Options

Is Hannah a one trick pony?

Comments

• Options
    Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i have'nt. Quite the opposite to be honest as she comes across as being a very pleasant young lady.

Agreed. I think she's the kind of person I would like as a friend.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member

Finally something we agree on. :cool:

She seems really sweet, funny and a bit of an airhead. We would be great friends. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally something we agree on. :cool:

She seems really sweet, funny and a bit of an airhead. We would be great friends. :cool:

Hmmmmm......

I'm not sure she'd like you though.... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmmmm......

I'm not sure she'd like you though.... ;)

Oh? Forgetting the fact that you don't even know me...I'd hardly think she'd like a provocateur nor someone who makes rude comments about people behind their backs. ;)
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the problem with Beautiful was the arrangement. Hannah had to compete with a very loud backing track which she didn't need. Someone should let the miusic arrangers at the X factor know that more is not necessarily better.

Or did they crank up the background because she was belting it out? Agreed though, either way it didn't respect the song and didn't do her any favours.
    Not sure how you can come to that conclusion. For a start we have only seen her sing a few times, and with the song choices she has been given we are hardly likely to see the best of her anyway. I would like to see her sing something from someone like Ella Fitzgerald, or Nina Simone, but she is not likely to have chance to do that on this show.

Giving her Beautiful gave her a chance to show more versatility and musical sensitivity and she just went the same route of shouting the song into submission. I'm not sure how that can be seen as anything other than being a one trick pony.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I wonder if anyone can point out an example where Hannah has been aggressive?

That's the thing I don't think people can exactly point out her being 'aggressive' other than her being very loud and in your face. It's patronising. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    That's the thing I don't think people can exactly point out her being 'aggressive' other than her being very loud and in your face. It's patronising. :o

I'm sorry Arun but I just don't agree. Patronising means talking down to someone or being condescending I hardly thinking talking loudly or being in your face constitutes as patronising? Again not reading into things as people would normally do, she just seems to be a bubbly person.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVz1EB1Mfjk Towards the end of the clip is Hannah being herself. If she were aggressive, the guy who said "shut up Hannah" would not have been in the live shows. :D:D:D
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry Arun but I just don't agree. Patronising means talking down to someone or being condescending I hardly thinking talking loudly or being in your face constitutes as patronising? Again not reading into things as people would normally do, she just seems to be a bubbly person.

It's alright, I like her personality. But I was talking to a few of my friends who are not used to seeing personalities like that so they would find it patronising. I guess it's subjective...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVz1EB1Mfjk Towards the end of the clip is Hannah being herself. If she were aggressive, the guy who said "shut up Hannah" would not have been in the live shows. :D:D:D

'I'd like to thank my gardener, my fish, my dog, my window cleaner'

She is hilarious :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh? Forgetting the fact that you don't even know me...I'd hardly think she'd like a provocateur nor someone who makes rude comments about people behind their backs. ;)

I think she'd get the joke. :p
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member

This is surely NOT April's fools day, is it????

Think im reading into some fm's comment rather too much now!!!!
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Spot on. Some people do make some very odd comments on here.

Beginning to find that out myself too!!! Comments that dont match what they initially stating, when they are starting certain threads, for instance!!!:confused::confused::rolleyes::eek:
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicole would probably defend her as "a million trick pony" or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think, compare her to Toni Braxton doing Unbreak My Heart, for instance. Toni starts out soft and gentle and rises and falls and changes from head voice to throat voice to chest voice to falsetto and goes all around wringing every drop of emotion out of that song before she gets into her impassioned crie de coeur in the later choruses.

Hannah, at the moment, seems to start where Toni ends and then stays at the same level through the whole song. Her voice is accomplished, no doubt. She stays in tune, she has a nice vocal sound, she breathes well, she puts her all into every performance, but she doesn't have the subtelty. That's what I mean when I say one trick. The trick is loud and impassioned and I think she can do a lot more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I meant my post as a joke. I like your posts and enjoy reading them, even if I don't always agree. probably should have put a :p rather than a ;). I often mess up the smilies. I'm sorry if my post hurt your feelings :cry: . It was not meant to. I thought it might make you laugh.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think, compare her to Toni Braxton doing Unbreak My Heart, for instance. Toni starts out soft and gentle and rises and falls and changes from head voice to throat voice to chest voice to falsetto and goes all around wringing every drop of emotion out of that song before she gets into her impassioned crie de coeur in the later choruses.

Hannah, at the moment, seems to start where Toni ends and then stays at the same level through the whole song. Her voice is accomplished, no doubt. She stays in tune, she has a nice vocal sound, she breathes well, she puts her all into every performance, but she doesn't have the subtelty. That's what I mean when I say one trick. The trick is loud and impassioned and I think she can do a lot more.

Well made points. She is only just starting out on what will hopefully be a good career for her. Obviously she still has a lot to jearn, as anyone of her age would need to, but she shows a lot of potential which is all it can be at the moment.
  • Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    I thought it might make you laugh.

It certainly made me laugh. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well made points. She is only just starting out on what will hopefully be a good career for her. Obviously she still has a lot to jearn, as anyone of her age would need to, but she shows a lot of potential which is all it can be at the moment.

Agreed. In my opinion this is why they should have told her "not this year" and given her some advice on what she needs to do to develop from good pub singer to potentially great stage performer.

Then next year she would have blown the house down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve Elle wrote: »
    It certainly made me laugh. :D

:o

Well I'll give that a quiet Yay! I'm glad someone got it. :D
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member

I cannot agree. Surly people bring you down and Hannah is surly, miserable and immature.

She isn't ready for this and why the judges can't see it is a mystery. They're giving her false hope and I find that cruel. To cry on the sing-off proved it to me, she started off with a sob story and the sobbing continues.

I, for one, hope that she goes next week. When she's learnt to sing without shouting and when she's grown up a bit, she can apply again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I cannot agree. Surly people bring you down and Hannah is surly, miserable and immature.

She isn't ready for this and why the judges can't see it is a mystery. They're giving her false hope and I find that cruel. To cry on the sing-off proved it to me, she started off with a sob story and the sobbing continues.

I, for one, hope that she goes next week. When she's learnt to sing without shouting and when she's grown up a bit, she can apply again.

I guess you dont appreciate good soul music then. To say that she is surly is just not true i am afraid.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you dont appreciate good soul music then. To say that she is surly is just not true i am afraid.

She really is exceptional but I don't think the public will get her...to me a proper soul diva in the making but I don't know if people will vote for Hannah. I was actually concerned about this before the live shows and hate to admit this but I do think Melanie (if she was in live shows) may get more votes (mainly regional) and could go further than Hannah in the competition. However, Hannah is there (and Melanie isn't) and I'm very happy about that indeed :)
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member

I love soul music, I just don't love Hannah. Maybe I will when she's grown up a bit but, at the moment, I do not. Surly she is and when she shows a little bit of gratitude for the chance that she's been given, I may give her a go but at the moment? Not a chance.

She needs to quit the crying, when she reaches maturity she just may regret the impression that she's given to the voting public. Their voice speaks volumes, let's hope she learns her lesson, even if it's the hard way. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    She really is exceptional but I don't think the public will get her...to me a proper soul diva in the making but I don't know if people will vote for Hannah. I was actually concerned about this before the live shows and hate to admit this but I do think Melanie (if she was in live shows) may get more votes (mainly regional) and could go further than Hannah in the competition. However, Hannah is there (and Melanie isn't) and I'm very happy about that indeed :)

After being in the bottom two last week which i was amazed at it will be interesting to see if she gets more support this week. I guess it will depend on what song choice she is given. I can still see her getting to the final 6 at least.