Options

The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,357
    Forum Member
    Keeping personal and professional lives separate to me does not mean never doing anything related to one's personal life within the place of work, but not letting things that are going on in one's personal life affect the job. She had sex with Jonny within the workplace, but it in no way affected her job; while they were actually treating patients, they maintained their positions as a surgeon and a nurse respectively. I'd say that she still kept it separate.

That is what I was trying to say as well. Technically it's not very professional to sleep with a colleague on premises (or perhaps even to be sleeping with a colleague at all) but it is not as though they were at it on the open ward, in front of patients or even other members of staff. The only times her relationship with Jonny was brought up in public tended to be by Mo.
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    She is empathetic with the patients, but she doesn't come across to me as very professional. The way she deals with Jac is obviously a primary factor in that opinion, but it's not the only thing. On the first occasion that she appeared, she and Jonny disappeared off to the staff room with patient relatives, while the ward had the consequences of a serious road accident on its hands. Jac pulled both her and Jonny up on it, and in my opinion was quite right to. I appreciate that there was a reason for them trying to have a good time with the patient relatives - the relatives weren't getting on and it was distressing the patient, so they were trying to get them to reconcile - but as nurses, on a busy ward after a big accident, that should not have been their priority.

In the most recent episode, she suggested ways to calm the patient down, but I don't think that we've ever seen her actually treating a patient or doing anything that nurses are supposed to do. I can see that she is a well-intentioned person, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that she is a good nurse. And if she isn't a good nurse, it begs the question, why is she there?

She's there to be yet another spanner in the works of the Jac/Jonny relationship ;) (who the PtB seem intent on throwing not only the whole toolbox but also the work-bench at!!!).
    But to be fair to her, she's only been in 1.5 episodes and has (necessarily because of the above spanner-role she's playing) been more involved with the personal side of things than the professional, so really hasn't had the opportunity to show us many of her nursing skills. But as I said she has a good way with patients, seems to be empathic and is willing to help them which are some of the most important qualities for a nurse to have in my book.
    Also, must say it did amuse me how normally on Darwin you there's very rarely an open-ward based scene without at least one, sometimes 2 or 3 nurses/HCA's, in the background (seemingly to help us remember that it is a hospital :rolleyes:) but when necessary they can all vanish into thin air just like that (as in 'a ward full of patients, 2 doctors and NO nurses ').
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    She's there to be yet another spanner in the works of the Jac/Jonny relationship ;) (who the PtB seem intent on throwing not only the whole toolbox but also the work-bench at!!!).
    But to be fair to her, she's only been in 1.5 episodes and has (necessarily because of the above spanner-role she's playing) been more involved with the personal side of things than the professional, so really hasn't had the opportunity to show us many of her nursing skills. But as I said she has a good way with patients, seems to be empathic and is willing to help them which are some of the most important qualities for a nurse to have in my book.
    Also, must say it did amuse me how normally on Darwin you there's very rarely an open-ward based scene without at least one, sometimes 2 or 3 nurses/HCA's, in the background (seemingly to help us remember that it is a hospital :rolleyes:) but when necessary they can all vanish into thin air just like that (as in 'a ward full of patients, 2 doctors and NO nurses ').
    Johnny is a good nurse and very good at his job but I don't see the FM bigging him up as far as that goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you think that Bonnie's reactions to Jac were professional in the workplace, do you? I don't. I can understand Bonnie disliking Jac (though I think she has just misunderstood what she's all about), but in a workplace you just need to get on with things, and not take things personally. If Bonnie can't do that, she has problems with remaining professional. Jac can keep her personal and professional lives separate.
    What do you think I think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Johnny is a good nurse and very good at his job but I don't see the FM bigging him up as far as that goes.

I do. I've always said that Jonny is a good, professional Nurse, about the best the show has featured for a very long time. I Definately talked about it at length after the episode with the 2 young farmers who he stayed calm with even though they were very trying.

There was a debate on here a few months ago as to how good a Nurse Jonny is and whilst a few didn't think he was, more did and said as much. I also was talking about it just last night on the Jac thread as I think he has slipped in that area a little in recent weeks. I thought he was quite hard on that young lad in the first episode of season 16, deliberately removing his monitor pads quickly so it would sting, voicing his feelings at the kid winding up his mother and his pretending to fit (when he actually was). Understandable as the kid was a brat but not something Jonny would usually do as he hides his personal views on the Patients and their Relatives and just gets on with giving them the best care he can no matter ehat the provocation - as a good nurse should.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    What do you think I think?

