Options

***SPOILER THREAD*** Saturday 2nd November!

Comments

• Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    If an elderly BBC watching,voting audience, which is what I suspect Strictly has, actually gets up in the mornings, I think Susanna should do well. Chris wins from the same base. Natalie is short on charisma compared to a Kara or Alesha, and I have a doubt how much the fanbase crosses channels from ITV to BBC. Natalie also has no journey story at all, and she risks being over hyped by the judges. She has to overcome those hoops to get into the running. Someone also has to produce a dance thats actually worth a 39 or 40 , on a more serious scale than the judges have used for the last couple of series, if they are going to win on wow factor.

Even without that though there's a real question what happens in a two females versus one male final. Its quite possible to have both girls competing for the same voters and the male sneaking through. It been done, but it may not be doable these days. Series two and series 7 had two females in the final but there 7 only had two left for the final voting stage, and series 2 had a terribly weak male compared to the two females.

There does seem to be some strange voting going on...

but the BBC bias is an odd one, because BBC2 stalwart Debra Meedham went out last week, although I do wonder if that might have been because she doesn't exactly play a very sympathetic character in the Dragons den....

I cant really explain why Susanna and Dave seem to be doing so well, when they aren't for me the best dancers....I thought Dave's dance tonight was a joke, and Susanna looked so ungainly...with her legs all over the place.

both last week and this week, the people in the bottom 2, have nothing really to do with how well they danced,,,it all seems to be more about their popularity and who is voting.....which is a shame...As it makes it almost farcical....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Can't quite believe what i'm reading Abbey & Rachel in the dance off :O has the world gone mad?

rather incredulous that the judges gave them such high praise too, could it be a public revolt? Rachel is rather awkward and didn't think much to her dance ,disappointed if im honest but Abbies barring a few lets downs was rather good.....

I know its entertainment and all that but REALLY?

going to bed shocked !
    thanks for the result :S
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 6 was the week Kimberley was in the dance-off, Abbey will be fine next week.
  • Options
    Chelle21Chelle21 Posts: 3,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sambadan wrote: »
    I am not shocked by tonights result far from it.
    Comedy voting, sympathy voting, leaderboard reversal voting, hunk voting, personality voting.
    Seen it all before. In years gone by I would have totally lost my rag with it. Now I just laugh at the sheer daftness of it all. Unfair result? Yep. Am I unduly upset? Not really, I half expected this sort of outcome really. The holy grail is when people vote on the dancing.
    Heaven forbid that ever happens. I might have to take it seriously then.

I wish I could be as detached from all the emotions like you! I've watched many Strictly series, and whilst year on year eliminations have followed this pattern, year on year I still have a few faves and get really upset when any of them leave earlier than they should!

I never learn! :o
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the results.
    Still :mad: and Sad :( at this result :(.
    Both of them didnt deserve to be there imo but there you go......

Surely this diminishes Abbey chances to get to the finale :(? I know she wont win but damm it I wanted to see her at least to the finale :(
  • Options
    jinx2jinx2 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Deary deary me the same old argument EVERY single series - people saying it is a "dance" competition and the comedy act should go early on!!!!!
    It is ACTUALLY light entertainment and without the comedic / bit hopeless element and just GOOD dancers the ratings would fall dramatically - why we used to have a purely DANCE show in the original Come Dancing yet people turned off and it was scrapped. It is high time people stopped getting aerated over this and accept it is family entertainment

I rang the BBC and they stated Strictly is an entertainment show that is why they ask for people to vote for their favourite dancer, if it was a dance competition then there would be no public vote!

p.s. Thank you for the spoiler. :)
  • Options
    sanwinsanwin Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    It'll never change until they invite people to vote for the best dancer and not 'vote for your favourite'
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm happy with this result, even though I liked Rachel, she wasn't versatile enough to stay in much longer, and I'm not keen on Abbey either.

I'm SO delighted Sophie wasn't in the bottom two. I thought Fiona would be a certainty, but am so glad she wasn't in it as I do like her and, stylistically, her dance was magnificent.

When will Dave go!?
  • Options
    GibsonAndyGibsonAndy Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    So, Rachel & Abbey in bottom 2 with Rachel going?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting result in terms of working out popularity. Here's the possible placements:

Natalie - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Abbey - 10th 11th
    Patrick - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Susanna - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Ashley - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Ben - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    Rachel - 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th
    Fiona - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    Sophie - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    Mark - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
    Dave - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th

So we know that Abbey had to have come last. Technically, Rachel may have been last, but it's unlikely since she was not in the bottom two of the public vote last week.

