Options

No Way...Shocking.

Comments

• Options
    acantheacanthe Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I like Ben, think he's a really nice guy and there have been moments when he's moved well but mostly I really don't understand the marks he's been getting, particularly from Craig of all people. His jive was overmarked awfulness, last week three other guys did half the dance for him and this week was all cheese and lifting. Mark entertains and he may not have a bounce action but he still dances. I'd far sooner watch Mark than Ben. If Mark had been dancing against anyone other than Ben, I'd have said it was time for Mark to go but against Ben, I think they made the right decision.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caducea wrote: »
    So weird I could almost believe it's a fix, although I'm sure the BBC wouldn't do that. Agree with most of the comments above. Very disappointed, especially after Len's first words on Saturday, about how they're going to start getting picky. All we hear Mark getting praise for is how much fun he is (which I don't see) while other dancers are picked up on the slightest thing. It makes no sense.

Good 6th post in almost two years...:D:cool:
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acanthe wrote: »
    I like Ben, think he's a really nice guy and there have been moments when he's moved well but mostly I really don't understand the marks he's been getting, particularly from Craig of all people. His jive was overmarked awfulness, last week three other guys did half the dance for him and this week was all cheese and lifting. Mark entertains and he may not have a bounce action but he still dances. I'd far sooner watch Mark than Ben. If Mark had been dancing against anyone other than Ben, I'd have said it was time for Mark to go but against Ben, I think they made the right decision.

Craig is clearly super shallow hence the marks he was dishing out to Ben just so he could watch more of him week on week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben was much like Fiona - accepted his fate as soon as his name was called and I think both he and Fiona made obvious mistakes in their dance off performances because of that which led to them being eliminated.

Mark and Ben were the weakest left but it was just that Ben made more errors.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,215
    Forum Member
    So sad to see Ben go, what a sweet guy.

That is the biggest ovation that I can remember when a contestant left, and what a gracious loser. :)

I shall really miss him. :cry:
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judge's made the right decision. Ben made two very obvious mistakes in a dance that was poor to begin with. Mark danced better in the dance-off and as Ben said, he was on borrowed time, so it wasn't that surprising.

No Mark did not dance, he has never danced since the beginning of the competition, he cannot dance. He walks around in a robotic motion. He may be entertaining to some, popular with others but a dancer he is not, nor if he was here for 50 weeks, ever will be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Worst decision is SCD history are you people actually serious, these two guys are both pretty much on the same level and Ben made mistakes in the dance off.

Spot on!
  • Options
    diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's funny, because Ben hasn't done any of that for eleven weeks.

Lol you are so right. I can't understand the outrage, Ben went wrong so many times he looked like his heart wasn't in it. Kristina harps on about the fact that Ben started off with no dancing experience but to be honest he still hasn't got much more after 9 weeks.

It's not personal he seems like a nice bloke he just can't dance
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For years viewers have moaned that the dance off was irrelevant and the judges always saved the best couple overall, except this year they are making viewers happy by actually judging based on the dance off. Well I suppose that's how it is meant to go.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    No Mark did not dance, he has never danced since the beginning of the competition, he cannot dance. He walks around in a robotic motion. He may be entertaining to some, popular with others but a dancer he is not, nor if he was here for 50 weeks, ever will be.

Agreed.
  • Options
    valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point is Mark could never do what Ben did, not in a million years. Disgusted. Mark should have gone long before this anyway.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    Oh come on it was down to the number of mistakes and Ben made loads. Kristina does alot if distraction dancing. I specifically watched Ben after someone pointed that out and they were right.

I'm not saying Ben is a great dancer (he would be my pick to go next week) but from week one there HAS been improvement, unlike Mark who has barely progressed at all and simply lumbers about the floor and really should have gone a month ago.

Fair play to Mark though, it's not his fault if the judges keep putting him through, despite CRH best efforts to get rid of him, LOL. :D
  • Options
    valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »

Totally agree!
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocking, really? It would have been shocking had Mark been saved over someone like Sophie or Patrick. But honestly, Ben is terrible. He's only lasted as long as he has because he's considered a "hunk", he's only very marginally better than Mark. He'd has have probably been voted off next week anyway.

Some people really need to get some perspective!
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one was more shocked than Mark - I like the guy but he should have gone tonight.

A cynic might think it suits the judges to have Mark as their get out of jail card in the dance off.
  • Options
    allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst decision is SCD history are you people actually serious, these two guys are both pretty much on the same level and Ben made mistakes in the dance off.

Agreed. If Mark had gone this week Ben would have gone next week......all that has happened is the order is different. In the grand scheme of things it really does not matter.
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valezio wrote: »
    The point is Mark could never do what Ben did, not in a million years. Disgusted. Mark should have gone long before this anyway.

What? Lifting and walking? That's what most of Ben's part of the dance was. He danced far less than Mark this week.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A cynic might think it suits the judges to have Mark as their get out of jail card in the dance off.

Yes, I suspect that's what it is, but of course, just because Mark has been in three consecutive dance off's it doesn't mean he won't turn in a funny ("entertaining") routine next week and get through on the public vote leaving the judges to have to get rid of one of the better dancer.

I suspect that's why CRH has tried to get rid of him for past two weeks, LOL.:D
  • Options
    Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    davidphi wrote: »
    Darcy looked like she was in tears at the end and exclaiming to Len in the background - didn't look happy at all!

But she voted for Mark in the dance-off and also gave him one more point in the main show. She should be happy.

I was a Ben fan, but I think he and Kristina paid the price for playing the beefcake card one too many times. If he'd done a fully-dressed funnier Charleston a la Chris Hollins, he would have stayed.
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the right decision.
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A ridiculous result.

Mark lumbers around like an elephant in thee room! But without the grace.

Week after week he has simply walked to music. Naively we here thought it was supposed to be all about dancing.

None of his performances were 'entertaining' as Len keeps claiming.

Get rid of this smoke candidate before the semi-final.

But surely it's a good result because next week if he's in the dance off again, a good dancer won't get thrown out.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    The judge's made the right decision. Ben made two very obvious mistakes in a dance that was poor to begin with. Mark danced better in the dance-off and as Ben said, he was on borrowed time, so it wasn't that surprising.

I also agree with the judges decision. Ben's timing was awful in places, as well as his mistakes.

Mark will be leaving soon enough, but tonight he was the better dancer.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    But she voted for Mark in the dance-off and also gave him one more point in the main show. She should be happy.

I was a Ben fan, but I think he and Kristina paid the price for playing the beefcake card one too many times. If he'd done a fully-dressed funnier Charleston a la Chris Hollins, he would have stayed.

Agreed they over did the hunk thing, although this is Kristina who likes being naked herself so hardly a shock she would try and mask his lack of ability with sexiness.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    jules1000 wrote: »
    This isn't right Ben is much better than Mark.

But he wasn't tonight. Kristina will insist on putting those intricate lifts in. Iveta's been the sensible one.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see what's so shocking about somebody who can't dance being eliminated from a dance competition.