Options

Sorry Rachel has left

JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,143
Forum Member
✭✭
She didn't deserve it. Wasnt good last week but this week was her best week. Notice this seems to happen a lot when a person improves.:confused:

Comments

• Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    She had nowhere else to go. She couldn't improve any more. That dance was almost all in hold. She went out on a high which is good because she seems lovely.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    She was an average sort of dancer but seemed like a lovely, down-to-earth person.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry she's left too, but glad she went out on a high - she said she'd loved this week's show.

I wasn't expecting to like her but she came across as a really sunny, fun personality.
  • Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was a difficult show, for sure. I'm not sure how much further Rachel would have gone - she has difficult with turning, spotting and balance, which have not improved since she's been in the show, but that said, there are some who are worse dancers than Rachel and if we're being fair, they should have been voted off first.

The trouble is, the voting public aren't voting for the dancing. They want to be entertained and that's how they vote. The producers would have to change the nature of the show, and the voting system, to get back to the dancing. I do wonder how much the voters know about dancing, or care ?
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too. :cry:
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel and Deborah have gone too early, I can only assume tactile voting people not voting for people they think are safe and voting for the ones that are in danger.

Dave is past his sell by date.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,077
    Forum Member
    I thought she was really lovely when talking at the end to Tess. Very gracious in defeat.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Rachel and Deborah have gone too early, I can only assume tactile voting people not voting for people they think are safe and voting for the ones that are in danger.

Tactile means someone who likes to touch other people. I presume you mean tactical?
  • Options
    Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also sorry that she has gone. Two weeks running two good couples have been in the dance off. Maybe we would get a fairer result (based on dancing skill) if the result was entirely in the judges' hands rather than the public's favourite personalities..
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    sorry to see rachel leave, but of the two - neither of whom should have been in the dance off - she was the right one to go. she seems like a really lovely person and her last dance with pasha was her best.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Tactile means someone who likes to touch other people. I presume you mean tactical?

Maybe a freudian slip? :D
  • Options
    differentdrumdifferentdrum Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't have been in the bottom two but once there she accepted the inevitable very well and performed a decent routine. This week she was better than (and in some cases by a considerable margin) Dave, Ben, Sophie, Mark, Fiona and Susanna but unfortunately several of those were massively overmarked. Shame.
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Rachael has left, lovely girl and by far better than both Mark or Dave. She might not have improved much more but she should certainly have outlasted those two, along with Abbey the final two was a joke thanks to idiotic voting by the viewers, Craig was right they need to start judging a bit more on content. Dave especially must be feeling a bit embarrassed at least John Sargeant did, Dave really has to go next hes not improved one iota from week 1.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    I'm sorry she's left too, but glad she went out on a high - she said she'd loved this week's show.

Totally agree
  • Options
    ticketyboo10ticketyboo10 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I thought she was really lovely when talking at the end to Tess. Very gracious in defeat.
    I agree..and she was really showng signs of improvement..she may even have had 2-3 more dances left in her..I think her tango would have been very good.
    What a pity she and Deborah went to early..but so glad that she clearly enjoyed the experience.
  • Options
    Bouzouki BoyBouzouki Boy Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, that's two weeks in a row the judges have been faced with an almost impossible decision. Well done GBP.

For what it is worth, I think Rachel did improve and would have got better but not enough to be a final contender, but hey, what do I know, diddly squat apparently.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what's up with the Great British Viewing Public, but to put Abby and Rachel in the bottom two and let rubbish dancers Dave and Fiona through is just a joke. What's wrong with everybody? Abby is a beautiful, graceful, ethereal dancer, Rachel has improved week by week - she was pretty damned good this week. I'm sick of the GBVP voting for people just because they either feel sorry for them or want to mess up the figures. I felt really sad for Rachel, she's worked really hard and deserved better.
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very disappointed to see her go and would much rather have seen Dave, Mark, Fiona and Ben leave before her.

She does seem lovely though and was most gracious and dignified in her exit.
  • Options
    jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »

people like Susaaannnnaahh.

just watch her in the Toss Pit or with Claudia. she is always grabbing someone. ( usually the cameras attention if she can get it ..:rolleyes: )

Sooo gutted for Rachel, she really is a great sport and doesnt deserve to feel this unpopular when worse personalities are still in.

( its not really about the dancing ya ken )
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 31,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »

Yes, a shame as she did much better. Whatever the reason, it certainly wasn't helped by the dire music and singer, who sounded more like he was gargling a throat infection! When the music is just plain irritating, no-one's feeling entertained, so aren't going to be bothered to pick up the phone. In fact thinking about it she was never given a catchy, or popular song choice to help her along.
  • Options
    jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheikaman wrote: »
    I don't know what's up with the Great British Viewing Public, but to put Abby and Rachel in the bottom two and let rubbish dancers Dave and Fiona through is just a joke. What's wrong with everybody? Abby is a beautiful, graceful, ethereal dancer, Rachel has improved week by week - she was pretty damned good this week. I'm sick of the GBVP voting for people just because they either feel sorry for them or want to mess up the figures. I felt really sad for Rachel, she's worked really hard and deserved better.

How far are we into the new millenium of phone vote TV?

and still everyone believes that your vote counts ?

Maybe Its the director / producer who dictate the results ... ( allegedly or maybe not who knows ).

if you dont believe me .then please please .phone my premium rate number now to disagree...

0891 2245x3 ( dont its not a number )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't have been in the bottom two but once there she accepted the inevitable very well and performed a decent routine. This week she was better than (and in some cases by a considerable margin) Dave, Ben, Sophie, Mark, Fiona and Susanna but unfortunately several of those were massively overmarked. Shame.
    Her big lift in the routine was even better in the dance off..well done rachel.. and her dance was so much better than Sophies, Fionas..and of course better than Dave and Marks..but she did go out on a massive high..well done!!
    PS The massive overmarking of Sohie is ridiculous..I do like her but since her Charleston..she hasnt really delivered.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Fiona is living on borrowed time.She is as bad as Rachel but older.
  • Options
    Bouzouki BoyBouzouki Boy Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far are we into the new millenium of phone vote TV?

and still everyone believes that your vote counts ?

Maybe Its the director / producer who dictate the results ... ( allegedly or maybe not who knows ).

if you dont believe me .then please please .phone my premium rate number now to disagree...

0891 224553

Tried to, but it was engaged. I guess you are being bombarded with calls. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, a shame as she did much better. Whatever the reason, it certainly wasn't helped by the dire music and singer, who sounded more like he was gargling a throat infection! When the music is just plain irritating, no-one's feeling entertained, so aren't going to be bothered to pick up the phone. In fact thinking about it she was never given a catchy, or popular song choice to help her along.

absolutely right about the music..iits been awful..I fund out also that the pros have very little input into the music they are given..so dont rush to judgment in blaming them ..some of the somgs have been a nightmare to choreograph..Rachels Johnny got a boom boom??? I mean come on..that was way to fast..good on her AS A NON DANCER doing as well as she did.