intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
Forum Member
Debatable, but still great! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv8-F4ruMbY

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Watched it all unfold live at the time...but for old time sake I might re-watch the YT clip this evening....Cracking episode and for those who have't already seen it, well worth a watch...I can still recall the camera zooming in on Kitten and Co's graffiti on the Diary room door as the end credits rolled..."No more War" if I'am not mistaken
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a cracking epi - probably the best ever :cool:

Deffo real 'edge of your seat' stuff :D
  • Options
    RobRob Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still laugh at Stuart helpfully screaming "WHO ARE YOU?" into Victor's ear. :D
  • Options
    Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it all unfold live at the time...but for old time sake I might re-watch the YT clip this evening....Cracking episode and for those who have't already seen it, well worth a watch...I can still recall the camera zooming in on Kitten and Co's graffiti on the Diary room door as the end credits rolled..."No more War" if I'am not mistaken

I remember watching it all unfold live too, eventfully night it was :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: What a bitchy house it was at that time. Every corner of the house seemed to have someone bitching about someone else in the runup to the fight.

Makes you realize what a charmed life Stuart led. He was somehow allowed to sit with the jungle cats while they seethed with incandescent rage, then get up and start smooching Michelle, without either side finding it odd.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,498
    Forum Member
    :eek: What a bitchy house it was at that time. Every corner of the house seemed to have someone bitching about someone else in the runup to the fight.

Makes you realize what a charmed life Stuart led. He was somehow allowed to sit with the jungle cats while they seethed with incandescent rage, then get up and start smooching Michelle, without either side finding it odd.

Charmed life, smooching Michelle? Loved her to bits but sometimes it was like watching a leopard dragging a gazelle carcass up a tree. :D
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Hoped this was Cidergate :(

Still a great episode, though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charmed life, smooching Michelle? Loved her to bits but sometimes it was like watching a leopard dragging a gazelle carcass up a tree. :D

She was a bit forceful. :D "Did you miss me? Did you really miss me? Loads and loads? Really loads and loads? Do you promise?"

But I just meant the way the jungle cats could sit with him in a towering rage that Michelle was back in the house, then one second later he was on his feet and kissing her, and no one seemed to think he was being a bit compromised in his honesty. In fact he seemed to float to the final on a cloud of universal approval just by being very good looking and never taking a stand.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He called me fick! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He called me fick! :(

Like Jade Goodier!
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Spitgate was more entertaining/better drama.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    I rewatched that recently and cringed at how badly the guys came off in that clip, the level of aggression they instigated against females was awful :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    I rewatched that recently and cringed at how badly the guys came off in that clip, the level of aggression they instigated against females was awful :(

I do think Victor and Jason came over very sourly here. Compare with the polite reception Charley got in BB8 when she came back after the fake eviction; no one could possibly have been pleased to see her, but they received her with mild congratulations.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,498
    Forum Member
    I do think Victor and Jason came over very sourly here. Compare with the polite reception Charley got in BB8 when she came back after the fake eviction; no one could possibly have been pleased to see her, but they received her with mild congratulations.

Chanelle? :D
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that happened today, its funny that Nadia, Victor and Jason would all have also been kicked out alongside Emma, with Marco and Stuart potential collateral damage. It would be interesting to see how they'd deal with that kind of situation today (although it would never go that far).
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    If that happened today, its funny that Nadia, Victor and Jason would all have also been kicked out alongside Emma, with Marco and Stuart potential collateral damage. It would be interesting to see how they'd deal with that kind of situation today (although it would never go that far).

Every year when HMs are sent to a (not so) secret room BB hopes that things will really kick but 9 times out of 10 nothing much really happens. Two prime examples being when Jay and Anton returned from The Crypt and when Dexter and Gina returned from the Safe House. However as you say BB would never let another situation as bad as Fight Night happen again
  • Options
    Quantum CatQuantum Cat Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've talked about this at length before on here, but what you saw on the highlights episode was NOT representative of everything that happened that night. Some siginificant events were omitted. Frankly, I think the HL show was a bit of an unfair stich up for Victor and Jason.

Also you have to see the fight in context - Vic and Jay had been mercilessly, relentlessly goaded and provoked all night long and for the most part they kept their cool. Ultimately they just reached the end of their tether - everyone has a breaking point.

