Options

Do broadcasters take any notice of opinions on Digital Spy?

Andrew1954Andrew1954 Posts: 5,448
Forum Member
Do broadcasters take any notice of opinions expressed on Digital Spy?

Comments

• Options
    RobinCarmodyRobinCarmody Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Short answer - no.

Even on the rare occasions when anything of reasonable sense is said here, the forum would still be considered far too unrepresentative.

(And yes I know that is a can of worms in itself - but it is the case, currently at least.)
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the threads created today and the BBC basketcase bashers how could any broadcaster ever take things seriously on here. :p Three locked threads already today.
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Short answer - no.

Even on the rare occasions when anything of reasonable sense is said here, the forum would still be considered far too unrepresentative.

(And yes I know that is a can of worms in itself - but it is the case, currently at least.)

Presumably this excludes Carl Waring's hospital radio opinions?
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital Spy got a mention on Radio 5's consumer spot - between 12.05 and 1pm (Martin Lewis) on Thursday.

Point was that firms will twitter people - and maybe facebook - but he say's they are missing out on customer opinion by ignoring discussion groups such as this.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,148
    Forum Member
    Andrew1954 wrote: »

Well some very highly place people within broadcasting have actually contributed to some threads about their programmes, without saying who they are.
  • Options
    Andrew1954Andrew1954 Posts: 5,448
    Forum Member
    You're sure of that are you?
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope not.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Well some very highly place people within broadcasting have actually contributed to some threads about their programmes, without saying who they are.

Really, and what proof of this have you got? ;)
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew1954 wrote: »

I hope not.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    The big F1 thread in the broadcasting forum has changed the shape of F1 broadcasting as we know it.

Ok, it hasn't, but occasionally suggestions posted there were at least considered before being dismissed out of hand ;)
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To ignore any website that has broadcasting as a central theme might be dumb/
    I think read the BBC (and others) have internet teams looking for keywords phrases in say Twitter especially for the praise/attack of a show.

Though I doubt the getting rid of football scores on BT rugby games was due to DS, it was I imagine one of many internet sites which would have shown BT it was an annoying idea.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all read it, but whether they take any notice is another matter!
  • Options
    D.PageD.Page Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to think so. However, there's so many posts sent on DS forums purely to point-score, and to try to get one over on someone else, that many would probably turn away.
  • Options
    DarthGoreDarthGore Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps a more pertinant question might be:

would DS posters really want to find out that Sky/BBC staff thought DS was full of idiots and they just ignore everything posted on here?

sometimes the truth is hurtful if you don't want the real answer.... :)
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can they when the vast majority are hiding behind a pseudonym
  • Options
    franchisefranchise Posts: 1,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's read and laughed at.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

I do know for a fact that is true in one case.

In general- do broadcasters take note of digital spy?

I hope not.

If so, George Allagiah will be presenting the 6 O'clock news in a onesie next week.

There are some real pillocks on Digital Spy.

A few make it worth sticking with.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only areas that broadcasters might take any note is in technical ones - on Freesat/Freeview forums for example, the main programme boards and this one are so full of raving "opinion" rather than factual user feedback they'd be crazy to take input on board.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the soap forum, we started calling Dev's children on Corrie, Asda and Aldi.

And a character called them by that on the show once, maybe it was us, doing that, what made that happen who knows
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do know for a fact that is true in one case.

In general- do broadcasters take note of digital spy?

I hope not.

If so, George Allagiah will be presenting the 6 O'clock news in a onesie next week.

There are some real pillocks on Digital Spy.

A few make it worth sticking with.

I thought it was Fiona Bruce in thigh boots and pvc catsuit next week...or is that the Antiques Roadshow new look?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe broadcasters, albeit some of the smaller broadcasters do take into account what is said on internet forums.
    Many years ago Digital Spy got an on screen mention on NASN and it was no secret that the channel owners did keep their eye on the thread dedicated to that channel.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,780
    Forum Member
    Presumably this excludes Carl Waring's hospital radio opinions?
    Any particular reason for your singling me out? :confused: Just wondered.

For the record, I think my opinions are as valid as anyone else's.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the soap forum, we started calling Dev's children on Corrie, Asda and Aldi.

And a character called them by that on the show once, maybe it was us, doing that, what made that happen who knows

Just explain why 'Asda' and 'Aldi'? I dont watch Corrie BTW!
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much doubt that they do take any notice of any opinions. If that was the case 8 out of 10 cats would be taken off air, Deal or No Deal would have finished a while back and Sarah Millican would not be on TV as much.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

I doubt very many of them even look at it.