The impression that I have got from you is that you think that Bonnie's reactions to Jac were reasonable. I don't think that they were. I do understand your point about her being upset at Jac (I think she has merely misread Jac actually, but Jac is a very easily misunderstood character, so that's not so much a problem). I don't think that her reaction was reasonable because it was completely uncalled for to get so personal. If I was in that situation, I certainly wouldn't gossip about how much I disliked that person with other people. I think it's fine to be upset about someone, but reacting in a way that is so personal is very immature, and unprofessional.

If you weren't saying that you thought Bonnie was reasonable then I apologise, but that was the way that it came across. And it's fine if you did mean that; I just disagree. We all have our own opinions.
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I do. I've always said that Jonny is a good, professional Nurse, about the best the show has featured for a very long time. I Definately talked about it at length after the episode with the 2 young farmers who he stayed calm with even though they were very trying.

I know we have debated it in the past, and I have conceded that while I don't like Jonny he has proved himself on quite a few occasions to be a decent nurse. However, I'd definitely argue against the suggestion he's the best that the show has had in a long time. I don't think he is anywhere near as good as Chantelle, who is a very good nurse, opinionated but kind and also has excellent people skills. I also think that Eddi was really professional before she became addicted to drugs. Jonny is reasonably good at his job, but I think at least those two outdid him in terms of professionalism and relationships with patients and staff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Chantelle is a bit Marmitey. I agree that clinically she is very good and that smile would lift a lot of people's spirits but I can see that kind of relentless cheeriness could be really grating and annoying for some Patients. My mother has said that whilst she thinks Chantelle is a lovely girl she wouldn't want her anywhere near her if she was sick in Hosptial because she is not a cheery, happoy person at the best of times and she would just want to be left alone and not have someone a fifth of her age trying to jolly her along.

Eddi I do think was very good but could perhaps be a little acerbic and too matter of fact with Patients. Jonny I think treads a middle ground between the 2.

All 3 are head and shoulders above (most of the time though they have good episodes) Chrissie, Marie-Claire, Donna, Daisha, Kyla and I never rated Mark much either. Faye was good when her mind was on the job not her personal life and I always really liked Mickie and the original ones, Julie, Ray and Jasmine. Sandy was good as well, just inexperienced.

So, i'm not sure Jonny is the best Nurse ever but he's certainly in the top few and as a personal choice I think I'5 prefer him to Eddi (though it is close) and Definately Chantelle as I just think she would be better in small doses but that is personality differences. I like her very much, would like to go out for an evening but not necessarily fussing round me all day when I was captive in a sick bed.

There used to be a thread on HTV asking who you'd want treating you if you were admitted which was quite interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just one other point re Jonny being a very good Nurse, the show certainly believe him to be good with people as it was in his initial character blurb that his easy manner with Patients and Staff was a jey factor in the success of the Transplant team. Mo does the business in theatre but Jonny is responsible for getting the right people in the room and working together to pull the whole process through. It is why he is the Co-Ordinator.

I appreciate we've seen little of that on screen though and i'm pretty sure that the writers intend Chrisie to come across as a wonderful Nurse where I think her attitude makes her an appalling one so the writers intention won't always come across.

I think there have been a fair few times when Jonny being perceptive and kind with the Patients has saved the day by them having surgery and I can't recall any times when there has been an indication his staff (he's the ward manager) or colleagues from other departments don't rate or get on with him. It is Jac and Mo he tends to disagree with and as i've stated before it is usually because he is trying to save them from themselves and he keeps it private between the 3 of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Chantelle is a bit Marmitey. I agree that clinically she is very good and that smile would lift a lot of people's spirits but I can see that kind of relentless cheeriness could be really grating and annoying for some Patients. My mother has said that whilst she thinks Chantelle is a lovely girl she wouldn't want her anywhere near her if she was sick in Hosptial because she is not a cheery, happoy person at the best of times and she would just want to be left alone and not have someone a fifth of her age trying to jolly her along.

Eddi I do think was very good but could perhaps be a little acerbic and too matter of fact with Patients. Jonny I think treads a middle ground between the 2.

All 3 are head and shoulders above (most of the time though they have good episodes) Chrissie, Marie-Claire, Donna, Daisha, Kyla and I never rated Mark much either. Faye was good when her mind was on the job not her personal life and I always really liked Mickie and the original ones, Julie, Ray and Jasmine. Sandy was good as well, just inexperienced.

