Options

2013 Post of the Day

Comments

• Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    In response to a poster claiming that a doctor friend hearing about Natalie thinks she's faking it...
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    I wonder does isledance's doctor friend work for ATOS?
    They seem to be very good at "spotting" dodgy illnesses without actually seeing the patient
  • Options
    KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been doing exactly the same thing, Buddy. This forum managed to ruin my enjoyment of SCD for the past two years - to the extent I didn't even bother watching the final the year before last. I do realise that's my fault for allowing the nastiness on here to get to me, mind!

The bile that spews forth from some people about the celebrities (and some of the pros) on SCD is quite astounding. Passing judgement on people you don't know and are never likely to meet - and you can bet your bottom dollar that if they ever did come face to face with the targets of their venom, they would't have the guts to say anything like that to their face.

if you're going to be unpleasant about someone, at least have the courage of your convictions. not that I'd respect or have any time anyone who behaved in that way anyway.

Well, quite. But don't let the actual 'facts' get in the way of the nasty tirades! :D

You managed to make me smile! :D

The problem is, that it's not just this one thread or even just one post - and it's not just Natalie. The sheer volume of nastiness against contestants and pros on this show has grown to new levels in the past few years. It seems that if you're sitting behind a keyboard, it gives you carte blanche to be as unpleasant and unkind and downright rude about anyone on TV as you can be.

I personally think it says a lot about those indulging in it - in that they are really quite objectionable people themselves who need a target to aim their bile at.

I think a lot of people have simply had enough of the vileness and are reacting in this thread.

And this will undoubtedly be my one and only contribution to this part of the board this year. Back to lurk again and only come back for the spoilers. :)

It's a shame posters like this are driven away by morons. Thought it deserved to be on this thread before it got lost amongst the shite.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poena wrote: »
    From The Lazy Journalists Thread

QUOTE=Chilli Dragon;69585617]Thought it warranted a bump since the stories this week have been "interesting"

Strictly Bitchy!
    By Alotta Bullshine

BBC bosses were in CRISIS talks last night after it emerged that none of their professional dancers can actually stand each other and that the we-all-love-each-other-it’s-one-big-family routine trotted out without fail over SEVENTEEN series is actually a PACK OF LIES. We can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that the fallouts began when nubile boobylicious babe Olive Jordan, 19, was called “an over made-up, overrated bint” by Peruvian new girl Karen Bower, 42. This prompted Olive’s husband, Strictly’s resident prick, James 39, to respond on Twitter with a picture of him burning an effigy of Karen and threatening her with death.

Karen’s husband, Kelvin 17, – who we believe originates from Hull, SENSATIONALLY reacted to the threats by setting fire to James’s hair on the live show.

However, there are more than just these couples causing RUCTIONS on set. Ukrainian sex pot Kristal Rhianoff, who is dancing with footballist and nine time winner of the World’s Best Arse Award, Benjy Coren, FURIOUSLY accused Spaniard Iveta Locomotion 35, of being “a frumpy, sexless prude.” Iveta, who is still receiving counselling from the events of the previous series, decided to prove busty Kristal wrong and danced the entire show wearing nothing but a diamond encrusted merkin.

Not to be outdone, new boy Alijaz Somethingorother, 19, RUTHLESSLY attacked fellow Russian Artem Chinthingy 46, by labelling him a “toothy orange twa*t” before BRUTALLY pushing him down the stairs. Show insiders have also EXCLUSIVELY revealed that Vincent and Flavoursome’s departures from this year’s series may have something to do with aged dancer Anthony De Bexley, 85. Neither of the Portuguese tangoists has been seen and a missing persons report may or may not have been filed.

Head judge, Ben Goodlady, 93, was not surprised by the fallouts when we failed to ask him. “I’m not surprised.” He probably said. “Even us judges don’t get on. There’s not a day goes by where I don’t have to punch Bruno in the balls and the reason Craig has the walking stick is nowt do with a hip replacement let me tell you!” Although he would not be drawn, Goodlady was hinting that former Hip Hop Dance judge, Darcey Brussels, 40, may have been responsible for Craig’s injury when she CRUELLY reversed her Range Rover across his legs several times.

It is now understood, largely by us, that the show may have to be PREMATURELY called to an end as BBC producers fear the violence amongst the dancers may escalate and kill fossilised presenter Bruce Forshit for ever meaning his gets-dressed-in-the-dark co-host Tress Daly, wife of Jamaican international footballist Omar, the job fulltime. “It is a horror too far that one!” They apparently said.

