Options

If DS was a school....

Comments

• Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    I'll be the one that writes on desks and sawing the edge of them with a ruler. :D
    I did that in the 4th form, carved all sorts of stuff onto my desk, then a friend and I dug a big hole into my desk using protractors. Girl next to us told the Head, and we were called in to see her. My friend thought the interview we had with the Head was ok, and nothing more was said.

..and if anyone in the world has that desk I want it back. :D
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone linking threads to the Daily Mail would be forced to undergo 'diversity training' and beaten with rolled up copies of the Guardian until they think they way they are supposed too.

Not sure if you're on the same thread as me but I take it you are drawing a parallel between DS and a public school? Yes, I can see the similarity. All those spartan living conditions, a lack of parental love, abandonment issues and fagging for the big boys. (And I mean that 'fagging' in the public school sense). Being taught by unqualified teachers, made to run round the sports field in a vest, whilst the teachers drink claret and laugh at us...
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nine-twenty ! :D

(Makes paper aeroplane, and writes on wing...pssst, what does Nine-twenty mean?) ;)
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Detention :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    If DS was a school, General Discussion would be taking place outside the Headteachers office, with all of us sitting in line waiting to face the music!

It'd be like 'Kes' where the little lad that goes to the Head with a message ends up being caned...:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    where the little lad that goes to the Head with a message ends up being caned...
    Sounds like my school days.
    Oh right, you meant that sort of caned.:o

Still applies :D
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xp95 wrote: »
    What do you think the General Discussion forum would be the equivalent of? :D

the teachers lounge
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Approved school.........
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    Remedial class for the illiterate and the utterly clueless who cannot read or comprehend, cannot spell simple words like one or too (no, I don't mean two!), string a sentence together, construct an intelligible thread title or opening post, communicate a topic or coherent argument, manage their personal hygiene or carry out daily tasks such as putting on their trousers or socks without seeking advice and help, although naturally they are far too clueless to be able to find the Advice forum.

Thank you for application for the position of perfect. You will be informed of our decision in due course.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,841
    Forum Member
    Thank you for application for the position of perfect. You will be informed of our decision in due course.

Clever word play. (I think).
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Balls. Note to self: if you're going to try and be a smartarse, do a cursory spell check before pressing 'post'...
    Now in keeping with the thread topic, I will write out the incorrect word 100 times.

Prefect
    Prefect
    Prefect
    Prefect
    Etc...etc..
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom of the league tables because the intelligent pupils were being held back by the disruptive kids who don't want to learn and try to rule through bullying.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Balls. Note to self: if you're going to try and be a smartarse, do a cursory spell check before pressing 'post'...
    Now in keeping with the thread topic, I will write out the incorrect word 100 times.

Prefect
    Prefect
    Prefect
    Prefect
    Etc...etc..

:D:D:D
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a school the way some go on about you can not post this that or the other on here, picking people up on spelling,proper grammar, still it all adds to the fun of DS :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Bottom of the league tables because the intelligent pupils were being held back by the disruptive kids who don't want to learn and try to rule through bullying.

Sounds like you're describing my old school.:D

DS would be a school in Special Measures.
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grange Hill, mainly as there are a lot here who would like to thrust a sausage in someone else's face.

- Pollyanna Prisspot, schoolmarm.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when you're naughty they make you post in that stupid ctam thread (& be the 1st to do it) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Prefect
    Prefect
    Prefect
    Prefect
    Etc...etc..

Oh, how I laughed. :D:D

Now you have to go stand in the corridor where everyone can see your shame. :p
  • Options
    xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    the teachers lounge
    The headteacher would be "DS Forum Support". :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    The sixth form common room.

I would be the one standing outside with my ear pressed to the door to see what really goes on in that secret sixth form common room having left school long before then. :(
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,841
    Forum Member
    2+2=5 wrote: »

Shut up speccy four eyes.
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    (Makes paper aeroplane, and writes on wing...pssst, what does Nine-twenty mean?) ;)

John Cleese played a Headmaster in the film "Clockwise" and anyone that he spotted misbehaving had to be outside his office at 9:20am that morning / the next morning.

So, he did a lot of shouting "nine-twenty!" at people.
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Not sure if you're on the same thread as me but I take it you are drawing a parallel between DS and a public school? Yes, I can see the similarity. All those spartan living conditions, a lack of parental love, abandonment issues and fagging for the big boys. (And I mean that 'fagging' in the public school sense). Being taught by unqualified teachers, made to run round the sports field in a vest, whilst the teachers drink claret and laugh at us...

I do sort of see what you mean, but I was thinking it more of a correctional facility run by the uber-politically correct where anything such as gender-specific terms meet with harsh punishments.

It would be probably run by lesbians. Ugly ones that look like blokes.
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be wearing the shortest skirt I could get away with (and ride it higher when I could.....) :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Chatter would be "special needs".

I post in chatter a lot :o:D
  • Options
    xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I post in chatter a lot :o:D