Options

GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,050
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    So got myself online and had no problems and i joined you guys on the DS Crew :D

Got myself a little apartment nothing much but i feel alot safer having somewhere to hide out if i have a bounty placed on me :p

Is it easy to sell the Apartment? I tried looking on Dynasty but couldnt find a sell option ?

Im also up for the DS Crew hang out tonight :)

Just click on the new property you want to buy, the game will say you already own a property and asks you if you want to sell it to get the new place. I think you get about half the money you paid back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Managed to join up for a bit last night but didnt get much chance to join in. Was trying to sell some cars to make enough for a new garage. Managed to purchase a 6 car garage near the docks so can build up a decent car collection now. Still cant afford an appartment though so guess my character must be sleeping on the garage floor for now.

Did have something happen to me twice last night where all the cars and people disappeared. Felt a bit like Will Smith in I am legend (without the dog)!

Does anybody know the best way to join up a game with forum members? BlackSkyuk invited me to join a session but i had to log off and then wasnt sure how to join back in with it later.
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Fien wrote: »
    Managed to join up for a bit last night but didnt get much chance to join in. Was trying to sell some cars to make enough for a new garage. Managed to purchase a 6 car garage near the docks so can build up a decent car collection now. Still cant afford an appartment though so guess my character must be sleeping on the garage floor for now.

Did have something happen to me twice last night where all the cars and people disappeared. Felt a bit like Will Smith in I am legend (without the dog)!

Does anybody know the best way to join up a game with forum members? BlackSkyuk invited me to join a session but i had to log off and then wasnt sure how to join back in with it later.

More often than not, I end up alone on a map, no wonder their servers can't cope lol. There's an option to join crew members or friends. It's a bit hit and miss but at least it works occasionally, as it never used to.

Saw you last night but got killed and didn't realise it'd put passive mode on automatically, so was trying to find out how to turn it off while hiding lol.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rockstar say the first $250k deposit will be in our accounts this week.

That will do nicely...

Hit a million last night and I am now planning to buy a Super Car, probably the Entity XF but want a little bit extra in the bank before hand so I dont end up with no cash.

Also opened the Grenade launch up now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kania wrote: »
    More often than not, I end up alone on a map, no wonder their servers can't cope lol. There's an option to join crew members or friends. It's a bit hit and miss but at least it works occasionally, as it never used to.

Saw you last night but got killed and didn't realise it'd put passive mode on automatically, so was trying to find out how to turn it off while hiding lol.

Will try and use that from now on then. Be much better playing with people who just dont muck about all the time.

I havent actually used passive mode yet. Tend to just run off and hide while banking my cash through my phone.

Be glad to get that first £250k installment. Will all be going on an appartment with 10 car garage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    yesterday, I Found that I had gone back 2 lvls and that ALL the money I had spent had returned to my bank account, So assumed that I had lost my new apartment (upgraded from 6 car garage to most expensive one )and new cars to fill my new garage.. however when i looked on map still had apartment and checking garage cars where still there :D to it seems to have saved that apartment and cars but not me spending the money or a couple of lvls..... not that I mind ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just click on the new property you want to buy, the game will say you already own a property and asks you if you want to sell it to get the new place. I think you get about half the money you paid back.

Pfft, completely against how the housing market works, then!
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i cant even buy a good gun cos i gotta level up

jeez more missions just means its a single player lite game online.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,050
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i cant even buy a good gun cos i gotta level up

jeez more missions just means its a single player lite game online.

One of my biggest gripe against R* is that they say "there are 100's of missions in Online", but the truth is that is only once you max out you're leveling up. While you are grinding through the levels, you end up playing the same few missions over and over again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did that Cops Capacity mission last night solo, wow, found it a bit of a nightmare at first but got through it, on first attempt I got killed and respawned inside the prison where I couldn't get out or suicide. Had to wait for a helicopter to shoot me to bits.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the flashlight attachments for? It's never dark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's the flashlight attachments for? It's never dark.

