Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like a high school reunion in here. :D

edit - online one of course. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your replies Alex & Kathy, very true!

Gorgeous, thanks! :D
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Helloooooo!!!!! :D Feels kinda weird being back here, but in a good way. Massive thanks to Alex for organising this and to everyone for all the links :) I haven't had a chance to catch up on everything yet (been at work today :() but have saved lots of stuff to catch up on later. LMAO at some of the old threads/posts :D We did have a laugh on here, didn't we? :D

Hellooooo JN, great to see you! We did, didn't we :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Helloooooo!!!!! :D Feels kinda weird being back here, but in a good way. Massive thanks to Alex for organising this and to everyone for all the links :) I haven't had a chance to catch up on everything yet (been at work today :() but have saved lots of stuff to catch up on later. LMAO at some of the old threads/posts :D We did have a laugh on here, didn't we? :D

Hi JN!!!! Glad you're here...lots to catch up on later...:):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    A couple of people have mentioned Perfect Moment, so perhaps it is time for a little viewing, seeing as we went off-schedule :eek: and didn't do it earlier.

Anyone got a link?

I'd love to! :sleep::D (to quote Syed...)

If anyone could PM me a link that would be awesome, thank you x
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    One thing though - regardless of how well DTC performs in this stint as executive producer (which I have faith, will be good), I'll always be thankful to him for giving me my favourite ever storyline in Chryed. :)

I wasn't there but I expect when you all saw him at Johnny's musical (ACL), earlier this year you showered him with lots of praise. :D

So true Katrina. It brought us so much! :)
  • Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it LN who did their exit, not Kirkwood??

Ah, perfect moment. It was... there's some word to describe it... faultless. :sleep: It was so unexpected, too. It was spoiled that Masood was going to catch them (though it was largely embargoed), but I could never have guessed it was going to be so loving and tender. Such a great episode. Ah, those beautiful days when they still remembered Syed was a Muslim.

Such a great comment for such a great episode!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, the romance :p I think Syed calling a lawyer being his idea of a big romantic gesture just sums them up really. They're both as bad as each other :p

I remember writing several posts basically scoffing at the idea of one of Chryed ever cheating on the other after the hell they'd been through to get together. I must have forgotten which show I was watching :sleep: I kind of miss the days when I was that deluded though!

I did love their quirkiness and lack of romance! It was never an intended thing i don't think, but it just kind of suited them as a couple. Think it speaks volumes when a trait that wasn't deliberate got more continuity than their original character/couple traits. :sleep:
  • Options
    DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    Oh, the romance :p I think Syed calling a lawyer being his idea of a big romantic gesture just sums them up really. They're both as bad as each other :p

I remember writing several posts basically scoffing at the idea of one of Chryed ever cheating on the other after the hell they'd been through to get together. I must have forgotten which show I was watching :sleep: I kind of miss the days when I was that deluded though!

BIB1: This! That's why I loved them so much, because they weren't romantic, we never got cheesy romance and the big 'running to the airport to make an epic declaration of love' stuff, they were so them. Missed. :(

BIB2: Oh, and this. I miss the days when I had optimism and faith in people. EE made me cynical and bitter and it sucks. :sleep:

(My god, typing 'BIB' again felt weird...)
    Hey.

No. :sleep:

Lol, it did make me laugh a bit when non-thread people thought we took it all sooo seriously. I mean, we did in a way, obviously, but we ripped the piss out of Chryed, the storylines, other characters, each other...I mean, ffs, our title is 'Waiting for Chryed to Get it on'- that is not a title that attracts people who are really uptight.

One moment you'd be reading a serious post about the impact of cultural homophobia, the next someone would be making jokes out of an unfortunately-phrased spoiler ('As Syed feels the pressure, Christian takes matters into his own hands' etc.)

God yes - like how people were convinced we really hated Amira and blamed her for everything. Okay, maybe the odd person (Poppy...), but most of it was just affectionate piss-taking.

Remember the mods being really concerned about us when the ABRC news broke cos they thought we'd be distraught at the idea of them dropping a roof on Syed's head? How little they knew us... It was half desperately praying for comas and flatlining, and half taking the piss out of his Michael Jackson hair!
    I think this is one of those things we'll never have a clear answar for. Lorraine was in role by then but we know - even reinforced in the interview - that scripts are written months in advance.

Lorraine was a weak executive but I still think the hiring of Danny was done under Kirkwood, therefore his arc was mapped out pretty early on.

However Lorraines exits have genuinely been weak.

Zainab? Not to mention recently Jack - who I have absolutely no care for. No seriously, even Tyler Moon got a better exit. :sleep:

THIS!

