Options

You've had our feedbback

Comments

• Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My shopping list is pale blue background with black text, font Arial size 9.

The owners won't be able to give a forum where everyone is happy, all they can do is tweak and tinker over the next few weeks to try and improve things for the better. Unfortunately, they can't please everyone, nor should they have too. The masses have said that it's shite, hopefully the team aren't arrogant enough to not take that on board, but essentially they can do whatever the hell they like and are only answerable to themselves given as it's a private site.

They need to strike a balance however as the more active users there are, the more the advertisers will be drawn to the site. Unless there is a mass exodus of the forums, the only detriment is the adsense they are running as the sponsors will be more interested in the site content as opposed to a forum which is a bolt on.

Quite simply, I'd just be much, much happier with a lot less white/ brightness. That'd do!
    :cool: <<<< These begin to itch after a while.
    I feel like I'm 'crossing over'! :o

#Aaaargh...DON'T go towards the light- stay away from the light....
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, not that one, in that post he said he was aiming at the poster he quoted before but his post is showing no quote :amildlyconfusedlookingsmile:

edit: ah, 13. edit again: i mean in post 5.
    No, you're right, I'm wrong, I didn't quote him. :)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    The forums are only ever as good as the membership they attract that's why, without happy posters the ads mean nothing as no one will see them. So they keep us in the dark and unhappy at their own risk. People are already asking where else they can go when that starts it really can be the beginning of the end of a forum even one as big as this.

DS already helped us in that respect when they said in an article they need to keep up with other similar sites like Mashable (and another I've forgotten but it had Buzz in its name).

Maybe we should all head there instead. :)
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, not that one, in that post he said he was aiming at the poster he quoted before but his post is showing no quote :amildlyconfusedlookingsmile:

edit: ah, 13. edit again: i mean in post 5.

Ooops, sorry! Don't know whether I'm coming or going in this light! :cool::blush:
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    gashead wrote: »
    No, you're right, I'm wrong, I didn't quote him. :)
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Ooops, sorry! Don't know whether I'm coming or going in this light! :cool::blush:

i wasn`t sure if it were me or ds :smile-ican`tseewhattheyareontheright:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    Everyone deserves a response..whats the matter with you?, DS survives by its members, any feedback should be forthcoming, not ignored. Its not a bloody "divine right"..its an accepted right to expect queries etc to be at least acknowledged. Have you visited Harrys shop recently...its called "I saw you coming!", you'll love it! ;)
    At some point, maybe, but this soon? It's only been 24 hrs or less! I blame Twitter. People have got so used to spouting off about every little thing that bothers them, then expecting an immediate knee-jerk response. Whatever happened to giving people reasonable time to address the issues and making a sensible, considered response?
  • Options
    will_dearbornwill_dearborn Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm only one member but I am thinking of quitting, yes I have been a long time member too, but I feel it's only when it's too late DS will realise what a terrible howler they've made.

It's truly horrible, totally un-user-friendly, and garish, and glaring.

The fonts and headers are worse, the smileys are small and with zero character and most are all yellow ZX-81 jobbies.

What was a splendid Forum, seems to have lost it's soul in an instant.

I like DS for the people and the environment, the environment is no longer the same - it's changed beyond all recognition...

:D:D
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This doesn't show unless you zoom out,

Home > Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion > You've had our feedbback

Fix this please
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At some point, maybe, but this soon? It's only been 24 hrs or less! I blame Twitter. People have got so used to spouting off about every little thing that bothers them, then expecting an immediate knee-jerk response. Whatever happened to giving people reasonable time to address the issues and making a sensible, considered response?

It should not have been a case of "too soon". This should at the very least have been developed and tested off line and then put forward as a beta site for those wanting to try it and comment. They clearly haven't done this or they wouldn't have ended up with something so poor and with so many bugs.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Well Channel 5 is a private company and they treated (and do) their viewers like dirt when they took over Big Brother. Their attitude was to arrogantly ignored the very people who they used to attract advertisers.

No surprised when the viewing figures and general interest in BB fell through the floor.

Sadly now DS has gotten way too big for it's boots and don't care who they annoy as if some leave, more will be along to replace them. I hope they are right as if not, that sort of attitude can cripple a site.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member

Yes I've seen that on twitter where one person sits there shouting everyone else down. And can't see that they are doing what they are moaning about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    It should not have been a case of "too soon". This should at the very least have been developed and tested off line and then put forward as a beta site for those wanting to try it and comment. They clearly haven't done this or they wouldn't have ended up with something so poor and with so many bugs.
    I totally agree, but they obviously didn't and now they know they've fecked up, so all the more reason for us to 'allow' those involved to fix things properly. The worst thing anyone involved could do is read the responses and yell "Back it out, back it out now !".
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Digital Spy,

You've had our feedback.

When is someone in authority going to respond?

There's nothing wrong with the changes. Embrace the changes and get on with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

there`s a lot wrong with them if you can`t read anything without getting a headache or using one of the poster-provided alternatives and the rest of it doesn`t work, is missing or obscured by an enormous banner.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    there`s a lot wrong with them if you can`t read anything without getting a headache or using one of the poster-provided alternatives and the rest of it doesn`t work, is missing or obscured by an enormous banner.

The headaches are intentional, a new age of interactive advertising. Can't you see the ads for Anadin Extra? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really don't share your difficulties. People don't like change, that's the problem.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. Where do I sign up. :s:p
    I had to scroll over those smilies to see what they were :D Jeez, the text in this reply screen is so small I can't see what I'm typing, queue the spelling/grammar squad :p. So glad I do my smilies the old-fashioned way (colon D, etc)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really don't share your difficulties. People don't like change, that's the problem.

then you have no idea what anyone who does is complaining about have you. it`s not disliking change, it`s being unable to read the bloody posts or use the facilities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    then you have no idea what anyone who does is complaining about have you. it`s not disliking change, it`s being unable to read the bloody posts or use the facilities.

Specs Savers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Specs Savers?

a guide dog would be more use.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,038
    Forum Member
    when advertisers start pulling their business, they`re not interested in owt else, that much is evident.

Sadly I think that advertising will win over the opinion of the members. :(
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not suprised you like with that username ;).
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member

How am I supposed to embrace the changes when I can't use the site on my ipad anymore (and I know about the mobile site -it's not nearly as good as using the desktop site) <angry red smiley>
  • Options
    guypdguypd Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You people seem to forget that DS isn't just a forum. It's an entertainment website and maybe their KPI analysis shows that most of their user traffic reads the website and not the forums.

Maybe the forum is like a piece of pepperoni on their 12" pizza in terms of importance.

You mean this website?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/

Yeah, I can see how the advertisers would say that's a real improvement, LOOOOOOOOL.

If possible, it's worse than the forum.
  • Options
    will_dearbornwill_dearborn Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just try looking at the post number for your post for example, it's like you are saying people are seeing things...

It says #43 - all you can really see now is # because of the bizarre colour scheme, if you screw your eyes up yes you can see the numbers, yes.

What a perfect world where we all get used to screwing our eyes up to read posts, and saying, "it was our fault along!"

Tssshhhh!

:D:D