I'll give my opinions on each of your examples:

Chantelle - I do get your point about her constant cheeriness, it would be good if she toned it down a little. However, it does seem that the vast majority of the time she is able to get patients to warm to her - more, indeed, than any other member of staff. She has other sides to her than just cheerful - she is kind and sympathetic, and someone I think I would open up to if I was really upset about something. She is also firm when she has to be - the example that springs to mind is with Dan's father, who was extremely rude to her and eventually she gave him quite a stern 'don't speak to me like that' speech. I think her cheerfulness works generally, but I agree it would be good if she could tone it down a little. She's the nurse I'd want treating me though.

Eddi - she could be a little too acerbic, but I don't think that is always an issue. She wasn't anywhere near as acerbic as Jac is, and as I said earlier on this thread, people usually come to respect Jac. I think the same can be said for Eddi.

Chrissie - she's not particularly great. She's good sometimes, but generally I wouldn't want her treating me.

Mary-Claire - now this is an interesting one! My opinion of her varies. She tends to be lazy, disorientated and thinks more about her personal life than her patients. However, just occasionally she gets on with her work, and on those occasions I find her to be absolutely brilliant. Like the time with Sacha's daughter Rachel, she was able to get Rachel to tell her about the lump on her groin, which no one else had been able to do. I think that Mary-Claire is very talented, but for some reason she tries to hide that 75% of the time. At the moment I can't say she's a great nurse because she only shines through sometimes, but I think she has the potential to be great if she let herself be.

Donna - she's another one who I thought was sometimes really good, but wasn't consistent enough for me.

Daisha - for some reason, I don't actually remember her treating patients very much, so I can't actually judge.

Kyla - I always really liked her (though I wasn't watching when she had her severe alcohol problems, so I may have missed something). At the time I was watching her, she always came across as very professional.

Mark - I initially really disliked him, but when he changed jobs to become CEO, my opinion of him completely turned around. I don't really remember him treating patients though.

Faye - like you said, she was good when her mind was on the job, but when it was off she was so appalling that I can't rate her at all.

I haven't been watching long enough to remember the others. I'd put Jonny below Chantelle, Eddi and Kyla but above the others (based purely on the way that they do their jobs, and not my general opinions of the character. If it was general, he would be much lower down in my estimation).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I take all your points on board and I agree with most of them. As I say even the Nurses I wasn't so sure of I dobthink they have good episodes with particular patients.

Donna improved greatly towards the end and I think. She was a pretty good nurse by the end (both clinically and bedside manner) but it was the early days of extreme laziness, showing up hung over with her dress half done up and more interested in flirting than anything else that I had issues with. It is the same with Marie-Claire (also she had quite a hig opinion of herself in her early days for little reason) but I think they are turning a corner with her.

My issie with Kyla (aside from the drinking at work thing which I actually had some sympathy with as it was an illness) was her tenancy to stick her nose in and lecture Patients when it really wasn't any of her business. Ditto Mark Williams though I accept that is a necessary part of the dramatic rules they have to follow - there often wouldn't be much story if the staff didn't stick their bibs in. Daisha did very little work which is probably why you don't remember it - Mark used to spend most of his time getting her time off and easy shifts.

I do agree with all your points about Chantelle and personally think she is lovely but I still think that her particular type of bedside manner might be completely wrong for a certain type of patient. Some people really can't take being 'chivvied' along like that and i'm not sure she is good enough at reading people to adapt her demaanour to something that will work for them whereas I think that Jonny and yes Eddi are. It may well come in time though. I know she is strong and most patients come round but to a certain extent they shouldn't have to. She didn't deserve the rudeness that Dan Hamilton's father gave her but I did sympathize with him not responding well to her 'happy face' squeeze ball. People react differently to bad news. I hate to say it but when I was in the depths of depression I would not have been able to cope with Chantelle at all. I think i"d have been split between uncontrollable sobbing and wanting to throw something at her to stop her being so happy and make her understand what I felt just so she would leave me aone. That is horrible I know but people can be horrible when very depressed or upset and being in Hospital can make people both. As I say, just different personalities.

Maria was a good nurse as well.
  • Options
    BLADESMAN1889BLADESMAN1889 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria was a great nurse & love or hate her Chrissie is also (outside of personality) I know that many will disagree but she gets the job done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I take all your points on board and I agree with most of them. As I say even the Nurses I wasn't so sure of I dobthink they have good episodes with particular patients.

