Comments

• Options
    GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    OMG.... Has the site been hit by a virus? :eek:
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I like light grey schemes, but you really should have worked on it a bit more before loading it onto the site
  • Options
    Simon_ChewSimon_Chew Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Definitely seem to be in the minority as I think the new layout and design is much better than the old one.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frillynix wrote: »
    Seriously ...is there some wsy of resetting my tablet?

I literally cant go to the last page and the buttons
    are cut off on the right
    Cant read the whole screen

I've just switched to the mobile version. I can now read the whole page and navigate.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mobile Style looks better on my 15.6" laptop.

Zoom settings all messed up otherwise and cannot get how I want.
    Even with NoSquint in FF.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The white header at the top which stays there when one scrolls is FAR too big and obtrusive.

Add to that all the unnecessary grey space and it's shockingly bad tbh.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can something be so bright and yet so grey at the same time? This doesn't make any sense!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I suppose this a ruse to get rid of oldies like me. All those new kids on the block that they are pandering to, the ones that go on Buzzfeed and whatever that other thing was called, will be welcomed with open arms, no doubt.

Because they certainly don't care what us current lot of members want.

P.S. Sorry, but all my remaining posts are going to be in bold, because I can hardly see the bloody things otherwise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Why does the menu bar stay at the top, annoying.
  • Options
    solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Can't see the right of the screen, & it won't let you scroll across, on a smartphone.

I know what you mean Westy2. The older DS was alot slicker and user friendly for any device, but with new tweaks and improvements comes a lengthy process to get the balance right. I agree about the colour layout being bland, but the idea is ok. It just needs to befit mobile phones and older models of pbones, PC's and laptops as well as becoming adaptable for Androids, the latest iphones/Kindle Fires and tablets. I use my Wii U mostly to view DS, but have switched to the mobile version of DS in order to get to where some of the old links were. At the momemnt the quote to reply to threads is where it needs to be on the mobile setting, whereas the desktop one seems to be lost. And the only way to view Forums on the Deskop setting is by scrolling to the bottom of the page. I'm not giving up yet though, as at least it functions, even if a little half-heartedly.
  • Options
    staticmanstaticman Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Why no separate link to the forums at the top?

Its been a nightmare trying to get to the Sat forum!:mad:
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The new Digital Spy article design

As always, we're extremely grateful for your feedback. You can send your thoughts to us at product@digitalspy.co.uk and we'll endeavour to get back to you as soon as we can.

This is the first step of many. We're thankful for your loyalty and hope that you'll enjoy the changes.

I have used the email to send my thoughts.

Basically this re- design is a disaster on my iPad. Cannot read right hand side at all. Also the whole thing hurts my eyes!

Really hope you can sort it otherwise I will not be able to continue with DS :(
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its hurting my eyes!!!! Too much white and the font is terrible - its blurs :confused:

Although as i have no RIGHT SIDE to the page i can't bloody read it anyway.

Please change it back. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE IT! There's much less space because of that frickin' bar at the top!
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    This is horrendous. Simply awful in fact words cannot describe this travesty. Another AV website that I visit for technical information has also recently had a makeover and that has been much criticised but compared to this one, it's marvellous.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking at it on my iphone and it cuts off the right hand side of screen. So can't read long posts. Also there is too much dead space under a post.
  • Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    000Mark000 wrote: »
    Why don't you place a P45 button on the irritating, oversized and obtrusive menu bar, then your 'in-house design team' can do us all a favour and click on it!

They'd not be able to find it as the scrolling is disabled. :p
  • Options
    solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    staticman wrote: »
    Why no separate link to the forums at the top?

Its been a nightmare trying to get to the Sat forum!:mad:

My thoughts exactly staticman.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful, it's really difficult to read but I can't put my finger on it...

I'm using the mobile skin instead, far better!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS this is horrible:mad: It feels like a step backwards!! Not easy to look at at all and it's put me right off of using this forum. Please change it back, it's gross:(:(
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I like the new design I just hate the colour scheme for the forum - a white background in the text boxes and something akin to the old blue colouring would make it much better, I find I can't look at it for too long at a time.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The new Digital Spy article design

As always, we're extremely grateful for your feedback. You can send your thoughts to us at product@digitalspy.co.uk and we'll endeavour to get back to you as soon as we can.

This is the first step of many. We're thankful for your loyalty and hope that you'll enjoy the changes.

LOL :eek:
  • Options
    D.PageD.Page Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG. I saw the posts saying about it hurting people's eyes and I didn't take much notice. I've been on DS for 5 minutes and I now totally get what people are saying. How do you just 'get used to it' when my eyes are straining? It's not something you can control - whether your eyes strain or not!
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Dreadful, difficult to read and hurts the eyes.
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,925
    Forum Member
    Absolutely foul
This discussion has been closed.