Options

Your theories on why Rose hasn't been in any spolier pictures?

Comments

• Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    I think she has a cameo appearance. Don't think she will be in as much as David.
    Her name sits with Smith, Tennant, Coleman and Hurt...it's fair to say she'll have a substantial role in the story. Given how little has gotten out about any of the others (other than what they've given us) it's also fair to assume that much of her role was filmed on sets indoors, and/or that they've just done a great job of hiding her specific involvement...the same way they hid Coleman's role in Asylum of the Daleks.
    I can also envision a lot of angry fans if they've hyped up her involvement for the sake of a cameo... her casting alongside Tennant was one of the earliest bits of news to emerge about the Special, getting leaked on the day that The Bells of Saint John went out. I just don't see a cameo happening...it'd be a proper appearance.
    James_Vick wrote: »
    And how do you know she's Billie's stunt double and not just an extra?
    The girl in the picture posted it to Twitter saying she was playing Billie Piper's extra (and just happens to have a sort-of similar look/build to Piper). The tweet was swiftly removed :)
  • Options
    James_VickJames_Vick Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girl in the picture posted it to Twitter saying she was playing Billie Piper's extra (and just happens to have a sort-of similar look/build to Piper). The tweet was swiftly removed :)

That doesn't really confirm she is though, she could have been lying or just worded it wrong and deleted the tweet after (something I do waaaaaaay to often lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James_Vick wrote: »
    That doesn't really confirm she is though, she could have been lying or just worded it wrong and deleted the tweet after (something I do waaaaaaay to often lol)

A possibility, but it doesn't seem likely. She's next to a car with a WHO registration plate, people on GB confirmed that location to be in the filming area, and I believe that someone who got a recent advance screening of the episode also posted there that that is indeed how Rose appears in the story.

Again a possibility, but I think a slim one - this girl's one hell of a cosplayer if it isn't legitimate :p:D
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be something to do with The Zygon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSweeet7 wrote: »
    I apologize if this has already been discussed and I have missed it!

I just find this very bizarre. There's been a number of pictures now, yet the BBC still hasn't released ONE picture of Billie/Rose. It's just so obvious that she's missing when every article will say who will star in the episode, and shows a picture of every one of them bar Rose! And I thought the whole point of the BBC officially confirming that David and Billie were in the episode was because they would be seen shooting on location, yet we never saw any pictures of Billie on set either!

So why do you think this?:p

She has little screen time? Revealing pictures of her would reveal a secret/a big part of the plot?

Any more?!

Id be more happy if she was never in the special. She was overused in the series way too much and it kinda ruined the end of series 2.

Maybe hopefully they kill the character off once and for all this time round.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd hazard a guess there's more to Billie returning than we can be allowed to know. There has to be a twist involved somewhere.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can also envision a lot of angry fans if they've hyped up her involvement for the sake of a cameo

Ah but there would be a lot of fans really happy to see her exterminated before the opening credits too :)

Okay, just me then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    Ah but there would be a lot of fans really happy to see her exterminated before the opening credits too :)

Okay, just me then.

I imagine there is, just as there are fans out there that wish the same would happen to Ten. Except it did happen in The Stolen Earth and it didn't work, he just got up again and went on for another year :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    There's another possibility, and before anyone flames me, I'm stressing right away that it's a remote one. :D

As folk have said The 10th Doctor would remember Elizabeth I in The Shakespeare Code if he'd bumped into her with Rose.

This suggests a later 10th Doctor and possibly an earlier Rose (9th Doctor era).

Now it's more likely than not that Eccleston won't be appearing but what if he and Moffat had come to an understanding earlier to have a brief appearance and then lie their butts off all the way up until broadcast? It would certainly explain why no shots of Rose - there might be a strong chance of spoiling it.

And even if he's not, which is highly likely, there's always the possibility that it could be Ninth era Rose, but she somehow gets separated from him off camera etc (which would fit nicely with the Bad Wolf tease we've had in the poster)
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I think Rose will have a big enough role. I doubt she'll just be a cameo or a Zygon either.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I think the 10th Doctor in the 50th will be the meta-crisis version from Journey's End in series 4. It is true that we saw Ten's Tardis on location but in a deleted scene from Journey's End at the farewell between the 10th Doctor, the meta crisis, Rose and Donna, the 10th Doctor gives the meta-crisis a bit of Tardis to grow one, and Donna tells him how to speed up the process: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcqdojFsuNo
    RTD also says at the start this still happened.

