Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah you beat me to it. It looks like Eminem has been selling at 12k/day so going by the Popbars percentages Move should end up around 82k. The "risky move" seems to be paying off in spades.

As far as the album, do overseas imports count to the UK tally?
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    I agree with this. I don't think they will be getting top 5 as I posted in the music forum, I see top ten but 5 will be very hard to get with all of those artists releasing ..........

Edit: I think people are too optimistic :p lol. Its very hard week for them....

I love competition and think LM will hit #1. Why not?:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix do the bum bum bongos.

http://youtu.be/MY490WqLKkg
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »

Hopefully not. DNA had already slipped outside top5 by now on iTunes though so Move definitely has more staying power.

Edit: Btw, has anyone got their signed copy yet? Mine was posted on Wednesday but it hasn't arrived yet :(

No mines was posted the same day and hasn't arrived yet either, I don't get why though, they're presumably being posted from the UK so it should only take 2 days at most, now i'll be waiting for monday as I don't think my post room is open on saturday.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changed my prediction from #3 to #5 as I forgot about Eminem and Keane have had consecutive number 1 albums.

#5 is fantastic though. If it was released in October it would have been #1 easily IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Changed my prediction from #3 to #5 as I forgot about Eminem and Keane have had consecutive number 1 albums.

#5 is fantastic though. If it was released in October it would have been #1 easily IMO.

That is like saying if they release an album when noone releases an album they will get to No1 - which is a statement of the obvious. So do you subscribe then that chart positions are meaningless and it depends on the sales - which I have to say is the point I have been making all along?
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to the 'Salute" deluxe album and it's as bad as the first!
    "Wings" is an amazing single and "DNA" isn't too bad but after that they've not bothered seeking out tracks with great hooks , just delivering standard R and B fodder.
    I'm only 9 tracks in mind you, so they may surprise me...
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix on Friday Download on CBBC Channel now.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    ....Edit: Btw, has anyone got their signed copy yet? Mine was posted on Wednesday but it hasn't arrived yet :(
    wise-up wrote: »
    No mines was posted the same day and hasn't arrived yet either, I don't get why though, they're presumably being posted from the UK so it should only take 2 days at most, now i'll be waiting for monday as I don't think my post room is open on saturday.

Same here...:( ...was really hoping for delivery today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix can sing Wings in Korean now, they said they learned it in 20 minutes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Wings" is an amazing single and "DNA" isn't too bad but after that they've not bothered seeking out tracks with great hooks , just delivering standard R and B fodder.

I said in an earlier post that the current single lacked a hook and rhythm - for which I got abuse (particularly from one person). Nice to hear an unbiased viewpoint from someone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 10th track "Good Enough" is a decent ballad and I'm really liking "A Different Beat" as it's very "Wings".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @SurpriseITV LITTLE MIX EXCLUSIVE: @LittleMixOffic will be doing an exclusive performance of 'These Four Walls' on Sunday's show! #SurpriseSurprise
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member

Yasssss DS, stan!

I'm still waiting for my album to come before I listen to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @SurpriseITV LITTLE MIX EXCLUSIVE: @LittleMixOffic will be doing an exclusive performance of 'These Four Walls' on Sunday's show! #SurpriseSurprise

Really? The track does nothing me, it's drab.

Clearly they are going to try and wow people with a great vocal performance, but surely Little Me would have been a better bet in which case? Better song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'll move my prediction down to #5, as I didn't have a sense for the popularity of The Killers or especially Keane.
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    That is like saying if they release an album when noone releases an album they will get to No1 - which is a statement of the obvious. So do you subscribe then that chart positions are meaningless and it depends on the sales - which I have to say is the point I have been making all along?
    I think chart positions are mostly for fun, but they're a nice talking point down the road. They do mean a bit but you need to carefully parse them.

Sales aren't everything these days, given how much they've dropped, presumably because streaming is taking over, at least in part. Steady sales would be impressive in this climate. Surely the charts have to incorporate streaming figures into their album rankings soon. (I know Billboard already did it for the singles chart in the US.)
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Really? The track does nothing me, it's drab.

Clearly they are going to try and wow people with a great vocal performance, but surely Little Me would have been a better bet in which case? Better song.

I would never call it drab
  • Options
    etamineetamine Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say, I downloaded Salute and I'm actually astonished by how good the album is :o Consider me a convert!
  • Options
    BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHY IS THAT CREATURE STILL HERE?!?!

Ergh. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another good review:

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/music-review/little-mix-salute-album-review/

The sentiments seem to be the same everywhere. DNA was a let down & this is more like it. At last.

Not sure why Digital Spy have felt the need to do another review.. are they on the payroll or something?
  • Options
    BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Standard R and B fodder? The charts have nothing like what LM have on Salute.

I'm guessing you're a fan of the standard dance music fodder that's in the charts right now? :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not in the slightest. :rolleyes::yawn:

I'm guessing you're a fan of the standard dance music fodder that's in the charts right now? :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Each to their own. Not everybody is going to like it. There are plenty of well regarded albums I can't stand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Another good review:

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/music-review/little-mix-salute-album-review/

The sentiments seem to be the same everywhere. DNA was a let down & this is more like it. At last.

Not sure why Digital Spy have felt the need to do another review.. are they on the payroll or something?

They got the "first look" this year. Ironic that he posts over at PJ yet Mr. PJ has been pretty silent after going bezerk with his first look at Wings. Maybe he feels slighted.

Its bugging me that reviewers are crapping on DNA. Yes Salute is a big step up but I still think the first album was a good solid debut.
This discussion has been closed.