Options

Stop the Joey Show NOW

Comments

• Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I really hope this happens but they may not want to be not popular with the public with speaking out against him. So I do hope at least one of them does!!
    Matthew Wright above all others in there truly doesn't care what people (the public) think about him. I think he cares about his fellow camp-mates and their welfare (and maybe what THEY think of him) but he's of the mind that if the public vote him out - they vote him out (he's fully aware of the 'marmite' effect he has on people - he's been aware of it for the 10 years his show has been running.)

It'll be sad case for us fans of course as he'll be one of the first voted out and this will be the first IAC I've not watched until the end - because as far as I'm concerned - Matthew is one of the few truly interesting ones in there at the moment (David is too - but he may be one of the first out also).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I watch it on Tivo or on-demand, and then fast-forward through the Joey bits...

Trouble is ... then you just get the opening and closing titles!
    :mad:
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's annoying, I want to know more about the other camp mates. If anyone dares to criticise Joey, the biased panel are up in arms, Matthew said criticise Joey for 'putting on an act' straight away they said Matthew the biggest game player etc.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,659
    Forum Member
    Matthew Wright above all others in there truly doesn't care what people (the public) think about him. I think he cares about his fellow camp-mates and their welfare (and maybe what THEY think of him) but he's of the mind that if the public vote him out - they vote him out (he's fully aware of the 'marmite' effect he has on people - he's been aware of it for the 10 years his show has been running.)

It'll be sad case for us fans of course as he'll be one of the first voted out and this will be the first IAC I've not watched until the end - because as far as I'm concerned - Matthew is one of the few truly interesting ones in there at the moment (David is too - but he may be one of the first out also).
    I don't think Matthew will be first out. In a positive vote, the ones who go out first are the 'invisible' ones.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I don't think Matthew will be first out. In a positive vote, the ones who go out first are the 'invisible' ones.

Its a vote to save.

David will be in trouble and Annabelle. People with very little or no fanbase at all.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Kim_Bolton wrote: »
    Aren't they roughly the same age? Do you perhaps see that because Amy is being the adult and he's being the child (ie., her showing him how to tell the time)?

No, he looks really really young, and she's very womanly. From the first time minute i saw her i thought in normal circumstances he would not stand a chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    It will be in their pre arranged contracts to flirt together...
    In real life i dont think any proper girl would think twice at getting with someone that empty...
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kate03 wrote: »
    Is it even possible to get thicker than thick? Answer: Yes. With Joey Essex it is. Next we'll find out he hasn't been toilet trained and still in nappies :eek::D

I reckon the next 'revelation' will be......He doesn't know who Shakespeare is!! Has to be done, it's the norm for the 'Joey Essex' type.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Markingham wrote: »
    In real life i dont think any proper girl would think twice at getting with someone that empty...

Well any girl with anything about her certainly.
  • Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »
    Personally, I watch it on Tivo or on-demand, and then fast-forward through the Joey bits...

Trouble is ... then you just get the opening and closing titles!
    :mad:

lol :P
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markingham wrote: »

I also cannot see what is attractive about someone that looks, sounds and appears to think like a ten year old boy.
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    I also cannot see what is attractive about someone that looks, sounds and appears to think like a ten year old boy.

and not an appealing one at that!
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well any girl with anything about her certainly.

probably why all his girlfriends come from TOWIE, in a way it's good that we have all the vacuous bastards in one place so we can keep an eye on them :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    probably why all his girlfriends come from TOWIE, in a way it's good that we have all the vacuous bastards in one place so we can keep an eye on them :cool:

Oh yes:D
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even the facebook page is about Joey Essex, the posts include, the romance, Joey Essex hair watch, a gallery of JE :yawn: I've read some of the comments and it does seem some are fed up of the Joey Essex show.
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member

I have to agree with you. I'd also like to see more of Steve Davis, Kian and Laila.

I was so fed up with the Joey show last night I shut the TV off and sent an email to ITV. What really annoys me is that Joey - like Mark Wright - will probably get his own TV show.
    No discernible talent just a 'charm' that would suit a 14-year old. Really fed up with IAC this year.

I really hope the oldies stay in and Amy is the first out. Other 'celebs' might get some airtime then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    I have to agree with you. I'd also like to see more of Steve Davis, Kian and Laila.

I was so fed up with the Joey show last night I shut the TV off and sent an email to ITV. What really annoys me is that Joey - like Mark Wright - will probably get his own TV show.
    No discernible talent just a 'charm' that would suit a 14-year old. Really fed up with IAC this year.

I really hope the oldies stay in and Amy is the first out. Other 'celebs' might get some airtime then.

Me too but I won't hold my breath:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen as its the Joey show and the rest of the camp dont get a look in youd expect from the tons and tons of spare footage they have what they did show of the others would be brilliant. But if "oom pah pah" is the best thing they can pick out to show then no wonder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, I've also sent ITV an email.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »

Who we never see because they are too busy showing their favourite pretending to be thick.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, I've also sent ITV an email.

How about one to the spin off show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    How about one to the spin off show?

Go for it if you're not happy. I'm personally happy watching it because I can't take my eyes of Laura Whitmore, so anything else on there is irrelevant.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first year I've switched it off because I really can't stomach the TOWIE bellend.

It's a shame because I'd love to see how some of the other contestants get on, but thus far they've barely got a look in. :(
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    There's one who dominates each year. You get over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    docman wrote: »
    There's one who dominates each year. You get over it.

Yes and they don't always win.