....the nervous tension, manifesting itself in annoyance over the dinner (the work pressure). And Christian testing him, playfully, yet needing to know they both felt it... It matters...
    'Ambience is all wrong', 'The Okra needs dicing', lol.

Oh, I could read MQ fight analysis and commentary all day long!!!! Thank you all! :):D:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    I think we should continue to enjoy MQ love too. :)
    So I dug THIS out from aaaaages ago.

Thanks Alex!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kqv wrote: »
    Oh, I could read MQ fight analysis and commentary all day long!!!! Thank you all! :):D:)

I'm sure there'll be more when we've heard what the writer has to say about it... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rome81 wrote: »

staying in happy bubble with you :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there'll be more when we've heard what the writer has to say about it... :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
  • Options
    rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I very much like the sound of that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps we should skip the wedding and watch Perfect Moment. It's a little bit angsty, but it won't tear our hearts out.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I'm too much of a wimp to watch NYD as well! :o

Instead I'll post this which is on my best scenes document, thank goodness I saved it! I put Forehead Kiss at number 5 in a top 15 clips survey, (can't remember who held it sorry)

5)Forehead Kiss/It’s All Ok – never was anything less ok. Still the most heartbreaking bit of the storyline for me, Christian being totally selfless, letting Syed go, telling him what he needs to hear, you can see they are both destroyed. The line about ‘it’s an Asian thing’ – I sobbed out loud at this point, along with Christian. Syed realising he’s made his prison, for himself and Amira. Christian looking like his life is over and probably feeling it at that moment. The cinematography is great, with the stained glass window behind them giving it a religious feel to the moment, a moment of holy sacrifice through love. Syed’s bowed head, Christian’s gentle kiss on the forehead, almost parental, nurturing noble and kind. Syed’s face as he watches the man he loves walk away, the realisation of what he’s done, and he’s lost his mother’s love – all the sacrifice has been for nothing. Stunning piece of TV.

:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, being on here again is weiiiird. I don't think I've been signed on for six months?? I'm actually a bit nervous about posting again. Which is understandable, given what a hostile environment this always was :sleep:

Anyway, hope everyone is well!

I made a few things... soooo. Sorry about incomplete Tumblr, literally just made it yesterday to upload these. :)

Basically, this is to celebrate the incredible romantic sides of Christian and Syed.

This one was made for 'personal reasons' (I labelled the files 'realsyed', ha.)

On a related note... (I made this one FOREVER ago).

And this was just something cute I picked up on watching random clips a few weeks ago (something I hadn't done in forever.)

I'll probably make more if people like them. Or even if you don't, I had way too much fun doing them. :o Especially with the romance ones, lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sorry, getting lost in watching MQ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Instead I'll post this which is on my best scenes document, thank goodness I saved it! I put Forehead Kiss at number 5 in a top 15 clips survey, (can't remember who held it sorry)

5)Forehead Kiss/It’s All Ok – never was anything less ok. Still the most heartbreaking bit of the storyline for me, Christian being totally selfless, letting Syed go, telling him what he needs to hear, you can see they are both destroyed. The line about ‘it’s an Asian thing’ – I sobbed out loud at this point, along with Christian. Syed realising he’s made his prison, for himself and Amira. Christian looking like his life is over and probably feeling it at that moment. The cinematography is great, with the stained glass window behind them giving it a religious feel to the moment, a moment of holy sacrifice through love. Syed’s bowed head, Christian’s gentle kiss on the forehead, almost parental, nurturing noble and kind. Syed’s face as he watches the man he loves walk away, the realisation of what he’s done, and he’s lost his mother’s love – all the sacrifice has been for nothing. Stunning piece of TV.

:cry::cry::cry:

It's the only bit of NYD I can watch - it was beautifully written and the delivery extraordinary
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, being on here again is weiiiird. I don't think I've been signed on for six months?? I'm actually a bit nervous about posting again. Which is understandable, given what a hostile environment this always was :sleep:

I made a few things... soooo. Sorry about incomplete Tumblr, literally just made it yesterday to upload these. :)

Basically, this is to celebrate the incredible romantic sides of Christian and Syed.

And this was just something cute I picked up on watching random clips a few weeks ago (something I hadn't done in forever.)

I'll probably make more if people like them. Or even if you don't, I had way too much fun doing them. :o Especially with the romance ones, lol.

Oh my god, hello! Hope you're well. :D

Thanks for all these - I don't know what they are yet :sleep: but I'm opening them all in a tab and waiting for them to load so I can look at them. :cool:

ETA: Okay, reblogging everything. Cracking up at the romance ones!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Don't have anything new to say about the MQ scene, but it is one of the clips that I never tire of watching. The humour, the tension, the anger, the double meanings, the serious chat, it's all great. Christian so has Sy figured out, too, lol.

I like to contrast this one with the scene from December 2009 where Mas is getting Amira to take Zee out shopping. The boys are so happy that they are going to have some alone time, the smiles on their faces are wonderful. What a difference a few months made!

Still crack up at the chutney design that ends up on Christian's shirt!

"Don't hit me with dahl!" is one of my fave lines.

Great episode!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps we should skip the wedding and watch Perfect Moment. It's a little bit angsty, but it won't tear our hearts out.

Thoughts?

Works for me ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hiya. they are wonderful. thank you:D
  • Options
    ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random observation: I just can't seem to get over how LOADED with substance and meaning every single word, pause and tone of voice in MQfight/Kitchen floor talk is.
    /I don't have to tell you that :sleep:

:cry::cry::cry :
    Thank you so much for this. You worded it better than I can ever dream of doing.

It's one of my two alternative favourite scenes. Adore it, and it breaks me all at the same time in true Chryedian style :sleep: :cool:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!mt, you're heeeere!! So good to see you, and thank you for every one of these.
    Laaarved them, esp. the romance ones. They are true romantics, Christian and Syed are... :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

PLEASE MAKE MORE! :D
    I LOVE them. Especially the 'romance' ones - had me laughing out loud.
    Great to 'see' you too. :)