Options

Do you have cushions on the bed?

lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
Forum Member
You know the ones - small cushions that you place leaning against the pillows when you make your bed up?
I do this, and I can't think why? They do nothing. I have to throw them on the floor when I go to bed where they just become a trip hazard when I get up in the night to go to the loo!
Now, I only have two, but I've noticed that as my friends get further into their 30s, they add more and more pillows to all the beds, including guest beds.

Why are we doing this? Are bed-cushion companies running some subliminal advertising campaign which is making us think this most pointless of household items is a must-have?? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not. I cannot see the point. I have cushions on the settee.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes they are very handy to put over your other half's face if they are snoring
  • Options
    jackie_Fletcherjackie_Fletcher Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have cushions too and take them off of a night. It makes the bed look pretty.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never heard of these 'til reading this thread so that's a no.
  • Options
    jackie_Fletcherjackie_Fletcher Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Never thought of that lol :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a large square cushion in the middle of the pillows - the bed is a superking and it looks odd without it because the bed is bigger than average but the pillows the same size as normal lol!

I too just throw it on the floor at bedtime though. It's a nuisance really!
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do :o

Although I actually put them in babies cot-bed as they brighten it up.

I still have to move them every night and put them back on every morning, they are pretty though!
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm supposed to but they have taken up a new form of life on the window seat in the bedroom,along with the throw. If they're very lucky I'll make them look tidy.Too much faff for me.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    I do not. I cannot see the point. I have cushions on the settee.

what kind of settee do you have
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got one I sometimes put behind me when I'm reading in bed. It lives mostly on the floor between the bed and the wall, (no one can see it).:o

All that 'little cushions' everywhere stuff is for mugs who watch too many home improvement programmes.

Or to impress visitors I suppose, that you're 'living the dream' or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I originally bought them to look pretty but I've found myself using them as extra pillows. I couldn't be without my cushions on the bed now.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did that, the judge wasn't amused.;)
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the Mrs has an obsession with the bloody things!
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I've got one I sometimes put behind me when I'm reading in bed. It lives mostly on the floor between the bed and the wall, (no one can see it).:o

All that 'little cushions' everywhere stuff is for mugs who watch too many home improvement programmes.

Or to impress visitors I suppose, that you're 'living the dream' or something.

I blame the anti-christs of interior design....people like Lawrence Llewllyn-Bowen.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have cushions on the bed?

No, I'm not allowed to hump the bedware any more... :(
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one pillow, a giant cushion and then a little cushion all sort of piled around each other to sleep on!
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cushions on the bed fall into the same 'interior design' category as those branch/twig things with lights on the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    I blame the anti-christs of interior design....people like Lawrence Llewllyn-Bowen.

He was certainly demonic and had a malign influence on the growth of 'lifestyle' stores, like Next, who push their brand of expensive conformist 'individuality' and manufactured 'taste'. Still, plenty fall for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    No, I hate clutter. I did get a cushion with a duvet cover set, but I keep it in a cupboard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    Cushions on the bed fall into the same 'interior design' category as those branch/twig things with lights on the end.

And the hanging basket painted hearts, and those 'home' wooden things.

Bleaaaurrrghhh.

(very grumpy this evening).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was certainly demonic and had a malign influence on the growth of 'lifestyle' stores, like Next, who push their brand of expensive conformist 'individuality'. Still, plenty fall for it.

And he used felt pens on walls to draw mock panelling :(
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep them on the beds in the guest rooms and only on mine if I have guests.

They're so annoying for daily use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rockville wrote: »
    And he used felt pens on walls to draw mock panelling :(

His devilish madness did amuse me:D
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we have a couple of cushions which must be carefully removed before I get in, why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon O wrote: »
    we have a couple of cushions which must be carefully removed before I get in, why?

Only Llewllyn demonBowen actually has an idea.

And it was a 'yah boo sucks' sort of joke, I'll wager.:D