Options

REVEALED! The song choices for The Great British Songbook week

Comments

• Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    and about the only good thing I can say about the choice for Nicholas is, at least its not 'angels'

But it is the most cliched choice ever. He's going to top the votes obviously with this song again though.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    They could not of given Sam C a worse song...

I predicted that at the beginning of the week for him :o
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Tamera and Nick will do well
    Luke and Sam Bailey's is a bit meh
    Hannah will struggle with that I think!
    Rough Copy will MURDER Coldplay
    Faith for Sam C? Ahahahahahahahahahahhaahahha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wonder if they will give sam the full George Michael look from the video for that song :D:yawn::eek:
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,119
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a soundtrack straight from hell.
    Sam C swinging his hips to Faith. :( No no no!
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Nicholas getting the pimp slot this week.

About time too :D
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear ,this week sounds as if it's going to be Shite with those song choices ,:yawn:
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it is the most cliched choice ever. He's going to top the votes obviously with this song again though.

I know right. He's also clearly displayed how he's too "young" to connect to the lyrics of that song. Its like they flogged that song to him cause they know the song has a winning formula.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nailed Sam C's song choice! Only Hannah has a good song, from the looks of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    I nailed Sam C's song choice! Only Hannah has a good song, from the looks of it.

oi ! don't try to steal my credit for it , I posted it before you did :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oi ! don't try to steal my credit for it , I posted it before you did :p

:D

Also, I think Sam B's song choice is fabulous. Shows her tender side, hopefully, unlike Mary when she did it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sam C doing Faith will be almost as jawdropping as Shelly doing Single Ladies ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hannah's song has shouty mess written all over it again tbh
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depending on the running order and Gary's comments, it might very well be Sam C's last performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    I know right. He's also clearly displayed how he's too "young" to connect to the lyrics of that song. Its like they flogged that song to him cause they know the song has a winning formula.

He managed to connect fine with A Thousand Years and I Won't Give Up pre-lives. Although it's a bit of a cliched X Factor choice, at least it's much more in line with his strengths.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evidence-time:

Hannah’s song has been done by Rebecca before and Rebecca got a 1.3% boost in relative percentage votes that week resulting in a position change from 3rd to 2nd that week.

Sam Bailey’s song has been sung by Mary B (likely the version she’ll be using) and resulted in Mary gaining 1.31% votes BUT falling from 4th to 5th place.

Viva la Vida allowed Cher and One Direction to both shine when they did it to their target demographic.

Tamera’s song actually resulted in a loss of 2.24% to Aiden’s vote count and a drop from 4th to 6th! Why on earth are they giving her this song then if they are favoring her?

Luke’s song made Danyl drop from 3rd to 4th and lose 3% of his votes!

Sam C’s song gained Lloyd 2.4% in votes going from 6th to 4th (but this was after a sing off).

So my bets are on a Tamera vs Luke showdown if these statistics are repeated/arrangements are the same/similar and I sure as hell hope not because they're two of my favorites! :mad: But we have no live data on Someone Like You and comparative/relative statistics on Viva La Vida. So who knows what's going to happen this week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    but you cant just base it on the song without hearing them perform it ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    but you cant just base it on the song without hearing them perform it ...

Maybe not (which is why I said provided arrangements are similar), but you can still have some idea of the producers' intents.
  • Options
    ChelseaaKylexChelseaaKylex Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evidence-time:

Hannah’s song has been done by Rebecca before and Rebecca got a 1.3% boost in relative percentage votes that week resulting in a position change from 3rd to 2nd that week.

Sam Bailey’s song has been sung by Mary B (likely the version she’ll be using) and resulted in Mary gaining 1.31% votes BUT falling from 4th to 5th place.

Viva la Vida allowed Cher and One Direction to both shine when they did it to their target demographic.

Tamera’s song actually resulted in a loss of 2.24% to Aiden’s vote count and a drop from 4th to 6th! Why on earth are they giving her this song then if they are favoring her?

Sam C’s song gained Lloyd 2.4% in votes going from 6th to 4th (but this was after a sing off).

So my bets are on a Tamera vs Luke showdown if these statistics are repeated/arrangements are the same/similar and I sure as hell hope not because they're two of my favorites! :mad: But we have no live data on Someone Like You and comparative/relative statistics on Viva La Vida. So who knows what's going to happen this week!

That doesn't mean anything...Like if Wagner sung a song in 2010 and he lost votes doesn't mean that if someone on this series sang the same song they would lose votes... It depends on the person and how well they sing it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe not (which is why I said provided arrangements are similar), but you can still have some idea of the producers' intents.

come on you are trying to read far too much into things

everyone will sing the song differently so the reaction to it will be different

trying to base whats going to happen on previous versions of the song being used on the show is such flawed logic
  • Options
    Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evidence-time:

I think your reading to much in to the song choices tbh .
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Even more boring song choices.

Rough Copy have the best one by far so only really want to see that one.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evidence-time:

I highly doubt Tamera will perform Diamonds Are Forever with the look of a serial killer searching out the next victim. Aiden's style was Marmite to say the least.

When did Cher sing Viva La Vida? I can remember series 7 pretty clearly but can't recall that one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I highly doubt Tamera will perform Diamonds Are Forever with the look of a serial killer searching out the next victim. Aiden's style was Marmite to say the least.

was thinking the same

aiden doing that song was a huge risk and always going to be a marmite moment and whilst i still think that song will be too big for tamera if she tries to do it like bassey i cant see her really messing it up

might be a bit forgettable tho
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked they're allowing Tamera to show some sass, considering her bad press. Also, why an old-ass song?