Options

Tom Daley reveals he is in gay relationship: 'I couldn't be happier'

Comments

• Options
    Janey BJaney B Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Disturbed wrote: »
    They only have themselves to blame, swooning over him because of his 'hot looks' and 'hot body'. It must be nice for Tom to have finally found someone who wants to know him at a personal level, rather than wanting him for the goods.

Instead he will have gay men "swooning" over him :D
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    There is nothing funny about what I said. No matter how strong your belief may be about something, without proof, you do not know for sure. Many people had suspicions about Tom's sexuality. Very strong ones. They hadn't heard it from the horse's mouth, so to speak, and so they did not know.

Horse was busy kicking Dappy in the face :eek: You are right of course, without an authoritative answer it's all just guesswork.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck Tom, he's a lovely good looking young lad and I don't think it will affect his career at all because he was so highly regarded. I just hope he gets some privacy and that the press don't hound him now
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    There is nothing funny about what I said. No matter how strong your belief may be about something, without proof, you do not know for sure. Many people had suspicions about Tom's sexuality. Very strong ones. They hadn't heard it from the horse's mouth, so to speak, and so they did not know.

you do crack me up

thanks for a good belly laugh made my day
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you do crack me up

thanks for a good belly laugh made my day

If I ever find myself in court, I'd hate to have you on the jury.
  • Options
    Camp FreddieCamp Freddie Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    i'm straight. i'm in a relationship with a girl.

Please be aware that the term "straight" when referring to hetrosexuals was in response to homosexuals being referred to as "bent" ( As in "bent as a nine bob note !" ) This in itself was in reference to the pre decimal currency note which actually did not exist, thus it was "bent". Sorry to be pedantic but you have to keep the PC brigade happy on here.Good to know he`s out the closet, though not surprised. :D
  • Options
    Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    When's his new show out?
  • Options
    Default_UserDefault_User Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is all very well Tom, but what we really want to know is who is going to be appearing in the new series of Splash.
    I hear Harry Hill needs the exposure.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the statement it seems possible that this is actually his first boyfriend, which might explain his previous coyness on the subject given he's been assumed to be gay for years.
  • Options
    LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
  • Options
    DanCleggDanClegg Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Worst example of the use of the word brave in a sentence ever!

I mean big deal, someone who is so clearly gay finally admits it to the astonishment of absolutely nobody anywhere. Still, nice bit of publicity for someone who's been out the limelight for a while and does nothing more than dive into water for a living.

Yeah you basically fail as a human being. How utterly mean-spirited and cynical.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    If I ever find myself in court, I'd hate to have you on the jury.

i dont believe having a big chip on your shoulder is criminal offence
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Please be aware that the term "straight" when referring to hetrosexuals was in response to homosexuals being referred to as "bent" ( As in "bent as a nine bob note !" ) This in itself was in reference to the pre decimal currency note which actually did not exist, thus it was "bent". Sorry to be pedantic but you have to keep the PC brigade happy on here.Good to know he`s out the closet, though not surprised. :D

there is a debate as to whether the etymology of a word can make it unacceptable even after it's usage has become common. some people will maintain that hundreds of years and when it's original meaning has been lost to history it's still not acceptable.

i am not one of those people. if my gran refers to someone of mixed race as half cast i'm not going to explain that if you look at the derivation it's not pleasant because she means it as she means it. and i don't think there is another accepted term for the hole in the end of your penis.

you've got to look at intent and i really don't care if anyone who isn't me or someone i want to sleep with is gay, straight or anywhere in between. and as such will continue to use the word straight regardless. it's history is not my history.
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DanClegg wrote: »
    Yeah you basically fail as a human being. How utterly mean-spirited and cynical.

So you judge me as a failed human being from one post in a forum for speaking nothing more than the literal truth about a Z lister informing people, via the media, something which everybody already knew and cared little about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DanClegg wrote: »

what you just said is the worst thing i have read in this thread.

not everyone agrees with you. it doesn't justify that. at all.
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what so he's in a relationship with a man but he's not gay? WTF
  • Options
    RussJRussJ Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Tom Daley has come out of the closet revealing that he is in a gay relationship.

I can see all his female fans tearing those photos off the wall. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RussJ wrote: »
    Tom Daley has come out of the closet revealing that he is in a gay relationship.

I can see all his female fans tearing those photos off the wall. :rolleyes:

there are a couple of other threads on this in showbiz.

one poster noted that he does say specifically that he is still attracted to women and suggested that this line was carefully chosen for the reasons you give.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, and slightly cynical, that he felt the need to throw a bone to his female fans and claim bisexuality.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    Reading the statement it seems possible that this is actually his first boyfriend, which might explain his previous coyness on the subject given he's been assumed to be gay for years.

It's really sad, that people have pondered over the sexuality of a teenage boy. He is 19, right? So people have been talking about his sexuality from when he was 16-17? Sounds horrible!
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Interesting, and slightly cynical, that he felt the need to throw a bone to his female fans and claim bisexuality.

BIB - :D:D:D
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,240
    Forum Member
    dont see how its brave

its not like anybody didnt know

I should imagine that you are straight, otherwise you would know just what a brave step Tom has taken.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always find it hugely hypocritical when so many on DS obsess over the sexuality of some celebrities then claim it doesn't matter, but that they "just want to know".

In an ideal world, nobody would have to come out because we'd all just be who we are and get on with our lives.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,240
    Forum Member
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Worst example of the use of the word brave in a sentence ever!

I mean big deal, someone who is so clearly gay finally admits it to the astonishment of absolutely nobody anywhere. Still, nice bit of publicity for someone who's been out the limelight for a while and does nothing more than dive into water for a living.

Just because he appears gay to others does not necessarily mean that he was aware of it himself. I certainly didn't realise about myself at 18.

It was probably meeting his new partner which helped him understand his confused sexual feelings.

Tom needs all the support he can get at this difficult time, not cynical, negative comments. It is a big thing coming out, even in these supposedly enlightened times.