Donna improved greatly towards the end and I think. She was a pretty good nurse by the end (both clinically and bedside manner) but it was the early days of extreme laziness, showing up hung over with her dress half done up and more interested in flirting than anything else that I had issues with. It is the same with Marie-Claire (also she had quite a hig opinion of herself in her early days for little reason) but I think they are turning a corner with her.

My issie with Kyla (aside from the drinking at work thing which I actually had some sympathy with as it was an illness) was her tenancy to stick her nose in and lecture Patients when it really wasn't any of her business. Ditto Mark Williams though I accept that is a necessary part of the dramatic rules they have to follow - there often wouldn't be much story if the staff didn't stick their bibs in. Daisha did very little work which is probably why you don't remember it - Mark used to spend most of his time getting her time off and easy shifts.

I do agree with all your points about Chantelle and personally think she is lovely but I still think that her particular type of bedside manner might be completely wrong for a certain type of patient. Some people really can't take being 'chivvied' along like that and i'm not sure she is good enough at reading people to adapt her demaanour to something that will work for them whereas I think that Jonny and yes Eddi are. It may well come in time though. I know she is strong and most patients come round but to a certain extent they shouldn't have to. She didn't deserve the rudeness that Dan Hamilton's father gave her but I did sympathize with him not responding well to her 'happy face' squeeze ball. People react differently to bad news. I hate to say it but when I was in the depths of depression I would not have been able to cope with Chantelle at all. I think i"d have been split between uncontrollable sobbing and wanting to throw something at her to stop her being so happy and make her understand what I felt just so she would leave me aone. That is horrible I know but people can be horrible when very depressed or upset and being in Hospital can make people both. As I say, just different personalities.

Maria was a good nurse as well.

I agree with you on most of this. As I said, I think that Chantelle could do better to tone it down a bit, but I also think people who are unfailingly cheerful can be infectious. I have also had issues with depression in the past, and I think I would have connected more with her than with Jonny. Just different personalities, I guess. It has just occurred to me that the other thing that I think sets Chantelle and Jonny apart from one another is that Jonny comes across as actively trying to get people on side, whereas Chantelle doesn't; it seems to come completely naturally to her. I'm not saying that Jonny is dishonest, but I always gravitate more to people who I don't feel are trying to make an impression on me. Chantelle seems more 'what you see is what you get' than Jonny. Of course, it's also possible that for me personally, it's easier for women to get me on board with an infectious personality than it is for men.

I don't remember Kyla doing that at all, but I was only in my early teens when she was in it, so being less mature I may just not have noticed.

What did you think of Elizabeth?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It may be to do with age, gender or personalities. I'm not one of those women that just instantly dislike other women and connect more with men (though I do tend to get on with men - maybe ti do with growing up with a brother and no sisters) but I honestly feel I would be better with Jonny or indeed Eddi than Chantelle and perhaps it is as basic as them being more my age and perhaps feeling that they'll 'get' me more. I don't judge people on age, I really don't but I think I might not react well to someone half my age (which Chantelle is) being that cheerful as I just would feel that they had no understanding of what I have been through in my life and am feeling now. As we've both said, different personalities but I really don't find cheerful people infectious when i'm depressed (medical professionals, friends, family), people trying to get me to see the good in life or being naturally happy honestly just makes me feel much worse and i'm saying this as having suffered from Clinical Depression to ab greater or lesser degree for 16 years. I'm actually signed off presently and I realise that everyone is different but I just know how I usually react and can imagine how i'd be with Chantelle. So, whilst I think she is lovely and basically a good nurse I can see that she might not mesh with certain character types.

I don't think Jonny comes across as false at all but again different reactions.

As a Nurse I thought Elisabeth was pretty good. Hard working, efficient, not In your face at all. Character wise incredibly boring but a good nurse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It may be to do with age, gender or personalities. I'm not one of those women that just instantly dislike other women and connect more with men (though I do tend to get on with men - maybe ti do with growing up with a brother and no sisters) but I honestly feel I would be better with Jonny or indeed Eddi than Chantelle and perhaps it is as basic as them being more my age and perhaps feeling that they'll 'get' me more. I don't judge people on age, I really don't but I think I might not react well to someone half my age (which Chantelle is) being that cheerful as I just would feel that they had no understanding of what I have been through in my life and am feeling now. As we've both said, different personalities but I really don't find cheerful people infectious when i'm depressed (medical professionals, friends, family), people trying to get me to see the good in life or being naturally happy honestly just makes me feel much worse and i'm saying this as having suffered from Clinical Depression to ab greater or lesser degree for 16 years. I'm actually signed off presently and I realise that everyone is different but I just know how I usually react and can imagine how i'd be with Chantelle. So, whilst I think she is lovely and basically a good nurse I can see that she might not mesh with certain character types.

