DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Oh dear lukewarm response

Hardly

banners in the crowd, the masses going wild
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I'm hearing is people pissed off that he got a lot of the words wrong. Don't think the appearance did him any favours, despite those that insist on believing in the mythical 'Scottish vote' :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    He will be going back down on a megabus he will be tired tomorrow

Where's the 'like' button when you want one? :)
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's the 'like' button when you want one? :)

They wouldn't would they:D probably one from from Buchanan street at about 11 I think:D
  • Options
    rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes the winner for me hes been nailed on since the auditions.

Doing the national anthem is only going to give him more votes.

I don't think hes that good but hes what people vote for on shows such as this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    They wouldn't would they:D probably one from from Buchanan street at about 11 I think:D

I suspect they might just! Or we will get a vt from him about how excited he was to be on a plane. I'm not sure which is worst!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sycamore wrote: »
    All I'm hearing is people pissed off that he got a lot of the words wrong. Don't think the appearance did him any favours, despite those that insist on believing in the mythical 'Scottish vote' :rolleyes:

Don't tell me he messed up Flower Of Scotland? :eek: Even I can sing that perfectly as an Irishman (I have a theory the guy has no interest in music)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Don't tell me he messed up Flower Of Scotland? :eek: Even I can sing that perfectly as an Irishman (I have a theory the guy has no interest in music)

Yep! Not the best personal appearance ever... :p And tbh, he has a lovely sweet voice, but it's not really suited for singing in those circumstances even if he hadn't messed up the words.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Think of old Glasgow guy in a pub singing it and you are probably there, surprised its not up on youtube yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sycamore wrote: »
    Yep! Not the best personal appearance ever... :p And tbh, he has a lovely sweet voice, but it's not really suited for singing in those circumstances even if he hadn't messed up the words.

I've nothing against the guy : he has a very good voice but he's the essentially the fifth (and not particularly interesting) member of a boyband.
  • Options
    whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    There is a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQXpbk2rilo

I can't see where he's meant to have messed up though....To be honest it's not the best sound though so might have missed something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't see where he's meant to have messed up though....To be honest it's not the best sound though so might have missed something.

He gets one word wrong here : he's supposed to sing "Those days are past now / And in the past they must remain" but sings "we" instead (which totally changes the meaning of the lines).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've nothing against the guy : he has a very good voice but he's the essentially the fifth (and not particularly interesting) member of a boyband.

Yes, he has a lovely voice but he's been pretty dull in the lives, disappointing compared to what I'd expected/hoped from him.

I can't remember all of them, but for example 'in the past we must remain' instead of 'they [those days] must remain', totally changes the meaning of it. And 'light again' instead of 'like again', etc. There was nothing horrific, but still, it ought to be correct.
  • Options
    gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that might have been on purpose, but hey ho when he shouted "Come on Scotland" at the end, he was just a kid supporting his team and his Country.

I still think this will be his winners single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C44KsgfCjY
  • Options
    whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Ok, I must have missed that sound's pretty dire. To be honest, still don't think it's a massive balls up. There have been a lot lot worse versions of the song by more established people over the years. I don't think he did too bad a job of it!
  • Options
    gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nor me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Told you it wouldnt do much for Scotland - poor result!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sgeandhusgeandhu Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear lukewarm response

This Dundee boy disagrees.
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was quite good. My sister went to see the game, she lives in Glasgow, whilst I'm in Edinburgh.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Props to him for being able to sing in front of that many people, I still think he sounds like a pub singer though. Theres 100+ guys around Glasgow who sound exactly the same without doubt.