Good point. There was a couple of times it came in handy during the story mode but cant see how it will be useful online.

Is the silencer really that useful either? You always show up as a dot on the map in freeplay. Im guessing that it can come in handy on deathmatches to avoid you getting seen by other players. Does it make a significant difference to damage?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cloud was down a fair bit of the weekend so if you modded your car then, that will be why you've lost the mods, rather than it being a problem with the actual game itself.

I wish I'd have known in advance, would have not bothered obviously.
    Is it stable now? Managed to get 50k now, so will pay for bullet proof tyres and maybe something else for now
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cloud was down a fair bit of the weekend so if you modded your car then, that will be why you've lost the mods, rather than it being a problem with the actual game itself.

The cloud was down? "You're fired internet"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just drove a sanchez across the entire map to my garage to be told I can't store it :/

Can we not store bikes? Didn't desperately want it, just wanted the option to personalise a bike and sanchez appears to be the one best at taking those short cuts across the map.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    Just drove a sanchez across the entire map to my garage to be told I can't store it :/

Can we not store bikes? Didn't desperately want it, just wanted the option to personalise a bike and sanchez appears to be the one best at taking those short cuts across the map.

You can definitely store bikes. I've seen people with the in their garage and you can also buy them from the website.

Maybe its just certain types which would be pretty rubish.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fien wrote: »
    You can definitely store bikes. I've seen people with the in their garage and you can also buy them from the website.

Maybe its just certain types which would be pretty rubish.

Was it chipped. Can you not store those vehicles? Haven't been on GTAO since a couple of weeks ago. Only at lvl 6.
  • Options
    2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member

The Sanchez used to cause the game to crash if you tried to modify it, so they removed the option.

If you have insurance for the Sanchez, it should appear in your garage when you're not using it, but no, you can't drive it in directly.

Something else for R* to fix :D
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crashed down my console twice already today.

Once during getting my character a haircut, and then on the map screen after a TDM. That is 4 times over the last 2 days.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed down my console twice already today.

Once during getting my character a haircut, and then on the map screen after a TDM. That is 4 times over the last 2 days.

Good to see GTA Online is improving :rolleyes:
  • Options
    KerangKerang Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else lost progress today? I went from 50 to 52, plus saved up a bit of money. Now gone back in game and I'm now back to 50 and lost all my money, so annoying. Same thing as over the weekend. Still got a car I picked up today but that's it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kerang wrote: »
    Has anyone else lost progress today? I went from 50 to 52, plus saved up a bit of money. Now gone back in game and I'm now back to 50 and lost all my money, so annoying. Same thing as over the weekend. Still got a car I picked up today but that's it.

Not so far. I hope this isn't the case I'm just saving up again.

How does prize money work on a race by the way?
    I've just done a race with 4 drivers, I finished first and won over 10k. I have done the same course before and finished 2nd with 16 racers and got no where near that.

Surely with less racers there's less money for grabs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the game is not losing data today, I just bought a Carbonizzare. I was going to buy a Super Car but with everything that has been happening with this game I thought it would be safer to buy a cheaper car first, I can afford to lose 200k.
    Not so far. I hope this isn't the case I'm just saving up again.

How does prize money work on a race by the way?
    I've just done a race with 4 drivers, I finished first and won over 10k. I have done the same course before and finished 2nd with 16 racers and got no where near that.

Surely with less racers there's less money for grabs?

I think the level of the host has a baring on how much money can be won in a race. (At least thats what I have read elsewhere).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One problem I did encounter this afternoon is I cant buy many hats again :confused:
  • Options
    KerangKerang Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I hope the game is not losing data today, I just bought a Carbonizzare. I was going to buy a Super Car but with everything that has been happening with this game I thought it would be safer to buy a cheaper car first, I can afford to lose 200k.

Cars that you buy are put in your garage are safe, maybe they are saved on a separate server.

I got back my money after waiting a couple hours but not my rank or my new hat or scope on my MG, pffft.