My view is that we have BK to blame for the existence of DTW and at least the general idea, but LN could have changed it or at least tweaked it but chose not to - the scripts weren't written yet and we know things can change right up to filming. Now maybe that's because she had enough on her plate with inheriting EE with the state it was in, and that's fair enough, but I think there's plenty of room to spread the blame around personally.
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing though - regardless of how well DTC performs in this stint as executive producer (which I have faith, will be good), I'll always be thankful to him for giving me my favourite ever storyline in Chryed. :)

I wasn't there but I expect when you all saw him at Johnny's musical (ACL), earlier this year you showered him with lots of praise. :D

Absolutely. :) I really hope he kicks the show into touch. I don't think I'll be watching it anymore anyway, because pretty much all of my favourite characters have left (and Sonia's coming back. The only thing more likely than a Chryed cheating story to get me to switch off :D). Even if I do get a bit of a kick of it getting regularly beat by Emmerdale by a million. Sorry. :o But my mother still watches it and I'd like to be able to watch an episode without wanting to die of boredom.

But whatever happens under his reign, he brought us Chryed and that makes him amazing. Only wish he could have been set on instead of BK way back when. We could have had it allll...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved unromantic Syed too. :D

I still remember that Birthday card he gave to Christian saying "Cheers" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dessie wrote: »
    Remember the mods being really concerned about us when the ABRC news broke cos they thought we'd be distraught at the idea of them dropping a roof on Syed's head? How little they knew us... It was half desperately praying for comas and flatlining, and half taking the piss out of his Michael Jackson hair!

Ha ha ha! This.

I still remember posting about much I hoped Syed would flatline with a screaming and crying Christian by his side. :p:D I think the word gas mask came up. :o

We were such angst-****. :sleep:

And totally agree about peoples perceptions of us. To some, we'll always be just fangirls who fantasise about two hot men getting together but when it came down it we were really misunderstood and I think we always will be. I say that for most fandoms though. Anything with a large following usually has it's detractors (and trolls :sleep: I so DONT miss having to deal with them anymore).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved unromantic Syed too. :D

I still remember that Birthday card he gave to Christian saying "Cheers" :D

Christian's not much better, ha. But Syed has the edge. :cool:

Didn't it also have a really insulting badge, that said something like 'not 40- yet'?? Oh, Syed.

But, then, in an unconventionally unromantic way, Syed being willing to do something on Christian's birthday that he probably would've actively hated (going to a drag show or something like that) because he thought it was something Christian would enjoy was lovely. Far more actually romantic than a nice card. That's how they worked- they didn't need a romantic card, fancy meals, or a gorgeous wedding venue* because they genuinely really loved each other.

*though I really, really wish it hadn't been a curry house. :o Still better than the Vic, though. :p
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, disappeared for a bit - gotta go out in a bit.
    Perfect Moment viewing at 19:40 precisely!
    Thanks for the link Katrina - delete it after we've watched. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I need a reason to kiss my wife?

Er, yes....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "my book of suitabe brides"
    LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*though I really, really wish it hadn't been a curry house. :o Still better than the Vic, though. :p
    I always championed an outdoor wedding. We never got it but yes I do remember the #anything but the Vic mantra. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    Do I need a reason to kiss my wife?

Er, yes....

I feel so bad for Amira there. "What was that for?" It's a kiss on the cheek. :o She must be so deprived of spontaneous romantic contact like that.

It must be weird to have Syed kissing her without having to discuss her ovulation cycle beforehand, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "She wants me to let the gas man in."

Is that some kind of kinky euphemism? -_-

ETA Because we know about Christian's problem with wind...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Get Christian to do it".

I'm sorry, but Amira did treat Christian like a dogsbody. :o People who said Christian was her best friend were watching a different programme from me...

He did far worse to her, but still. Let's not pretend Christian was betraying a beautiful friendship here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Get Christian to do it".

I'm sorry, but Amira did treat Christian like a dogsbody. :o People who said Christian was her best friend were watching a different programme from me...

He did far worse to her, but still. Let's not pretend Christian was betraying a beautiful friendship here.

I never bought into thier friendship. It was clearly a plot-device.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Syed's "Not out here." is significant.
    THAT's why it was important that Reunion was outside in the market.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Then there's nothing to talk about."

"Please?"

*Christian gives in*

topic for discussion: who is the bigger soft touch, Syed or Christian? :sleep:

God, that look Syed gives him after 'not out here'.... yeah, definitely wants to 'talk'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christian is all 'I've heard all this before'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weirdly like the lighting and setting for this scene. The simplicity of the room is such an opposite to the complexity of Syed and Christian's situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, I still remember championing first dance and my reaction when I got it. :D

I think I was more excited that it happened that how it was played.

So short but oh well bread crumbs was what became the norm in thier last two years. :sleep: