✭✭✭
    Tommy looked adorable in his pumpkin outfit
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,360
    Forum Member
    Very good
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I'm not entering a debate about how culpable in his death she was. :D

I was just refuting that she pushed him, she didn't and he'd have died had she called for help or not.

On the subject of whether she pushed him I completely agree with you. It always slightly winds me up when people insist she pushed him as she so clearly didn't.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    It was a decent episode. It had tension and the biggest amount of drama we've seen in a long time. But just like this entire storyline the pacing was awful. I just didn't believe in Michael's turn to out and out villainy, so as a result I just didn't feel any sense of a grand pay off in those final moments. Again, Janine and Michael scenes just displayed the wasted potential. I don't think this mess of a storyline was worth making one of the only viable long term characters they have left at their disposal a murderer, or making the character with the most untapped potential in years the victim.
  • Options
    judy08judy08 Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Very good
    Thank goodness that psychotic Michael is dead, never to return. Good on You Janine.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Average
    Alice stabbed Michael then Janine finished him off. So Charlie Brookes is off for good to the jungle. Will she be jailed or Alice and her try and tie up a story together.
  • Options
    Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    This was fantastic. A excellent episode.

Tommy looked nice as a pumpkin. :D And Alfie. :D

Great scenes between Alice, Michael and Janine. True words and so much chemistry. I will miss him.
    So Janine killed him, bit Alice thinks that she killed him. Intresting. Really intresting. That could be a great aftermath in the next days.
    But why needs the police so long ?

Great episode. One of the best in the last months.

Big THANK YOU for the great opening of the thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    She wasn't going to frame Michael for murder, but for attacking her.

Relatively minor compared to what Michael had planned.

Ok not murder but attacking her/attempted murder. I don't think sending someone down for years is 'minor'; and I'm not excusing Michael's actions here, I'm not in the court of people who believe Janine 'drove him' to doing what he did - MM knew exactly what he was doing. My point was that none of them had any high moral ground - and that just as it would heartless to deprive Scarlett a mother in the way MM had planned it would be also callous to try and get her father sent down. MM being a psychopathic b*stard doesn't really justify Janine lowering herself to that kind of behaviour either. I'd far more understand if Janine ran away with Scarlett and re-located in light of hearing about MM's plans, but then this is Janine we're talking about and she always serves up the dish of revenge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful
    i love michael, but he was asking for it last night. janine and alice can be justified personally, but michael, although i dont think its his fault i think his mums death has taken its toll on him, but he knew what he was doing and alice and janine were scared and i think most of last night was heat of the moment. x
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,526
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    I enjoyed the twists of the plot, the acting could have been better, but at first Janine was setting up Alice, then it turned out she was setting up Michael, then when Alice walked in I thought, well the girls set him up together and she is on Janines side, then she changed to Michael's side, then back to Janines! if only Alice hadn't been so dippy...

It was clever how you didn't know til the last minute whether it would be Alice or Janine who struck the fatal blow, maybe Janine will not set up Alice per se, but tell the Police that Alice struck the blow but to save Janine as Michael was strangling her and just grabbed the first thing she saw which was the knife, therefore getting them both off.

Janine definately didn't mean to kill him I don't think, she was wiping her hands when he got up and the knife was on the floor, i think she picked it up almost without realising she had the cloth in her hand, he tried to get the knife off her and almost walked onto the knife.. the fact she dropped the knife straight after in shock seems to back this up imo, she could still claim self defence, but who would believe her with her track record! So I think she will go with the "Alice stabbed him to protect us, he was insane" plea.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    Absolutely pathetic that two stupid episodes of Coronation Street filled with Anna Windass whining achieved higher viewers than an absolutely fantastic episode of EastEnders.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    I had that Michael had to leave. He was an amazing character.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fab episode!

At times it did feel like a mini stage play at Janine's house, Charlie, SJS and Jasymn were excellent but special mention to Charlie Brooks who is just sublime and is going to be missed.

I'd still of liked it to of been that Michael killed himself and that he framed Janine or Alice for his murder but the twist of Janine delivering the fatal stab was still very good. I've ran out of plaudits for SJS as Michael Moon,all I can say is Thankyou for creating such a wonderful character and it was worth watching the crapfest of Danny, Tyler, Eddie and Co just for Michael, it don't matter how long Alfie sticks around, MM is the best Moon EE will ever have!

I'd of liked no police involvement until Monday's episode, with the final scene being of Janine and Alice in the kitchen over Michael's dead body and then the camera zooming out to rain outside which would of given it a more stage effect but of course I realise EE isn't a stage play but a television soap.

Can't fault the episode really, however this week there has been still far to much filer, usually EE are good at creating big weeks of episodes but even up to Thursday night we had scenes of the football team which just didn't fit at all, thats something DTC will hopefully sort out and get back to creating 2 to 3 strong story strands across the week.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent
    Absolutely pathetic that two stupid episodes of Coronation Street filled with Anna Windass whining achieved higher viewers than an absolutely fantastic episode of EastEnders.

On this occasion - YES! However, if some EE viewers have 'jumped ship', it's due to EE's performance over the past year, I only tune in to watch Janine, once she's gone, I wont be hanging round, the rest of the characters are dull-as-dishwater... Unless The Carters step up to the plate...
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overrated episode Michael's death was so cringeworthy least he toned down his acting didn't shout as much

Only good thing about last night's episode was Alice's boobs rest was dull as ditchwater must do better.
  • Options
    Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Average
    Generally rather average but I did like the little twist at the end and it'll be interesting to see Janine manipulate and blackmail Alice.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,232
    Forum Member
    Poor
    Michael was like a dog with fever with the way he started to pant like while hilariously trying to stangle Janine again! He could have impersonated Frank saying JANINE whille he was doing it! :D

If Michael was really clever and quick, he would have spun Janine round and let her get it instead! :D

Seriously though, I don't think they should have done the stab scenes. You could hear the "noise" of the stab when Alice done it and that was quite disturbing and while I think most people would find that disturbing too and not be influenced by it, I am worried about the tiny minority of people that there always are who are influenced by such things!

I cannot recall EE doing such a blatant stabbing scene before. Eddie Royal's murder was not shown, just Clyde Travernier discovering his body while looking shocked was and when Dennis Rickman got killed, that too wasn't blatant, probably a bit more of a realistic one too in some sense.
  • Options
    BananaFeetBananaFeet Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Overrated episode Michael's death was so cringeworthy least he toned down his acting didn't shout as much

Only good thing about last night's episode was Alice's boobs rest was dull as ditchwater must do better.

Full stops. Use them.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Average

That's what happens when the show is crap 95% of the time.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    That's what happens when the show is crap 95% of the time.

Exactly.

If EE wants to compete with corrie ratings wise storylines need to be interesting not dull and filler.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Average
    Totally underwhelming and contrived. And now we've got to suffer the fallout from this storyline over the next few months:mad:
  • Options
    BananaFeetBananaFeet Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Totally underwhelming and contrived. And now we've got to suffer the fallout from this storyline over the next few months:mad:

Alice is due to leave very soon, so no you won't need to suffer anything.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,526
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    mr muggles wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that the clips of the fight in R&R twixt Janine/Stacey & Kat show a slightly extended version of the fight than the truncated version that made the final cut.

Yes it was, that's why I said montage :D it was a mixture of several scenes from different times and you may be right about it featuring a slightly extended version of their fight, but it was still the girls beating the crap out of each other and arguing..

It was supposed to show how common and chavy eastenders is, but that's why we watch it ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful
    I hate how they have deaths on Friday so we have the weekend to wait!
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent
    Are we ready for the blood red total eclipse of the Moon :

Thanikk you for the thread :
    No probs krusty. :)
    dan2008 wrote: »

Now EastEnders can finally get back on track. DTC work starts to kick in next week and then spoilers for mid November are looking much better.
    Still no sign of DTC being credited although the next few weeks don't look too bad.
    Lion_60 wrote: »
    This was fantastic. A excellent episode.

Tommy looked nice as a pumpkin. : And Alfie. :

Great scenes between Alice, Michael and Janine. True words and so much chemistry. I will miss him.
    So Janine killed him, bit Alice thinks that she killed him. Intresting. Really intresting. That could be a great aftermath in the next days.
    But why needs the police so long ?

Great episode. One of the best in the last months.

Big THANK YOU for the great opening of the thread.
    Glad you liked Lion, thanks. :)
    Yeah but it was its highest Friday rating since Tanya's exit in June.
    graciemay6 wrote: »
    I hate how they have deaths on Friday so we have the weekend to wait!
    Thought you didn't enjoy the episode. :p

Epic, excellent episode IMO.

I haven't been so gripped since the shagger reveal last December, I was literally on the edge of my seat.

Charlie & SJS were brilliant. Loved how they built the tension up, took ages for Janine to appear.

Brilliantly atmospheric and I loved the way it featured other characters in a background capacity, adds some authenticity.

Jasmyn was ok, I don't really rate her and I won't miss Alice's creepy scenes with Michael. That Slater house has rubbed off on her, Zoe and Little Mo have found themselves in similar situations. I hope Kat plays a big role in the aftermath, she's been like a mother to her since Derek's death. (as if there weren't enough similarities to Den's murder)

So Janine finally bumps off her hubby or did she? It was self defence but I do hope we find out which stab proved fatal. Looking forward to the aftermath.

Surprised to see Julia's name on the credits, she hasn't written many episodes these past few years but that could've passed as an Ashdown episode and it's nice to see other writers being given the 'big' episodes. Didn't she write the teen in the woods eps? :D

9/10 *I think I'll watch that episode again*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful
    I didn't aha just mean as in we've got to wait the weekend for eastenders to redeem itself ;)