Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 55)

Comments

• Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Ah Cylon you beat me to it! Great rating for Last Tango.
    Last Tanto is a great show good to see it do well. Next week it faces IAC?
    Not bad for "the third soap" either...
    Good to see it get 8m on a Tuesday. When was the last time that happened in overnights?
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Who needs Samuel when we have you!!! :D
    Seriously thanks for doing the roundup. As I said yesterday EE turnaround is astonishing as it was pretty moribund just a few weeks ago and it looked like it would take months to even catch ED.

Monday's EastEnders was the best November rating fir two years? That's a real surprise!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "@overnightstv #showmethetelly watched by 1.1m/11.1% vs BBC1 #paulhollywood #piesandpuds with 1.3m/13.9%"
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Show Me The Telly" is fairly embarrassing telly.
  • Options
    southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any figures for The Wright Stuff with Richard Madely in the chair?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    "Show Me The Telly" is fairly embarrassing telly.

Is Richard Bacon doing a good job as host?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "@mediaguardian: Last Tango 6.3m/27.6%, Holby 4.8m/21%, Arsenal v Marseille 3.4m/14.8%, MasterChef: Profs 3.2m/14.1%, O/C Cleaners 2.2m/9.4% #tvratings"
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Is Richard Bacon doing a good job as host?

I don't think he is doing a bad job but you have to wonder why they didn't just use Chris Tarrant as host instead of having him on the Celeb team. Overall the show imo just seemed a bit boring, not a bad watch but Inot very exciting.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bad for "the third soap" either...

And these are still Lorraine Newman episodes according to the credits:eek:
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a534131/eastenders-kat-alfie-moon-reunion-seen-by-81m.html

19:30 Eastenders - 8.09m (35.8%)
    * highest Tuesday rating since January
    * highest November Tuesday rating since 2011

20:00 Holby City - 4.85m (21.0%)

19:00 Emmerdale - 7.24m (34.1%)
    * +1 121k

13:45 Doctors - 1.54m (22.6%)
    13:45 Neighbours - 616k (8.9%)
    17:30 Neighbours - 937k (5.8%)
    18:00 Home & Away - 682k (3.7%)
    18:30 Hollyoaks - 1.1m (5.5%)

18:30 5* Home & Away - 454k (2.3%)
    19:00 E4 Hollyoaks - 726k (3.4%) +1 220k
    22:30 BBC3 Eastenders - 655k (4.5%)

Eastenders really on a roll right now. Amazing how fast it has upped the ratings from being behind Emmerdale every episode for a month during October. It was against 15mins of football last night too.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good ratings for all the soaps yesterday, although I thought Holby might have seen a bigger rise with the heavily trailed introduction of John Michie.

Nice rise for LTIH opposite CL football, will obviously fall back next week opposite IAC.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »

I've started watching again recently and it has vastly improved on where it was only a few months ago. I was surprised to see Newman still credited as it feels like a different show.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Great for EE, I've been a big naysayer of the show this year but I'm genuinely glad it's picking up. It was a good ep in theory though it left a sour taste that circular couple Kalfie's latest happy ending came in the wake of his innocent new bride being left devasted.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »

Yes I think she deserves some credit as these must be her storylines but the on screen appearance and feel of the show has changed which must be the new producer - unless of course anyone knows better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I think she deserves some credit as these must be her storylines but the on screen appearance and feel of the show has changed which must be the new producer - unless of course anyone knows better.

No. That's pretty much it. ;)
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So ITV drop an episode of Im A Celeb which rates at 10 million for some Football that rates at 3.4 million.

Move the Football to ITV 2/3/4.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they only have 5 weeks in the can. Maybe they are saving some for the Christmas holidays?
    And don't forget that 5 weeks of Pointless is 25 episodes, far more than a normal weekly run of any programme.

And I am sure that they have swapped from current to repeat episodes before, I recall last year (I think it was) when the HD eps switched back to SD repeats.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope. Dominic Treadwell Collins only oversaw these episodes being filmed. Lorraine Newman chose the directors, signed off the scripts etc which is why she is still credited. I know some on here don't understand how it works but that pretty much it.

Dominic Treadwell Collins first episode is 9th of December. These episodes will be the first he signed off as executive producer. :) However keep a look out as its possible he maybe co credited on 5th along side Newman's name.

However real credit for the uptake recently has to go to both Kyla Miller and Sarah Beeson. ;)
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So ITV drop an episode of Im A Celeb which rates at 10 million for some Football that rates at 3.4 million.

Move the Football to ITV 2/3/4.

Won't be a problem whatsover in a couple of years.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    35.8% share for EastEnders - that's the best since...? Must be ages. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he is doing a bad job but you have to wonder why they didn't just use Chris Tarrant as host instead of having him on the Celeb team. Overall the show imo just seemed a bit boring, not a bad watch but Inot very exciting.

I expected Tarrant to be the host but it looks like it's working for now. Nothing will ever beat Telly Addicts of course! :D
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Nope. Dominic Treadwell Collins only oversaw these episodes being filmed. Lorraine Newman chose the directors, signed off the scripts etc which is why she is still credited. I know some on here don't understand how it works but that pretty much it.

Dominic Treadwell Collins first episode is 9th of December. These episodes will be the first he signed off as executive producer. :) However keep a look out as its possible he maybe co credited on 5th along side Newman's name.

However real credit for the uptake recently has to go to both Kyla Miller and Sarah Beeson. ;)

But that would beg the question why after months of poorish episodes they have suddenly changed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dave01 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a534131/eastenders-kat-alfie-moon-reunion-seen-by-81m.html

19:30 Eastenders - 8.09m (35.8%)
    * highest Tuesday rating since January
    * highest November Tuesday rating since 2011

20:00 Holby City - 4.85m (21.0%)

19:00 Emmerdale - 7.24m (34.1%)
    * +1 121k

13:45 Doctors - 1.54m (22.6%)
    13:45 Neighbours - 616k (8.9%)
    17:30 Neighbours - 937k (5.8%)
    18:00 Home & Away - 682k (3.7%)
    18:30 Hollyoaks - 1.1m (5.5%)

18:30 5* Home & Away - 454k (2.3%)
    19:00 E4 Hollyoaks - 726k (3.4%) +1 220k
    22:30 BBC3 Eastenders - 655k (4.5%)

Eastenders really on a roll right now. Amazing how fast it has upped the ratings from being behind Emmerdale every episode for a month during October. It was against 15mins of football last night too.

A good night for the soaps but the EastEnders stats about best Tuesday in two years show how far it fell and how long the fall was. That BBC3 repeat rating is one of the best it has had in months.
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,636
    Forum Member
    But that would beg the question why after months of poorish episodes they have suddenly changed?

Many on the Soap Forums simply refuse to accept this is Newman's work. Although there is a transition period, it seems over the past month DTC has been overseeing as said above. The main fact is unless we work there, which none of us do on here, then we simply have no idea.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Newman messed around with too many new series story producers. Sarah Beeson, who's work you are seeing now, joined in May. Its taken a while for her work to take off(September was when her ideas hit the screen) but what you are seeing now are her storylines.

However she too has been replaced now by Alison Davis(brought in under DTC shake up) who makes her debut Christmas week. Bit of a shame to lose Sarah but Alison has a rich CV.

:)
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    35.8% share for EastEnders - that's the best since...? Must be ages. :)

September 3rd it hit 35.8%. June 25th last time over 35.8% when it got 36.2%
This discussion has been closed.