We can't tell if Patrick had a bottom two bounce, because he was so high up the leaderboard - we just know he outpolled Abbey, which he may have done last week as well.

Fiona and Sophie look to have a reasonably substantial public vote.

Mark and Dave look strong at this point in the voting.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    When will Dave go!?

Next week is last elimination before Blackpool and he's already said his goal is to make it there. If they really play that up on ITT and in the VTs throughout next week, then as with Russell Grant and Richard Arnold getting to Blackpool/Wembley I think they may leave it at that. If so, expect it to be at the expense of Fiona or Mark.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sanwin wrote: »
    It'll never change until they invite people to vote for the best dancer and not 'vote for your favourite'

That wouldn't make one jot of difference because people have very different views on the 'dancing', & their own personal views about the celeb ALWAYS play a part. Are you really saying that you would pay money to vote for someone you didn't particularly like because they danced better than someone you did like according to the judges.
  • Options
    doololsdoolols Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    sanwin wrote: »

Which is exactly why the clumsy Hairy Biker is still there. He's not funny, he can't dance, but people seem to like him. It is how it is. As soon as you allow stupid people (i.e. the Great British Public) to take part in deciding who wins (or, more precisely, who won't win), there will be nonsense like this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    Next week is last elimination before Blackpool and he's already said his goal is to make it there. If they really play that up on ITT and in the VTs throughout next week, then as with Russell Grant and Richard Arnold getting to Wembley I think they may leave it at that. If so, expect it to be at the expense of Fiona or Mark.

I expect it to be at the expense of Patrick to be honest. Mark and Fiona's votes seem robust.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might be in a minority here but to me dances with more dance content are more entertaining than the ones with too much "acting".

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deary deary me the same old argument EVERY single series - people saying it is a "dance" competition and the comedy act should go early on!!!!!
    It is ACTUALLY light entertainment and without the comedic / bit hopeless element and just GOOD dancers the ratings would fall dramatically - why we used to have a purely DANCE show in the original Come Dancing yet people turned off and it was scrapped. It is high time people stopped getting aerated over this and accept it is family entertainment
    Paace wrote: »
    After 49 yrs.

I am sure that if one of the other channels thought that they could get good audience figures with a traditional dance programme on the lines of Come Dancing then they would have put one on.
  • Options
    GibsonAndyGibsonAndy Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Please use spoiler tags. ;)

It's a spoiler thread, there's no need for them, it's not like we're going to not talk about who's out afterwards.
  • Options
    VesperVentVesperVent Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I do think that it was a one-off, Abbie being in the dance-off. It happened to Kimberley last year, and made the finale. :)
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit worried about Fiona's popularity !!
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those Abbey fans should relax a little bit. I think it will help her in the long run and will show viewers not to forget about voting for her in future weeks. Every year we have the same 'outrage' with someone being in the bottom two, it isn't anything new...
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Interesting result in terms of working out popularity. Here's the possible placements:

Natalie - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Abbey - 10th 11th
    Patrick - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Susanna - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Ashley - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
    Ben - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
    Rachel - 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th
    Fiona - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    Sophie - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    Mark - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
    Dave - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th

So we know that Abbey had to have come last. Technically, Rachel may have been last, but it's unlikely since she was not in the bottom two of the public vote last week.

We can't tell if Patrick had a bottom two bounce, because he was so high up the leaderboard - we just know he outpolled Abbey, which he may have done last week as well.

Fiona and Sophie look to have a reasonably substantial public vote.

Mark and Dave look strong at this point in the voting.

If I were to guess, I would go for:

1 Susanna & Kevin (10 + 11 = 21)
    2 Sophie & Brendan (6 + 10 = 16)
    3 Dave & Karen (4 + 9 = 13)
    4 Ben & Kristina (8 + 8 = 16)
    5 Natalie & Artem (11 + 7 = 18)
    6 Mark & Iveta (5 + 6 = 11)
    7 Fiona & Anton (6 + 5 = 11)
    8 Ashley & Ola (9 + 4 = 13)
    9 Patrick & Anya (10 + 3 = 13)
    10 Rachel & Pasha (7 + 2 = 9)
    11 Abbey & Aljaz (10 + 1 = 11)

Probably completely wrong though :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit worried about Fiona's popularity !!

Anton also has his own cult following!
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonAndy wrote: »
    So, Rachel & Abbey in bottom 2 with Rachel going?

Yep :)
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a great fan of Abbey, but no way should she be in the bottom two. Rachel shouldn't have been in the bottom two either and not gone. Unfortunately it is not a dance competition as we are constantly reminded to vote for our favourite.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Something tells me that Dave and Karen will find themselves on the dance off next week ....:rolleyes: