Options

Celine oh dear

Comments

• Options
    theiatheia Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patricia50 wrote: »
    So she's not supposed to age?. Would it be better for her to look as worked on as Sharon.I think she looks great for her age and I think she still sounds great. She's been doing huge shows in Vegas for a few years now and a world tour and then back to Vegas so she must be doing something right.

It's odd, isn't it? Ageing appears to be seen as negative rather than a natural process nowadays. For me, the sound of her voice is more important than how she looks...it's her music that touches me, not her appearance.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abcd wrote: »
    Shed still get it

You want to screw your garden shed ? ;)
  • Options
    Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh...ok. Lets see if the millions all buy that album.

The pre orders for her album already exceed millions worldwide, so going by that I guess they probably will.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    She's extremely classy - especially compared to other world class divas like Whitney, Madonna, Mariah and Christina - her new album will sell millions worldwide, she has always looked after her voice (she's just experimenting with it more now, she said so on Jonathan Ross) which is why she can reach awesome notes time after time, without fail. The woman is a legend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    wow, Celine is 45 :eek:..wowser i thought she was in her 50's
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    patricia50 wrote: »
    So she's not supposed to age?. Would it be better for her to look as worked on as Sharon.I think she looks great for her age and I think she still sounds great. She's been doing huge shows in Vegas for a few years now and a world tour and then back to Vegas so she must be doing something right.

Well said. It seems our general view of aging has been skewed so much now (due to the majority of people in the public eye spending thousands upon thousands to maintain a picture of youth) that we recoil in horror should anyone dare to look their age.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a right mess
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    Well said. It seems our general view of aging has been skewed so much now (due to the majority of people in the public eye spending thousands upon thousands to maintain a picture of youth) that we recoil in horror should anyone dare to look their age.

Its not about looking her age, she looked ill. Frail and very underweight.

I agree that all the people who go down the Botox routes make younger people in society not understand what women look like when they age gracefully and beautifully. The thing with Dion is that in my eyes, she looks ill now :( .
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she had an arguement with her heart backstage, her heart decided it wouldn't go on :D:o
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    She was great I love Celine . And I love the song , had it have been sung by a so called current artist it would easily go top 10
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was like she had a stammer at the beginning of the song:o
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Think she's been singing in a foreign accent too long. Her diction is very poor. I had to put the subs on
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haggard? She looks 45 and good for it.

Maybe OP is too used to seeing women with their faces pulled back so much their belly button is sitting on their forehead.
  • Options
    lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love celine, havent seen the x factor for a few years.
    only watched it to see celine:)
    the rest of the show was awfull:yawn:
  • Options
    Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Think she's been singing in a foreign accent too long. Her diction is very poor. I had to put the subs on

LOL are you serious? Singing in a foreign accent for too long? That's how she's always sung and spoken because her first language is French! Her diction is better than some people whose first language is English.

As for people querying why she's releasing another album. Why the hell not? If you had the kind of vocal talent she has, the millions of fans worldwide that buy everything she puts out, made her last world tour the 3rd biggest grossing of all time and have attended both of her Vegas residency's from all over the world, she'd be crazy not to.

I'm not even remotely a fan of her or her music but realise serious talent and an all time great.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    I thought she looked gorgeous - it's so nice to see a woman on our screes who isn't botoxed to the max.

I so agree. It's just a bit of a shock for some people to see an actual wrinkle on a tv performer.;)
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *tee hee* My husband just said that the new song sounded like Rihanna!
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celine has always looked older compared to others her age. It isn't as if she suddenly aged.it also isn't that unusual.

Some look a bit older like she does, some look a bit younger(Lillie McCloud very much so...54?! :eek::D ), some look their age like Nicole does for mid 30s.

I doubt most would cry to resemble any of them at a similar age.
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I take it that you think Sharon Osbourne is a piece of hot ass?
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,004
    Forum Member
    I thought she looked gorgeous and sounded brilliant. It's not the best song in the world but I thought she sang it well
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    subee wrote: »
    I thought she looked great for someone in her 50s. Didn't realise she was only 45. Considering Sandra Bullock is 49 and looks super hot in gravity, Celine sadly does't compare visually. But as a woman myself, I really shouldn't be slagging her off based on her looks. We all get old after all (if we're lucky enough to live that long). :p

Sandra Bullock is 49?!! :eek: She looks incredible, I thought she was late 30's - 40.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I thought she looked gorgeous and sounded brilliant. It's not the best song in the world but I thought she sang it well
    The song that repeatedly said I, I, I, I, I, I etc. :D
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    *tee hee* My husband just said that the new song sounded like Rihanna!

Very perceptive considering the song was written by Sia who wrote Diamonds for Rihanna. Personally I think Sia sings it way better than Céline.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't a very good performance of a mediocre song. I don't think she's aged well, maybe she's too skinny. If she's happy though, that's all that matters.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,040
    Forum Member
    She looked and sounded brilliant (singing live too). She is, and has always been, pure class.