I don't think Jonny comes across as false at all but again different reactions.

As a Nurse I thought Elisabeth was pretty good. Hard working, efficient, not In your face at all. Character wise incredibly boring but a good nurse.

It's not so much that I get on better with women than with men; it just depends how I'm feeling at the time, and if I'm feeling low or depressed, I tend to respond better to a female personality. It's more likely to make me feel better about myself. Interestingly, if the situations are reversed (if it's the other person that's depressed, and me trying to help them out) I find that easier to do with guys (although obviously it's not like that in every case, it depends on the individual). I've never really thought about it like that before, interesting isn't it?

I agree with you about Elizabeth. Another nurse who I really liked was Judith Marchant, the matron from a couple of years ago, played by Shelagh McLeod. She seemed really good at her job, was quite strict but was a nice person underneath it all, and I liked the relationship she had with Mark. Shelagh had a good rapport with Robert Powell, and in fact that was the time that I started to like Mark; previously I'd seen him mostly fawning over Daisha, and I felt that Judith brought out the best in him. It's a shame she was only a short-term character, I would have liked her to stay on in a permanent capacity. Sharon from a couple of months ago reminded me a bit of her, and her relationship with Elliot reminded me of Judith and Mark. It's typical that the relationship storylines that I actually like, and find believable, tend to be more short-term ones. Maybe most viewers want something different to what I want.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sorry, realise I'm being incredibly thick (I am VERY tired though, so can't really think at the mo) but FM?????
    Also, am a bit confused (and right now it really doesn't take much!!) because I was talking about Bonnie not Jonny. Do agree though that Jonny is a very good nurse, and one of the reasons I think this is because he is consistently good - not, as others have already mentioned, other nurses who are good in patches/spates. With regard to Chantelle I can see how her sunny disposition might grate with some people, and think that in the right (or wrong) circumstances I might find it annoying (and I am normally someone who tries to see the best in things/be positive).

Also, with regard to the Jac/Bonnie friction I don't mind that Bonnie insulted Jac in that first episode - Jac was quite rude (albeit with reason) when she first met her, so could see how Bonnie might have formed an unfavourable impression (and there were much better ways Jac could have said what she had to say) So if Bonnie had said 'she's (seems like) a bit of a cow/dragon/tartar/bitch I could see why. It was the highly personal nature of the insults (particularly the one about the 'poor baby having to look at Jac's face' etc) which really rankled with me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think I've just worked it out - FM = forum member?? Now I really do feel thick :o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, realise I'm being incredibly thick (I am VERY tired though, so can't really think at the mo) but FM?????
    Also, am a bit confused (and right now it really doesn't take much!!) because I was talking about Bonnie not Jonny. Do agree though that Jonny is a very good nurse, and one of the reasons I think this is because he is consistently good - not, as others have already mentioned, other nurses who are good in patches/spates. With regard to Chantelle I can see how her sunny disposition might grate with some people, and think that in the right (or wrong) circumstances I might find it annoying (and I am normally someone who tries to see the best in things/be positive).

Also, with regard to the Jac/Bonnie friction I don't mind that Bonnie insulted Jac in that first episode - Jac was quite rude (albeit with reason) when she first met her, so could see how Bonnie might have formed an unfavourable impression (and there were much better ways Jac could have said what she had to say) So if Bonnie had said 'she's (seems like) a bit of a cow/dragon/tartar/bitch I could see why. It was the highly personal nature of the insults (particularly the one about the 'poor baby having to look at Jac's face' etc) which really rankled with me.
    I know you were but the FM I was referring to made a point of saying Jac was good at her job but so is Johnny but the same praise isn't afforded to him so shouldn't be used as an argument
    Think I've just worked it out - FM = forum member?? Now I really do feel thick :o:o:o
    Well done, took me a while to work out various other abbreviations when I started posting on here. It's a bit like trying to work out Cockney rhyming slang which is difficult enough before they then shorten the phrases
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really getting to like Mary-claire , I like how recently they seem to have gave her more depth. The episode after the crash when she was treating Digby she was really good! Most of the time her character seems lazy and can come across as quite attitudey , but then some times she has these little moments and proves how good she can be! I also like her friendships with Edward and Sacha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know you were but the FM I was referring to made a point of saying Jac was good at her job but so is Johnny but the same praise isn't afforded to him so shouldn't be used as an argument

I don't know which FM (now I know what it means I will use it!:D!) you were talking about but I know we have had discussions about Jonny's competence (or otherwise) as a nurse before and that most of us agreed he was good.

