Options

Dermot not happy?

2»

Comments

• Options
    etamineetamine Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got people nagging him in his ear about time and Rough Copy were taking their sweet time hugging Hannah despite the fact they'd see her backstage in a minute or so. I'd be annoyed too if I was getting bollocked over them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    etamine wrote: »
    He's got people nagging him in his ear about time and Rough Copy were taking their sweet time hugging Hannah despite the fact they'd see her backstage in a minute or so. I'd be annoyed too if I was getting bollocked over them!

Exactly - it's live telly, RC were fannying around and he wanted Hannah to have her time. I do think he was a bit upset at the result though, and fair play! Part of Dermot's charm is his seemingly genuine compassion and care for the contestants.
  • Options
    p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    Dermot handles it well. It's an incredibly difficult gig with a lot of unpredictability. If you're too forceful the viewers hate you for it but if you don't get the stage cleared then you fall off the air, as he memorably shouted at Louis one year when he was taking too long to make a decision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Was he interviewed on Xtra Factor Sunday night? That's when you get the best indication of how he's really feeling.
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    He moved them apart because he has to keep the show moving - it's live television. Same reason why he presses Louis for an answer in the sing off when he starts prattling on. It's his job.

He wouldn't need to if there wasn't so much filler in the show. An hour for about 2 minutes actual action.:mad:
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    He wouldn't need to if there wasn't so much filler in the show. An hour for about 2 minutes actual action.:mad:

Very true!
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot got forceful when he was trying to pull RC away from Hannah. It looked more like he had beef with RC than anything to do with Tamera tbh.

I'm glad someone else noticed. Any more forceful and it would've been assault...
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was he interviewed on Xtra Factor Sunday night? That's when you get the best indication of how he's really feeling.

Yes he was, and he didn't seem any different to any other week. I suppose I wasn't looking that closely or for anything specific though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    @Popjustice
    RT @mattpark: Dermot just came on stage in the ad break all furious and told the audience off for booing Tamera. Love him.

Somebody needs to get over themselves :rolleyes:
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seemed to like Hannah a lot.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member

He explained that the show would have ran into IACGMOH.....and he didn't want that. ..hence hurrying up Louis too!!!
  • Options
    p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    Problem is TV relies on a lot more automation than it used to, and everything is planned down to the last second. All the adverts for all the different regions are programmed in, ITV has to alert STV, UTV and TV3 in Ireland of their plans.

If it becomes blatantly clear that things are going to go wrong then if there's enough warning those behind the programme can arrange an overrun. However, they need to be really sharp with that request. Presumably this is what Simon Cowell did when Hollie famously messed up her song on Britain's Got Talent.

This report of when ITV had to cut off a Jose Mourinho interview at exactly the wrong time sums it up: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/01/itv-jose-mourinho-real-madrid

Dunno what happens if they overrun and don't say. I doubt the ads would pop on screen, but given ITV's previous automation disasters, it's best not to chance it.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beagle2 wrote: »
    I know that, and he does it every week - but this week he looked forceful with Rough Copy, moreso than any other act.
    I thought last week Dermot man handled Sam Callahan. he pushed him away after Judges comments, usually he gives a little hug.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor without Dermot wouldn't be the same - he is Mr X Factor!!
    He started off poorly but he has come into his own with this presenting role - they shouldn't remove Dermot unless he goes on his own accord