Options

GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The online way awful last night, lots of lag and the headsets kept cutting out, long load times for mission and hanging on the mission end screen :(
    The Sheriff suv appears in Blaine County on 4 stars. Can even be customised.

The others are exploits, not hacks.

Although I don't want to actually do this I still don't understand how it works. I have seen how to get the helicopters into the garage but still have no idea how people found the snow covered vehicles to do this with. The video I saw with the helicopters required the person to have the helicopter.

I am just curious to know how this works.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,050
    Forum Member
    Yeah, lots of lag last night - I assume that was the gift that the latest update gave us.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,288
    Forum Member
    They've started dropping the money into our accounts. Everyone should have it within 2 days.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51726/the-gta-online-stimulus-package-direct-deposit.html
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, lots of lag last night - I assume that was the gift that the latest update gave us.

It was the same again tonight.For me it was a nightmare if i wanted to change the session i was in.It would come up saying loading with the spinning circle & it would stay like that for some time.Ended up going back to the xbox dashboard & restarting the game.
  • Options
    Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wish I had more friends on PS3 who played this...only have 2 or 3 I can rely on for games on there now and then... and the DS crew hasn't really hit off like I hoped.

Much better game when with people you know/crews
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought my first apartment with some of the Stimulus Package money, so I thought I'd rob a nearby store to celebrate.
    Instant two-star wanted level of course, so I thought I'd better go hide in my new digs. When I get there, a message
    pops up to say I can't access my apartment while I have a wanted level! WTF?!? What kind of bulls**t is this?!?
    :eek:

What happened to using your apartment as a safehouse to hide from the local bacon like you could in GTA IV?
    :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DJGM wrote: »
    I bought my first apartment with some of the Stimulus Package money, so I thought I'd rob a nearby store to celebrate.
    Instant two-star wanted level of course, so I thought I'd better go hide in my new digs. When I get there, a message
    pops up to say I can't access my apartment while I have a wanted level! WTF?!? What kind of bulls**t is this?!?
    :eek:

What happened to using your apartment as a safehouse to hide from the local bacon like you could in GTA IV?
    :mad:

Because you haven't broken the line of sight with the cops.

When you are observed/reported by the public committing a crime the mini map flashes red/blue to let you know you are in trouble and that the cops are on their way (same with the stars in the corner) - but until the map goes back to normal mode you cannot enter stores or your apartment.

Once you break line of sight you can go hide in your garage or apartment until the stars wear off and the cop stop searching for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently online just now & the $500,000 was waiting for me.Time to buy a nice apartment.

Any suggestions on location?
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I'm rocking 3 Alta St Apartment 57, it's one of the cheaper high class apartments you can buy but has a great view of the freeway and the bridge over the docks which looks great at night to me.
  • Options
    BlackSkyukBlackSkyuk Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Just got on to see I got my $500,000 now have a balance of $972,595. Have you lot seen one of the Heist location yet? Its close to the Tattoo Parlor on "Strawberry Ave".
  • Options
    Lord KramLord Kram Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Was having issues with a few jobs last night, on a Survival I was lagging horribly, with 2 other ppl I could not see any blips on radar, although I could shoot people I could not do anything until my team died and I was the last person!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night was a joke regarding the lagging issues.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I'm rocking 3 Alta St Apartment 57, it's one of the cheaper high class apartments you can buy but has a great view of the freeway and the bridge over the docks which looks great at night to me.

I have got this one as well. It has a great location IMHO, its near the gun shop with range, close to the helicopter tours place, a straight run to a spray shop and has the added bonus of having a underground car park which you can often get the police into searcher mode by heading down the ramp and out of sight to quickly nip into your garage and hide.

The only downer is the view, while you can see the bridge over the docks, the boat slips, the pier and a nice ocean view, the main thing you will see when looking out the windows are a highway and a couple of construction sites.

Plus at the price this place is you can buy it and a nice car for around the same price as the most expensive apartment which is in a poor location IMHO.

I didnt really notice too much lag last night, it was much better than the night before for us.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was playing last night and it was smooth as silk for a change

lobbies were always full , only disconnected from my crew once all night , mics weren't going all crackly/off

also got 750,001 $ from rockstar
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had mine, spent 300k on upgrading my car/bike/guns. Not sure what to do with the rest yet. Think I'll save up for an entity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Managed to save up enought to buy an appartment so I've got the $500k to splash out with. I think im gonna buy an Examplar, for the Coupe races, and a Vacca, just so I can have my own supercar. It's not the best but im never gonna be bothered to save enough up for an Entity or Adder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    well tonight should be lag free on the PS3 at least...thanks to the PSN maintenance lasting 11hrs....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my $500,000 in game today so have spent $400,000 on the best safe house and 10 car garage! Still have loads of cash left for other stuff too!!
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goy my $500,000 today too i bought a nice $400,000 safehouse.
  • Options
    Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got enough to splash out on an Entity XF now thanks to the payout combined with my current earnings.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTA$ Cash Cards are now available, if anyone fancies a cash top-up since the "Stimulus Package" came through.

On the other hand, the latest update patch seems to have brought more stability bugs. The game has randomly
    caused my console to totally freeze up several times since the update patch was downloaded on Tuesday.

One of the freeze ups caused a serious graphics glitch that looked as though the GPU had died! The last thing I
    need with this machine is a hardware failure. I'm not planning an upgrade to an E or S model anytime soon.

I've definitely got no plans to buy either of the next-gen consoles within the next 12-18 months either!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    pazza_73 wrote: »
    well tonight should be lag free on the PS3 at least...thanks to the PSN maintenance lasting 11hrs....:rolleyes:

That explains why I can't get onto GTA Online tonight. Didn't . realize there was maintenance. I went to go online via the single player game and no character was showing, thought it had been wiped again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DJGM wrote: »
    GTA$ Cash Cards are now available, if anyone fancies a cash top-up since the "Stimulus Package" came through.

On the other hand, the latest update patch seems to have brought more stability bugs. The game has randomly
    caused my console to totally freeze up several times since the update patch was downloaded on Tuesday.

One of the freeze ups caused a serious graphics glitch that looked as though the GPU had died! The last thing I
    need with this machine is a hardware failure. I'm not planning an upgrade to an E or S model anytime soon.

I've definitely got no plans to buy either of the next-gen consoles within the next 12-18 months either!

Yeah, my game froze mid helicopter flight last night - had to shutdown the 360 to clear it.

Great job fixing the game R*.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **** the cash cards rockstar

put additional garage space for sale

i got 10 awesome cars and want more but have nowhere to keep them
    i also want hangers/docks etc for any of purchased boats/planes to be kept ...phoning for them is annoying

and why the **** does the expensive apt not have a helipad on roof for heli storage

do all this rockstar and i'll buy loadsa your dumb cards to buy it all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    grps3 wrote: »
    **** the cash cards rockstar

put additional garage space for sale

i got 10 awesome cars and want more but have nowhere to keep them
    i also want hangers/docks etc for any of purchased boats/planes to be kept ...phoning for them is annoying

and why the **** does the expensive apt not have a helipad on roof for heli storage

do all this rockstar and i'll buy loadsa your dumb cards to buy it all

That's actually a really good point with the helipad. Never thought about that before but that'd be a great addition.

I'm hoping that these will be future DLC releases as it would add a bit more variety to the game. I'm happy with my apartment at Richards Majestic at the mo as I imagine it's quite busy around the $400k one.

I really need to get a better internet connection. It's slow enough connecting to sessions as it is. I also have to put up with getting kicked out of online when the wife wants to use the internet.