BIB: as an argument for what????

Chaseta
    I'm really getting to like Mary-claire , I like how recently they seem to have gave her more depth. The episode after the crash when she was treating Digby she was really good! Most of the time her character seems lazy and can come across as quite attitudey , but then some times she has these little moments and proves how good she can be! I also like her friendships with Edward and Sacha.

Yes they seem to be giving her more to do than moon after Harry and sit around reading magazines now. And I nearly cheered when she was so good with Arthur after the crash. I'm not so sure about her 'friendship' with Edward though - you have to question how much of a friend someone is who deliberately puts the blame for a mistake they've made on to you, and then uses how that made you feel to their own advantage!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes they seem to be giving her more to do than moon after Harry and sit around reading magazines now. And I nearly cheered when she was so good with Arthur after the crash. I'm not so sure about her 'friendship' with Edward though - you have to question how much of a friend someone is who deliberately puts the blame for a mistake they've made on to you, and then uses how that made you feel to their own advantage!!

Ah I think I may have missed a few episodes as I don't recall these scenes, would you mind filling me in please? Then again my mind is not the best, I've probably seen this all happen and totally forgot! Haha
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you referring to Camilla Arfwedson? If you are, I was just wondering what your issue with her is? I think she's playing Zosia rather well.

I can't imagine that Zosia is a particularly easy character to play. She has to switch between pleasant to almost sociopathic very quickly, and I think she's doing it as well as anyone could. I particularly love her eyes; she can come across as incredibly charming and pleasant, while her eyes look slightly intimidating.

Yes i am, as an actress i find her scenes boring, I'm not enamoured with her acting skills either as she is so am dram at times. Even her presence in those irritating adverts makes me switch off and dare i say it but id cross the street rather than talk with her if she was a friend of mine. But as i said its just my personal opinion.

And i heard something regarding her diva attitude on set that makes me despise her.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ;) I am a cheeky bugger & a bit of a wind up merchant :D I am a big joker also. The sad thing on forums is that it doesn't always come across that way & I've actually had a temp ban when it's only meant as a joke - so I'm glad that you realised that no harm was meant.

As a proud Northerner myself - living down as far south as you can get for 11 yrs now I have now begun to here how much my fellow Sheffield people sound to southerners. Because I don't hear the accent anymore when I go back home for Xmas it really stands out & I can appreciate how southerners think it sounds 'rough' or common.

No worries mate, i like wind up merchants as they liven up DS :D
  • Options
    millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know which FM (now I know what it means I will use it!:D!) you were talking about but I know we have had discussions about Jonny's competence (or otherwise) as a nurse before and that most of us agreed he was good.

BIB: as an argument for what????

I like her friendship with Sacha he has not got a ulterior motive. But Edward I do not trust, he made the mistake and Anne-Marie take the blame, she nearly quit but thanks to Ric she did not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes i am, as an actress i find her scenes boring, I'm not enamoured with her acting skills either as she is so am dram at times. Even her presence in those irritating adverts makes me switch off and dare i say it but id cross the street rather than talk with her if she was a friend of mine. But as i said its just my personal opinion.

And i heard something regarding her diva attitude on set that makes me despise her.

Well, each to their own opinions. I personally like the way she plays Zosia. I think she's good at switching from pleasant to intimidating without really changing her demeanour at all - it's a tricky technique to master, I think that requires a lot of emotional engagement with one's character. I haven't seen her in the adverts everyone keeps talking about though, maybe that would make a difference to my opinion if I had.

Just out of curiosity, what have you heard about her on set? (Not that that would make a difference to me - I still rate her as an actress regardless of what she is like personally.)
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member

I don't know about her on set but I agree with you about her acting. I acted as a child between the ages of 5 and 12 and thus do know a little about acting and I am not impressed with her. Of course, acting as a child is not the same as doing it as an adult but it does give you some idea of what constitutes good acting. She only has two expressions so far. If she has another one I have missed it!
This discussion has been closed.