Options

XB1/ PS4 review scores

Comments

• Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Is the new Kinect much better then the original or is it pretty much the same with no revolutionary changes? I've read it sees you in the dark and is more sensitive but other then that..

It can see your penis:

http://pixelenemy.com/xbox-one-kinect-sensor-is-now-so-powerful-that-it-can-see-your-penis/
  • Options
    LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    I think Aus/NZ are too small of a market share for any issues to be found that fast anyway IMO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is wrong with that?That's called an opinion. That is how a forum works. How is this me caring what somebody has bought? And I make that point as somebody who has not bought or preordered any next gen console. Is that the best you can do?
    I'm not buying it, sorry. I think it's pretty clear you do care :D.
    Moggio wrote: »
    Forza 5 runs at 60FPS AND 1080P, yeah, but you'd hope so considering graphically it's nothing particularly special, and certainly looks far worse than the target renders MS were pimping at E3.
    The graphics were praised a lot by reviewers. It's slim pickings with the launch line-ups. Forza 5 is the only exclusive I would actually buy. Dead Rising 3 looks a lot of fun but I would probably find it boring after a while.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smudged wrote: »
    I'm not buying it, sorry. I think it's pretty clear you do care :D.

ok kid, whatever makes you feel better.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital Foundry frame rate test on Ryse. Seems to vary between 26-32 fps for the most part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Qib67ObcE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok kid, whatever makes you feel better.
    Yeah, carry on with what makes you feel better :D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    No review on Xbox Fitness? Whats with all the bias towards games? Come on tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read a preview about Ryse a while ago, they missed a QTE and the character blocked an attack anyway. He asked one of the devs if it was a bug, and was told 'we don't want the players to be frustrated' So it basically plays itself, any interest I had in the game was lost. But recently I heard better things about it, so wasn't sure which way the reviews would go. It sure does look nice though.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets see if the Xbox One can "hang" with the PS4. The XB1 launch was good, but I expect Sony's to be even bigger.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any rumours of a next gen portal game ? Would love that and what they could maybe do with the extra horse power.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IGN Zoo Tycoon review is now up after it was delayed: 5.5/10

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/23/zoo-tycoon-review
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    CPU
    Xbox One = 8 core AMD Jaguar APU running @ 1.7ghz
    PS4 = 8 core AMD Jaguar APU running @ 1.6ghz
    It's rumoured that the XBox One reserves two cores for its two non-game OSes, and the PS4 only reserves one core. If that's true, it suggests PS4 games have 7/6 * 1.6/1.7 = 10% more raw CPU power available, rather than being 1.6/1.7 = 6% behind.
  • Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The install times on the XBone look shocking?

http://kotaku.com/installing-xbox-one-games-takes-way-too-long-1471191836?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow
    Need For Speed Rivals:
    XBO: 09:25 (including update)
    PS4: 00:32

Just Dance 2014:
    XBO: 08:48 (including update)
    PS4: 00:45

NBA Live 14:
    XBO: 16:26 (including update)
    PS4: 00:35

FIFA 14:
    XBO: 16:06 (including update)
    PS4: 00:34

Madden 25:
    XBO: 9:38 (including update)
    PS4: 00:38

Assassin's Creed IV:
    Xbox One (offline, no update): 5 minutes 50 seconds
    Xbox One (with update, fastest connection): 7 minutes 2 seconds
    Xbox One (with update, 10Mbps connection): 10 minutes 32 seconds
    PS4: 42 seconds
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    It's rumoured that the XBox One reserves two cores for its two non-game OSes, and the PS4 only reserves one core. If that's true, it suggests PS4 games have 7/6 * 1.6/1.7 = 10% more raw CPU power available, rather than being 1.6/1.7 = 6% behind.

Perhaps, but most of all the raw power is provided by the GPU.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That to me reads like the X1 is installing most the game first but the PS4 is installing very little and perhaps running part of the game from disc while installing the rest.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,401
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    That to me reads like the X1 is installing most the game first but the PS4 is installing very little and perhaps running part of the game from disc while installing the rest.
    I was watching an IGN show last night & they said that load times were also very slow & felt the reason could be that it has a slow HDD installed which made it a bigger pain that the internal drive can't be changed for a faster one.

http://youtu.be/lyCpu3UOg-M?t=10m21s
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Ign gave the ps4 a higher review score than the x1. Not that it matters all that much it's just the right place to mention it!
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plenty of people were brave enough to give Ryse a go.

Any Xboxers taking a chance on Fighter Within?
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Giving review scores to consoles is quite petty. You dont factor in the long term potential of any machine in such scores. A platform at the end of it's lifecycle can be an entirely different beast than at the beginning.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching an IGN show last night & they said that load times were also very slow & felt the reason could be that it has a slow HDD installed which made it a bigger pain that the internal drive can't be changed for a faster one.

http://youtu.be/lyCpu3UOg-M?t=10m21s

That can't be the reason - what kind of HDD is *that* slow? Differences in HDD speeds are marginal. I suspect Red Arrow is near the mark.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Any rumours of a next gen portal game ? Would love that and what they could maybe do with the extra horse power.

Rumours of any Valve game is like trying to get blood from a stone. The accepted thinking seems to be L4D3>HL3> whatever after that. Probably Portal 3, they are only just beginning to milk CS:GO for all it's worth.
  • Options
    Anime_FanAnime_Fan Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    I suspect Red Arrow is near the mark.
    He may be when a game is been played while installing, However once the game is fully installed & loading times are still very slow then there is something else going on.

looking at some teardown pics of the xbox one its got a Samsung/Seagate ST500LM012 Spinpoint M8 hard disk installed (ST500LM012 HN-M5).
    http://cdn2.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/iFixit-Xbox-One-Hard-Drive.jpg

that hard disk is on the slower end of the scale.
    http://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd_lookup.php?hdd=Seagate+ST500LM012+HN-M5&id=3163
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anime_Fan wrote: »
    He may be when a game is been played while installing, However once the game is fully installed & loading times are still very slow then there is something else going on.

Has someone compared loading times of both systems once the games are fully installed?
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I read that once installed. Ie run for 2nd time that both systems were pretty much the same
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I thought I read that once installed. Ie run for 2nd time that both systems were pretty much the same

To be honest once the games are installed I've not really noticed long loading screens on the X1. Especially with the instant resume feature, one of the best and least talked about it seems.