Options

Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j0anne wrote: »
    and again that's from both sides supporters assume he was personally invited I assume the founder may be a tad busy to invite individually call me a synic ..on that I agree good for any charity

Charities Peter supports.

http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/peter-andr

Does it really matter who invited him? He was there, but as nitpicking seems to be the cause du jour...go for it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charities Peter supports.

http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/peter-andr

Does it really matter who invited him? He was there, but as nitpicking seems to be the cause du jour...go for it. :rolleyes:

and the respect you demand is shown how ? ...when it is declared he was personally invited do I not have a right to reply because it is nit picking? oh the irony:rolleyes:
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    and the respect you demand is shown how ? ...when it is declared he was personally invited do I not have a right to reply because it is nit picking? oh the irony:rolleyes:

It really doesn't matter in the slightest how he went the point is, he turned up with Emily and did what was asked of him to raise the profile of the charity.

Here we are, talking about it, what more proof is needed.

I can look back to when I was working for the CEO of a large studio complex in London. He backed a charity which he was full on in the running of it, so it is not in every case the founder only plays lipservice, I can attest to his knowing about every aspect of his charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    It really doesn't matter in the slightest how he went the point is, he turned up with Emily and did what was asked of him to raise the profile of the charity.

Here we are, talking about it, what more proof is needed.

I can look back to when I was working for the CEO of a large studio complex in London. He backed a charity which he was full on in the running of it, so it is not in every case the founder only plays lipservice, I can attest to his knowing about every aspect of his charity.

did I not say that

Originally Posted by j0anne View Post

and again that's from both sides supporters assume he was personally invited I assume the founder may be a tad busy to invite individually call me a synic ..on that I agree good for any charity
  • Options
    Forum Member
    did I not say that

Originally Posted by j0anne View Post

I wouldn't call you a cynic, Joanne, but we just don't know, do we about the circumstances of the invite.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    So the host (whom he was pictured with) actually invited Pete?! Good on him then, better than buying your way there like a lot of celebs. Plus at least he got invited :D

Not to quibble, Badcat, but all invitees to these gala events pay for a ticket or a table. An 'invite' is an invitation to buy a ticket and will be extended to large mailing lists. That's how the bulk of the money is raised, that's the point of having a fundraiser in the first place. :) So I'm sure PA did too as there's absolutely no glory in getting in for free. I've been involved with numerous ones and even those on the gala organising board pay for their tickets. And even when an uber-special celeb is invited (a freebie), they usually offer an eg. auction prize or a donation anyway to 'pay their way'. Just sayin'.

Also, there seems to have been a good few CANettes there so maybe they bought a table. All good, all for charity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if he has an OK Xmas spread planned with the kids. They are getting too grown up for the Xmas outfits.

Doubt it will be as tasteless as the "Our first Xmas at home alone" one. I hadnt realized just how the PR wheels were spinning at that time.

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/Peter-Andre-My-first-Christmas-without-Katie-Price
  • Options
    Holly_EvansHolly_Evans Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Wonder if he has an OK Xmas spread planned with the kids. They are getting too grown up for the Xmas outfits.

Doubt it will be as tasteless as the "Our first Xmas at home alone" one. I hadnt realized just how the PR wheels were spinning at that time.

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/Peter-Andre-My-first-Christmas-without-Katie-Price

2009? Do you not have anything later to bring up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who 'demanded' any respect? He deserves some for supporting the charity, as you said yourself

or should he be slated just because he's Peter Andre? Other celebs were there - Eva Longoria, Nicole Scherzinger, the truth is we don't know if any of them were personally invited by John Caudwell but he, Peter and Emily look quite friendly here.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-andre-pregnant-girlfriend-emily-2809064
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by Brighton Bhelle View Post

Pro and anti Andre posters are never going to agree, but those who don't like him need to have some respect for those who have an opposing point of view. As I expect you've seen, some posts have been removed.

It's not an appreciation thread, but it's not exclusively for dislikers either.

YOU demand respect and NO he doesn't deserve respect just for turning up....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I only ask - I've never used the word 'demanded' - the respect due as a fellow human being, and not to have snide remarks made.

He is creating publicity for the charity just by turning up, as are the rest of the celebs who did. And as you said yourself, that's a good thing.

Just one point. Could you please learn to quote properly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by Brighton Bhelle View Post

Pro and anti Andre posters are never going to agree, but those who don't like him need to have some respect for those who have an opposing point of view. As I expect you've seen, some posts have been removed.

No he doesn't deserve respect for just turning up but for pledging and showing his support :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There you GO pity you do not practise what you preach :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad that some were under the impression that Andre had been delivered a special invitation by a powder wigged horseman, when the procedure to these events are pretty common knowledge, its bad enough that he, by his own expression, was not feeling very special on this occasion, was also forced to stand on a big step to get his pic taken:o wonder if thats what JC was laughing at :D
    While poor Emily of the beautiful smile could only dress like a fourteen year old off out with her dad to his works do because it was Amy Childs turn to wear Cans latest evening dress :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »

First xmas of their parents being apart, and this is what he did, those poor kids, youve got to be pretty vile to come up with something like this, just no excuse
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems strange to just pop in here and see people scratching each other's eyes out over Peter Andre.

He always seems such a pleasant fellow.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    First xmas of their parents being apart, and this is what he did, those poor kids, youve got to be pretty vile to come up with something like this, just no excuse

This years twist will be ..." Our first Christmas as a family " filled with pictures of Pete Emily and his 2 kids playing happy families over a Christmas dinner and around the tree..exchanging gifts no doubt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad that some were under the impression that Andre had been delivered a special invitation by a powder wigged horseman, when the procedure to these events are pretty common knowledge, its bad enough that he, by his own expression, was not feeling very special on this occasion, was also forced to stand on a big step to get his pic taken:o wonder if thats what JC was laughing at :D
    While poor Emily of the beautiful smile could only dress like a fourteen year old off out with her dad to his works do because it was Amy Childs turn to wear Cans latest evening dress :D

Apart from the horseman he was actually invited as a supporter of this charity and a friend of John Caudwell as were Boris Becker and his wife and many others :)

If the procedure of this is common knowledge why did you get it so wrong in your post before this one?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sad that some were under the impression that Andre had been delivered a special invitation by a powder wigged horseman:D

It was really Jesus that delivered it wasn't it? :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, no it was the Angel Gabriel :D
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dont you mean 'cheesus' :D.....the name my granddaughter gave to the baby when she was five years old and played Mary in the nativity. :rolleyes::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This years twist will be ..." Our first Christmas as a family " filled with pictures of Pete Emily and his 2 kids playing happy families over a Christmas dinner and around the tree..exchanging gifts no doubt

It is what every house in this country will be doing so nothing unusual there, except for thinking there is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    It seems strange to just pop in here and see people scratching each other's eyes out over Peter Andre.

He always seems such a pleasant fellow.

We know and agree,:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    We know and agree,:)

no you don't unless you KNOW him "seem's" being the operative word and is subject to interpretation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    no you don't unless you KNOW him "seem's" being the operative word and is subject to interpretation
    I know it seems strange to others, that was what my reply meant, as it seems strange to me as well.
    That old interpretation word again.
This discussion has been closed.