It's a deleted scene. Which means it has no valid claim to canonicity until it has been shown in the main continuity of the show. As it stands, it can be safely ignored, as it was purposely taken out of the main continuity.
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As folk have said The 10th Doctor would remember Elizabeth I in The Shakespeare Code if he'd bumped into her with Rose.

Not necessarily.

That would also imply that the Tenth Doctor would know exactly what the Eleventh Doctor would look like, so why did he initially believe that Jackson Lake was the Eleventh in "The Next Doctor"?

Isn't there some sort of unwritten rule that earlier Doctors and companions lose memories of multi-Doctor events once they return to their own timestream?

Afterthought:-

Oh, with "Time Crash" being the exception to that rule for whatever reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)I think as steven moffatt finddss her a tad needy he didnt want her tto bee in it too mucch i mean rose , i think he likes billie ax
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Not necessarily.

That would also imply that the Tenth Doctor would know exactly what the Eleventh Doctor would look like, so why did he initially believe that Jackson Lake was the Eleventh in "The Next Doctor"?

Isn't there some sort of unwritten rule that earlier Doctors and companions lose memories of multi-Doctor events once they return to their own timestream?

Yeah, Time Crash is definitely the elephant in the room, although the show has never fully settled on how Doctors should react when meeting one another.The Second had no problem identifying the Sixth, but the Fifth had problems identifying the Tenth

I think the best thing to do is simply accept the fact that 50 years of the show tying itself in knots continuity wise means anything can, and indeed will happen. :)
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    There is a reason. One which has been revealed in the appropriate thread - should anyone have the urge to go one step further :p
    What's this a bloody a scavenger hunt? You could just share for the unaware :o:o
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    For the uninitiated, the spoiler thread was created because of posters who wish to avoid spoilers. Any thread containing spoilers should have the word spoilers in the title and/ or the spoilers themselves should be tagged :)
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    What's this a bloody a scavenger hunt? You could just share for the unaware :o:o
    According to reliable spoiler hounds on Gallifrey Base, Rose is with the Hurt Doctor.
  • Options
    SladenSladen Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    According to reliable spoiler hounds on Gallifrey Base, Rose is with the Hurt Doctor.
    So he might indeed be an aged Faux 10!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sladen wrote: »
    So he might indeed be an aged Faux 10!

I'm not thinking so... it'd just have been hyped up as too big a deal for Hurt to be playing MetaDoctor, or TenToo or whatever he was called :D Plus it would go against Rose's line that "you'll grow old at the same time as me".

I think they'll still be going for either
    - a Pre-Hartnell Doctor
    - a Mid-McGann/Eccleston Doctor
    - a Post-Capaldi Doctor
    - something else entirely different :D
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus it would go against Rose's line that "you'll grow old at the same time as me".

I think they'll still be going for either
    - a Pre-Hartnell Doctor
    - a Mid-McGann/Eccleston Doctor
    - a Post-Capaldi Doctor
    - something else entirely different :D

That might be why we've not seen any pics of Rose - perhaps she's really aged?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmation that Billie was on set with both Matt and David, so it's pretty much confirmed that they'll all be together at some point. Which is good, I was thinking she'd only be with 10 and have a small amount of screen time.
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she is with Jack?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not necessarily.

Maybe Tenth will be from Planet of the Dead/Waters of Mars/The End of Time.
    Forgetting would be a little bit disapointing...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's next to a car with a WHO registration plate

That doesn't mean anything my friend has a car with WHO as part of the restoration
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah it's been establised that once returned to there own time all but the Doctor's apart from the current one forget the encounter so in the Day of the Doctor (unless Moffat screws up again like he kinda did I Time Crash) Tennant and Hurt will forget the encounter when they return to there own time but Smith's Doctor will remember. I think this has something to do the the Laws of Time and the Doctor not being allowed to know what his future self will look like. (Otherwise Tennant's Doctor would have known he wasn't going to be ginger in this next incarnation and therefore Smith wouldn't have said "Still not ginger" when he regenerated from Tennant)