Options

Forum design feedback

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    The irony being is that a similar colour style is used on the pop down menus within the main site when you hover any of the sections within the header.

I know, you pick the colours and you continue it throughout the site. Stick to a them and don't change it when you get to the forum.

Make the forum match the redesigned site. I did't have time to check the hex colours for the menus etc but just picked the closest to them off the top of my head.

It's an awful, awful redesign. Reminds me of architects, like to draw pretty pictures but have no clue how things work in reality.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far too much white space which is starting to give me a headache. Can't stand all the grey either, it's boring. Only being able to see 1 (or 2 if I'm lucky) posts at a time is a nightmare & makes reading forums more time consuming.

Hate the main DS links for Showbiz etc stuck at the top. There's no need for it to be stuck there. If you really want folk to be able to get to those bits quickly if they're at the bottom of the page, add a 'scroll to the top' button.

Took me ages to find the navigation bit to be able to go back to 'General Discussion', 'Forums' etc. For those who can't find it, scroll right to the top of the page. Above 'User CP' it says 'DS Forums', the navigation bit is above that.

I've had to go back to using Internet Explorer as trying to view it on Chrome is even worse. There isn't the option to jump to the first unread post. There's no way to tell which forums you've read & which ones you haven't. If you use ad blocker on Chrome the navigation bit disappears all together.

I'm all for change but this is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a made on my nexus 7. Had to switch to mobile site just to use it.

Top banner ad is obscured by the menu bar and the top square add is cut off on the right. Paying sponsors will be thrilled.

When I zoomed in so I could click on this thread the menu just expanded all over the screen. Useless.

One minute the phage was too narrow with odd bits leaking out, the next it was too wide with um reachable content.
  • Options
    stesupforitstesupforit Posts: 4,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This must be the fastest moving thread of all time. 52 pages of negative feedback. I bet Tom Miller wishes he called in sick today. Lol
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry DS, but I do not like this at all.

I appreciate trying for a different look and different branding, I read the article in the Guardian yesterday. I'd respectfully suggest trying again with a different look.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I seem to be able to view the forum correctly in full now I've switched to the mobile site, but I've never liked the mobile site which is why I use desktop.

I complained and was basically told use the mobile site on my iPad or not at all. I can hardly see what I am typing,
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new version is RUBBISH.

Appallingly Bad Design 12 year old designed it ? ... 3 days to sort it then I'm gone.

At least TWO THIRDS OF THE PAGE is taken up with "stuff" before I see the many body threads and posts, I have to scroll down..

And why is there a white gap for ONE THIRD of the width of each page, on both sides.

It is an abomination.

3 Days to revert back or sort it... before I leave.

I see only two posts per page, if I'm lucky, then I have to scroll down.

Screen is 1920 x 1080 resolution.
    Firefox on an iMac
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    This is how mine looks too. Using firefox and an ad blocker.

I'm running Waterfox with AdBlock+, it's still the same even with AdBlock+ disabled.
  • Options
    dreamtoppingdreamtopping Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    This is just awful it is hurting my eyes and giving me a headache :(. Please DS will you revert it back to the old layout.
  • Options
    fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris1978 wrote: »
    This is dreadful. On I-pad there is no right hand bit to the screen, I can't read the right bit of posts. The screen just cuts off. As I use DS. On ipad only while I'm watching tv if it isn't sorted I will no longer be looking at or using DS.

Yep I'm on iPad Air and can't see right side on the forums section now :mad:
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    I complained and was basically told use the mobile site on my iPad or not at all. I can hardly see what I am typing,

What?!!

Pull the other one DS! It's an iPad! You should be able to use the full site. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes you've got to stand up and say you made a bollocks of it and try again differently .

This is one of those times :(
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    On the mobile site, you can't see how many posts each poster has made. I like this functionality and miss it.
  • Options
    Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hideous. Sorry to be so blunt, but it really is hideous.

The grey is very hard to look at and comes across as very masculine which is a bit off-putting to (some) women - well, ok, me!

The old features which remain, eg the reply & quote buttons, don't match the new look.

The font when you type a message looks really old fashioned and cheap.

I had to reduce the font size to even be able to see the right hand side of the page.

Sorry, I want the old site back.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Is anyone getting what I get? - when you post a comment, the screen goes black (their black background I mean) and it takes up to twenty seconds to see the posted comment?
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Awful, what a depressing colour!
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helix wrote: »
    For those who are confused about the breadcrumb links - you should see this: http://i.imgur.com/Duur9F9.png

As Digital Spy didn't do enough browser and resolution testing the menubar is rendering incorrectly for some people meaning that can't see the breadcrumb links.
    Ah, I can't see that. And I'm on 1920 x 1080 using Chrome, so not exactly obscure.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    WE THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM DETEST BEYOND ALL DOUBT THIS APPALLING, SHITE DESIGN AND UPGRADE TO DS. WE DONT LIKE IT, WE DONT WANT IT, WE CAN'T USE IT, WE CAN'T EVEN READ THE DAMN THING:mad: SO DO THE RIGHT THING AND CHANGE. IT. BACK. NOW.

Please don't speak for everybody. Some of us quite like it!
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    is comics news gone for good?
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »

Oh that's a nice of them isn't it? Ask for feedback then get arsy when people tell the they can't view the page properly :rolleyes:

People using iPads or any tablets shouldn't have to use the mobile site.

I know the mods don't like criticism but this time they've made a massive cock up of epic proportions and should do something to rectify it.
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Good riddance DS, you just killed your website.

Now ban me.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    is comics news gone for good?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Is anyone getting what I get? - when you post a comment, the screen goes black (their black background I mean) and it takes up to twenty seconds to see the posted comment?

yes posting on a live programme was a nightmare, it took forever, then madly scrolling about trying to find where you had reached as it took you to some random page in the thread
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried the mobile version on my iPad but it keeps switching back.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Please don't speak for everybody. Some of us quite like it!
    And they can be counted on Abu Hamza's hook-hand.
This discussion has been closed.