Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello rome! :)

Hello :)

Did I hear someone mention you posted a new fic?? Could I have a link please :D

Yes I'm too lazy to go look for it :sleep:

:o
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    I love Nick's last bit in Part 3.

"My job was to get them to kiss, almost from a standing start. That was the job of that episode."

Get them to kiss.
    From a standing start.
    That episode.

One episode to get a very private, religious man (who gave up his family for the person he has been in love with for three years and is now engaged to) to kiss a randomer in the street days before his wedding.

Kinda says it all really.

I LOVE that he says that.

Because I always said that there was nothing between Danny and Syed until then. Obviously Danny was interested, but Syed literally only ever talked about money with him. There was nothing on Syed's end whatsoever. They even had a week off between Syed meeting him and Syed calling him the first time. Syed and Danny had about five minutes combined screentime before they kissed where Danny made hilariously terrible pick-up lines/innuendo and Syed was just like 'money???'. Bizarre.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Nick's last bit in Part 3.

"My job was to get them to kiss, almost from a standing start. That was the job of that episode."

Get them to kiss.
    From a standing start.
    That episode.

One episode to get a very private, religious man (who gave up his family for the person he has been in love with for three years and is now engaged to) to kiss a randomer in the street days before his wedding.

Kinda says it all really.

ETA Don't envy Nick for being allocated that episode.

QFT Yup.
    I bet he was overjoyed when he found out he'd got it. :sleep:
    'Standing start' makes me imagine Syed taking a run up for some reason. :o
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QFT Yup.
    I bet he was overjoyed when he found out he'd got it. :sleep:
    'Standing start' makes me imagine Syed taking a run up for some reason. :o

Your comment is literally the first thing that has ever managed to make me smile about that episode. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVE that he says that.

Because I always said that there was nothing between Danny and Syed until then. Obviously Danny was interested, but Syed literally only ever talked about money with him. There was nothing on Syed's end whatsoever. They even had a week off between Syed meeting him and Syed calling him the first time. Syed and Danny had about five minutes combined screentime before they kissed where Danny made hilariously terrible pick-up lines/innuendo and Syed was just like 'money???'. Bizarre.

I always wondered if we were meant to think Syed wanted to be him rather than be with him, but I'm possibly reading too much into a horrible, hurried, careless mish mash of utter bobbins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your comment is literally the first thing that has ever managed to make me smile about that episode. :)

Yay! My work is done. :D
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »

Always remember your beautiful page. :) Thanks for posting. I'm really glad they filmed it all outside for Reunion - I felt it was important it was public. Thanks for the info about filming Laura. :) *waves*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help noticing that we have been rather lax in our rewatches. I'd quite like to do one now, if other people are up for it.

We had DC week, roof collapse, reconciliation with the Masoods and Chryed's wedding on the schedule.
    But I quite fancy reunion, as Nick's just been talking about it.

What do other people fancy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? You didn't find 'this is bad' 'so why does it feel so good?' hilarious? I went to Belfast the day after the episode aired and I kept randomly cracking up thinking about it. My parents probably thought I was mad. It was sooo bad.

edit: omg I remember when Jenn and I were writing 'roses are red...' poems from Danny to Syed. I laughed so much. It was such a romance. I wonder if I'll be able to find them. I deleted my Facebook a while ago, so I don't know if I have them anywhere.
    I always wondered if we were meant to think Syed wanted to be him rather than be with him, but I'm possibly reading too much into a horrible, hurried, careless mish mash of utter bobbins.

Yeah, I think this too.

It always cracks me up a bit in the wedding episode where Christian says 'Have you got feelings for him?' and Syed goes 'NO!' immediately. Poor Danny, used and abused. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »

:D:D:D
    Oh the wonderful memories! Wardrobe department I salute you, though towels would have been enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? You didn't find 'this is bad' 'so why does it feel so good?' hilarious? I went to Belfast the day after the episode aired and I kept randomly cracking up thinking about it. My parents probably thought I was mad. It was sooo bad.

No, I can't even laugh at this. It is a TERRIBLE line, but it still didn't put Syed off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help noticing that we have been rather lax in our rewatches. I'd quite like to do one now, if other people are up for it.

We had DC week, roof collapse, reconciliation with the Masoods and Chryed's wedding on the schedule.

Reunion would be lovely. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh the wonderful memories! Wardrobe department I salute you, though towels would have been enough.