Are you surprised that competitive people are not always friends? Have you ever been chinned by Anya or Janette? Then contact us on 0890099488484999494 or Tweet @thisisnotarealpaper

© Complete bollix productions

In a forum replete with authentic unpleasantness, this has made me LOL. :D
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the "Ignore Feature on Digital Spy" thread:
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    At one point, years ago, before I grew a double-thick skin, I had 20 or 30 on ignore. When I logged in, half of every thread disappeared. Bliss! :p

These days I don't bother. I opened the cage and all my little ignorees flew free. I figure I'll cope... just about...
    That's what I did last year but am fed up with all the bird droppings at the moment!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    From the thread claiming that a genuine medical professional has diagnosed Natalie over the TV on a piece of edited footage, saying that her fainting and back injury are fake:
    Could you get Dr Imaginary-Made-Up-Bollocks to determine whether or not Abbey and Sophie's complete inability to perform Latin routines is down to early-onset arthritis? Does Ben have psoriasis that means he can't keep his clothes on? Does Patrick lapse into a coma whenever he's not dancing? Does Ashley have a multiple-personality disorder that makes him believe that he is simultaneously Frank Spencer and Norman Wisdom?

Most importantly can you ask him if Fred Astaire has ever danced ballroom? :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Move along nothing to see here :o;)
  • Options
    allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it a shame they deleted that thread. Not because I agreed with the OP but I do think idotic BS should be left for us all to see, I think deleting rather than locking lets the OP off the hook too easily.
  • Options
    Bouzouki BoyBouzouki Boy Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Deffo Not Apprecio thread
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Unappreciating the bussing of Mark. So he somehow survived being dressed as a ping pong ball on a breeze-block in a rumba to a Bond theme? DRAT! Let's make him do jive on crocked knees as everyone else glides around doing elegant ballroom and dramatic pasos and bouncy sambas! It'd be more subtle if Iveta just shoved him downstairs at the start of the performance show then accepted the £5,000 from Evil Moira Ross herself.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may seem childish but these both made me chuckle. (If so blame the return of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue

I was going to post that one too! :p

I'll go for this instead! From the inspired IKEA thread
    RoseAnne wrote: »

Also customers expecting a delivery of a DARCEE this week at the Blackpool branch will have to arrange delivery from Brighton.

She will never live that down! :D
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the Charleston in the 'real world' thread:
    cantos wrote: »
    The only Charleston I have seen in the 'Real World', was when the wife was walking up a slippery path last February.
    She managed to master all the required moves and also managed to stay in the crossed leg position until A & E managed to straighten her out.
    :eek: :D
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    From the Charleston in the 'real world' thread:

:eek: :D

Good one, cantos. Hope you wife isn't reading this forum! :D
  • Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This from the Non-Appreciation thread:
    aggs wrote: »
    Directly from The Strictly Toy Factory :D

The Brendan doll - when pressure is exerted it will rapidly repeat 'this girl ... best ever' before curling up into a ball and sobbing.

:D
  • Options
    Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of younger male presenters would kill to be in Terry's position. John Borrowman will jazz hands his way through a pile of bodies to get there if allowed.

Razamatazz!
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Ashley's Blackppol costume
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Ashley looks like Woody from Toy Story.
    He also looks a bit of a Jessie.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the OMG Kevin Thread:
    I really, really loved that Paso to a quite unreasonable degree. I think it was how utterly mental it was, compared to the milquetoast pisstake efforts of the other pros.

Like, for a while now it's been a running joke on Strictly - ooooh er, how're you gonna do the big scary Spanish bull dance - and you get stuff like Richard Armchair mincing around as a zombie, or Iveta's disco-spaceman thing, or Ashley's cowboy thingy, and it's all a bit, like, well we know we're ballroom dancers but even we're too cool to take this silly bull thing seriously so it's going to be either a gimmick or ironic detachment kthx and you end up with these self-consciously zany approaches to what usually is a bit of a nothing dance.

BAM

KEVIN FROM MOTHER****ING GRIMBSY

95lbs of glitter, lurid Spandex and spring loaded pipe cleanrs is going to BOUNCE AROUND LIKE A BASTARD because THIS IS A GODDAMNED PASO DOBLE YOU WRETCHES! AND HE IS GOING TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT'S HIS JOB. He has spent the series looking like a nice teenager who's decent enough to dance with his mother at a cousin's wedding, and then BAM this week they are replaced by a couple of horny murderers! Stalking! Bouncing! Flips! Spinning! A big cape! THE MOST SPANISH OUTFITS. FLAMENCO BREAKDOWNS. THE MOST BULLFIGHTY SONG IN THE ENTIRE MUSICAL LEXICON. SUSANNA REID WAFTING LIKE HER LADYPARTS WERE AFLAME. YAAAAH. STAREDOWNS LIKE TWO PRO WRESTLERS WHO'VE JUST SPOTTED THEIR MORTAL ENEMIES HOLDING THEIR WIFE'S GARTERS. OLÉ, YA GIT!