Not that I'm excusing the JC's behaviour - just that they seemed to bear an unfair proportion of the blame and flak. At least five housemates were to blame for the events of that night, as were Big Brother/the producers for engineering the whole thing
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    Not that I'm excusing the JC's behaviour - just that they seemed to bear an unfair proportion of the blame and flak. At least five housemates were to blame for the events of that night, as were Big Brother/the producers for engineering the whole thing

I do not doubt for one minute that Jay and Victor had their reasons for being angry and that the others were goading them however if you see the level of aggression in the faces of those two lads it was beyond warranted. Had that been my daughter on the recieing end I would likely had called the police and there have been much milder incidents seen since that have seen HM's thrown out.
    I have discussed this with Victor on here in the past and he said that in his eyes a woman shouldn't have a go at a male if she doesn't want him to retaliate, I believe this attitude came from his experiences with his own siblings (though I can't quote that exactly) but I just find it unbelievable that of the people involved that night Emma was the ONLY HM thrown out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    II just find it unbelievable that of the people involved that night Emma was the ONLY HM thrown out.

I don't think they really intended to throw Emma out either. They TOOK her out, then seemed to think it might just cause more trouble if they put her back.

It is interesting that Nick was thrown out for what seems to us hardly anything and people in BB5 were not thrown out in spite of chucking serving dishes at someone's head.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've talked about this at length before on here, but what you saw on the highlights episode was NOT representative of everything that happened that night. Some siginificant events were omitted. Frankly, I think the HL show was a bit of an unfair stich up for Victor and Jason.

Also you have to see the fight in context - Vic and Jay had been mercilessly, relentlessly goaded and provoked all night long and for the most part they kept their cool. Ultimately they just reached the end of their tether - everyone has a breaking point.

Pretty much spot on.
  • Options
    PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I'd forgot just how awful Emma really was! She was spoiling for a fight that night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not doubt for one minute that Jay and Victor had their reasons for being angry and that the others were goading them however if you see the level of aggression in the faces of those two lads it was beyond warranted. Had that been my daughter on the recieing end I would likely had called the police and there have been much milder incidents seen since that have seen HM's thrown out.

the level of aggression shown by both Emma and Nadia was also unnacceptable - because they're women is that supposed to make it more acceptable? Should they get off more lightly?

Emma was demented - she was like a woman possessed - the rage she displayed toward Victor was downright frightning and completely unwarrented. She instigated it all - she started the physical altercations by roughly pushing Vic, she threw the first tray at his head, she spat in his face, she started using racial language, and even as the others were desperately trying to drag Vic into the Diary Room she continued to bait him and antagonise him. She was hell bent on getting a fight and eventually she got one.

Nadia whacked Jason in the face in the bathroom (that wasn't shown) - that's worse than anything he did on the night. He only threatened violence, she perpetrated it.

but I just find it unbelievable that of the people involved that night Emma was the ONLY HM thrown out.

back then this was an unprecedented event - if it happened today then it's likely others would have been ejected. But they didn't throw Emma out immediately, they took three whole days of deliberation and eventually decided it was just too risky to return her.

Ejecting Vic, Jason, Nadia and Marco as well would have killed the series stone dead, and IMO wasn't necessary anyway. The next day they all made up with each other and apologised. They all showed regret. Several received a formal warning which was fair enough. It was an ugly incident that got completely out of hand, but these things happen. In hindsight BB should have sent security in way sooner

Maybe it seems like Emma was made a scapegoat, but ultimately she was removed for her own good more than anything. She couldn't control herself. In hindsight I don't think she should have been selected for the show in the first place because she had some deep-rooted issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here's a vid of footage that shows a little more than the HL show, although still nowhere near everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2iFHPYtWl0

notice where Emma says ' you're a joker acting like some kind of black man'.... WTF? Totally unnecessary and irrelevant.

and this of Emma spitting in Vic's face:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xeulwn_bb5-fight-night-uncensored-emma-spi_shortfilms
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can't tell. I like the bit where Dan picks up her wriggling body and carries it out of the room. But it is quite remarkable that BB allowed it to get this far without intervening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at 0:34 it looks like she spits at him.

In any case, Victor has confirmed that she did it