You have mentioned this towel quite a few times now. You seem to be quite fond of it. I can't imagine why... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

edit: omg I remember when Jenn and I were writing 'roses are red...' poems from Danny to Syed. I laughed so much. It was such a romance. I wonder if I'll be able to find them. I deleted my Facebook a while ago, so I don't know if I have them anywhere.

Yeah, I think this too.

It always cracks me up a bit in the wedding episode where Christian says 'Have you got feelings for him?' and Syed goes 'NO!' immediately. Poor Danny, used and abused. :(

He could have thrown up a bit too, and done a wasp dance. For good measure.
  • Options
    kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member

Ha! Thanks for making me laugh! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reunion would be lovely. :)

Good enough for me! :D
    Anyone got a link?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    Just watched all the NHB interviews, thank you so much Alex, Mercs and Dessie :) What a lovely man, so generous of him to give up his time to do that :) It's fascinating to get that kind of insight into the episodes and the whole process. I love his honesty too, and the fact it pretty much confirms my view that everything bad that ever happened wrt to Chryed is all Kirkwood's fault :sleep: I don't remember much about the DTW kiss episode (I've blocked it out *saying that a la Bobby in ACL* :p) but I'm glad you were able to reassure him that it wasn't his fault it wasn't believable:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm up for reunion! :)

Whenever it got bad, you could always rely on the fashion to provide some hilarity. :D
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That was my take on it, which I must admit at the time I managed to make work for me (at a massive stretch) because I had to be able to make some sense out of it.:p

And I do think it's possible to interpret it like that. Doubt that was BK's thought though......and of course one of the things that makes it fall through is because

this had happened 2 years before.....

Which is a much loved scene and why we are all here. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, omg, found them.

Valentine's Rhymes almost entirely composed from Danny's lines (some are mine, some are jenn's):

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ my eye is black/but I'm still thinking about you

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ you're damaged goods/ does that mean I get a discount on you?

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ have I misread the signals/ or do you want this too?

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ send me some wedding cake / since I ruined your stag do.

We clearly took this whole thing VERY seriously until the twist happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link for reunion :)
    Lol, omg, found them.

Valentine's Rhymes almost entirely composed from Danny's lines (some are mine, some are jenn's):

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ my eye is black/but I'm still thinking about you

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ you're damaged goods/ does that mean I get a discount on you?

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ have I misread the signals/ or do you want this too?

Roses are red/ violets are blue/ send me some wedding cake / since I ruined your stag do.

HA, bloody ingenious! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, omg, found them.

If we hadn't laughed, we would have cried.
    Some of us only cried. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to press PLAY on reunion at 16:50 precisely. :)

ETA Thanks for the link Teapot. Don't forget to go back and delete the link after, to protect our precious sources! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    BIB 1 - they had such complex and interesting characters, I feel they just needed to use more of their past, (especially Christian's which I feel was unexplored, his youth, and also Syed's time in Leeds) and the storylines could have had SO much more depth. Talking about all this is making me want to write fic again though! I only ever wrote two, one of which I never published. :o Ok, I must shut up now. I did still love it. I am determined to wallow in shallowness for the rest of this afternoon if I can. Especially with DC viewing coming up. :p

BIB 2 - Yep, and it was painful. Totally forced on the viewer, awful. It must be hard to be under pressure to create new characters, but to make it that obvious that you want one to be accepted, it's wrong.

Right, going off to do the washing up, and make some food. Back for 2ish. :D

BIB Hi Starfish! Glad you mentioned this. I've always wondered about Christian's back story, from the time he left home until we first saw him in Jan. 08, about to marry Ashley. We know he was in love with Jane's husband, David, but what else? Where did he live all those years, what jobs did he have, what other relationships did he have (besides all the ONSs, lol). It always bugged me that in so many ways they made him into the stereotypical gay man, good at cooking, decorating, fashion, party planning, etc. Of course, a lot of the gay men I know would probably say that the stereotype is totally true, for Christian and for them, LOL. Anyway, some back story would have been nice, even if it was just information about how he supported himself all those years. More on Syed`s exile in Leeds would have been welcome, too.
    That having been said, I did like how we got to know Christian from Jan. 08, until Syed came into his life. Despite his party boy persona we slowly saw how he was lonely at times, how he probably really wanted a serious relationship and a family. Whenever I watch those early episodes, I think of what a great set up they were for Chryed.