That, my friends, is WORKMANSHIP. None of your "new spin on it" malarkey, none of that rubbish. He went and did the MOST PASO DOBLE a PASO COULD POSSIBLY BE. Even if he actually killed a bull using a big sword live on the telly it would STILL NOT BE MORE PASO.

MAKES ME BLOODY PROUD TO BE BRITISH, and I say that as a dirty lefty Britain-hating scumbag!

Mr. Fromgrimsby, Ms or Mrs Reid - I salute you both!

:D
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really, really loved that Paso to a quite unreasonable degree. I think it was how utterly mental it was, compared to the milquetoast pisstake efforts of the other pros.

Like, for a while now it's been a running joke on Strictly - ooooh er, how're you gonna do the big scary Spanish bull dance - and you get stuff like Richard Armchair mincing around as a zombie, or Iveta's disco-spaceman thing, or Ashley's cowboy thingy, and it's all a bit, like, well we know we're ballroom dancers but even we're too cool to take this silly bull thing seriously so it's going to be either a gimmick or ironic detachment kthx and you end up with these self-consciously zany approaches to what usually is a bit of a nothing dance.

BAM

95lbs of glitter, lurid Spandex and spring loaded pipe cleanrs is going to BOUNCE AROUND LIKE A BASTARD because THIS IS A GODDAMNED PASO DOBLE YOU WRETCHES! AND HE IS GOING TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT'S HIS JOB. He has spent the series looking like a nice teenager who's decent enough to dance with his mother at a cousin's wedding, and then BAM this week they are replaced by a couple of horny murderers! Stalking! Bouncing! Flips! Spinning! A big cape! THE MOST SPANISH OUTFITS. FLAMENCO BREAKDOWNS. THE MOST BULLFIGHTY SONG IN THE ENTIRE MUSICAL LEXICON. SUSANNA REID WAFTING LIKE HER LADYPARTS WERE AFLAME. YAAAAH. STAREDOWNS LIKE TWO PRO WRESTLERS WHO'VE JUST SPOTTED THEIR MORTAL ENEMIES HOLDING THEIR WIFE'S GARTERS. OLÉ, YA GIT!

That, my friends, is WORKMANSHIP. None of your "new spin on it" malarkey, none of that rubbish. He went and did the MOST PASO DOBLE a PASO COULD POSSIBLY BE. Even if he actually killed a bull using a big sword live on the telly it would STILL NOT BE MORE PASO.

MAKES ME BLOODY PROUD TO BE BRITISH, and I say that as a dirty lefty Britain-hating scumbag!

From Oicho Throw in the 'OMG - Kevinfromgrimsby' thread. Post of the week I reckon. :D

Edit: He had some bold in his text but I couldn't carry it over ...
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,871
    Forum Member
    Sorry I am not sure how to post a post in a different thread.

Oicho Throw from OMG Kevin from Grimsby OMG

BAM

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I am not sure how to post a post in a different thread.

Great minds and all that! :D

Oh poppy (above) and poena (below) also had the same nomination!:D
  • Options
    PoenaPoena Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just about to post Oicho Throw's take on KFG's paso.........Got beaten to it, and then some...:D:D
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,871
    Forum Member
    LOL three of us at the same time ( except you two did it properly) I think that confirms it as post of the day and possibly the series if Oicho thread hasn't discharged his nib completely with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL three of us at the same time ( except you two did it properly) I think that confirms it as post of the day and possibly the series if Oicho thread hasn't discharged his nib completely with that.

That's four of us!:D
  • Options
    Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Kaereste on the "Bruce's backhanded compliment" thread, regarding Bruce's comment to Mark that he danced the jive well for a man of his size:

Mark should have responded that Bruce's presentation is not too bad for a senile, tactless old has-been.

:D (btw, how do you quote from one thread to another? I couldn't work it out so copied and pasted instead)
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    oicho throw...:D

great nomination, especially compared to some of the often rather grim and political nominations that seem to serve as auxiliaries in the fan wars genre...
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »
    From Kaereste on the "Bruce's backhanded compliment" thread, regarding Bruce's comment to Mark that he danced the jive well for a man of his size:

Mark should have responded that Bruce's presentation is not too bad for a senile, tactless old has-been.

:D (btw, how do you quote from one thread to another? I couldn't work it out so copied and pasted instead)

Go to original thread, press Quote under the relevant post.
    Go advanced.
    Highlight entire post in box and right click- press copy.
    Go to POTD thread.
    in reply box, right click and press paste.
    Add your own comment.

And Robert is your Aunt's husband!
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »

Easiest way is to Quote the post in the original thread then copy & paste the lot on here. That way you keep the link to the original post too.