1234568»

Comments

• Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rae_Amury wrote: »
    Oh, so you haven't changed a bit since high school... nice :rolleyes:

English is not my first language, that's how I meant it. And I have never told that I won't reply to comments and digs directed at me personally. I have stated that I don't want to discuss the Geldof-Paula-Michael relationship and custody battle anymore and want to withdraw from that. Hope it's clear enough now ;)

Crystal. :D

But as long as the thread stays active and I feel like I want to contribute, I will.

The thing is the 'custody battle' and the 'relationship problems' are years old news. It's not current anymore, therefore as far as I can see, there is no harm in discussing it now. It's a retrospective view on how people who were not involved i.e. us on this messageboard viewed the situation and we're just giving thoughts & opinions years later and our take on it! No biggie really.

But if you no longer want to contribute, then I totally understand and respect that.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Anyone remember when the BBC's all-star version of Perfect Day was released shortly after his death people complained because they thought it was him singing the line "you just keep me hanging on", when it was actually Evan Dando?

Was that released on CD? or is there a Youtube link as I'd like to hear it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember when the BBC's all-star version of Perfect Day was released shortly after his death people complained because they thought it was him singing the line "you just keep me hanging on", when it was actually Evan Dando?

My husband always thought it was too, I knew it wasn't and have only just found out who it actually was. Got me thinking tho.. why wasn't it Michael, would have been so cool
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the audio from an INXS concert played live on Sydney's 2JJJ in October 1980, this is from the time when they were experimenting with direction.
    I got this from a friend on a facebook group I belong to where we discuss Michael and the band as we are all of that vintage :o and all grew up in the same region, went to the same schools, lol.

http://youtu.be/zW3Y2KLvh9Q?t=2s
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    I have been a Michael/Inxs fan since the early 80's and the amount of crap I've read about him over the years since his death in unreal.

The coroner stated it was suicide and that is a fact. Michael was depressed and in turmoil that morning. The press used the sex game gone wrong angle to squeeze the last bit of money out of the man by selling there papers. The facts were never reported extensively.

Video below is Michael in 1997 on TFI Friday. This is how much Michael changed over a short period of time. Bloated and tired looking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnj1pg9SNZ8

And this is how i prefer to remember him..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-I5xX_BFk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a Michael/Inxs fan since the early 80's and the amount of crap I've read about him over the years since his death in unreal.

The coroner stated it was suicide and that is a fact. Michael was depressed and in turmoil that morning. The press used the sex game gone wrong angle to squeeze the last bit of money out of the man by selling there papers. The facts were never reported extensively.

Video below is Michael in 1997 on TFI Friday. This is how much Michael changed over a short period of time. Bloated and tired looking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnj1pg9SNZ8

And this is how i prefer to remember him..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-I5xX_BFk

He definitely committed suicide. Not planned just a total spare of the moment thing. Under the influence of so many different substances and all the problems in his personal life just came to a head. Such a shame he just couldn't hold on, especially when he'd not long spoken with Michele that morning and she arrived to see him not long after their tearful phone call.

I too was/am a long time fan. I remember watching TFI that night as I knew Michael would be on. His appearance did change terribly in such a short space of time, however I don't think he looks ** too** bad here. Not his best, but I seen him looking worse. What I can really notice is that he seems to be lacking in self confidence at that particular time. I read somewhere (of course it might not be true!!) that he'd just left a massive ding dong of a fight at the hutchence/Yates/geldof houses that night at tea time before he went on the show. No wonder his head was melted!!

I watch LBL occasionally when I want to reminisce - boy he was really on fire that night!!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Kylie bonked Evan Dando too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    I think this explains everything and not the perceptions of the press at the time which did not carry the real facts.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/michael-hutchence-death-explained-the-coroners-account-in-his-own-words/story-fni0fee2-1226812958130
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,283
    Forum Member
    Archangel wrote: »
    Kylie bonked Evan Dando too.

Can't blame her for that. Back in his prime he wasn't exactly ugly.
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Hutchence was my first 'singer crush' (ever since I first heard 'Need You Tonight' and found myself totally mesmerised by him in the video), the other one being Kurt Cobain...I'm not going too well in the crush stakes really :blush:

Michael was an amazing performer, he had sex appeal, charisma, looks, voice...he had it all, except emotional stability.

I never blamed Paula for Michaels death, with or without her it would have happened sooner or later imho.

Michael was beautifully flawed & music lost one of its brightest stars when he died.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know if the mini series, Never Tear Us Apart, will be shown in the U.K? The reviews sound quite good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Hutchence was my first 'singer crush' (ever since I first heard 'Need You Tonight' and found myself totally mesmerised by him in the video), the other one being Kurt Cobain...I'm not going too well in the crush stakes really :blush:

Michael was an amazing performer, he had sex appeal, charisma, looks, voice...he had it all, except emotional stability.

I never blamed Paula for Michaels death, with or without her it would have happened sooner or later imho.

Michael was beautifully flawed & music lost one of its brightest stars when he died.

I agree. I think things with Paula and all the messy stuff that came with that just sped up what was the inevitable. Michael was never the same after that head injury and I just don't think he ever really fully recovered mentally or emotionally from that. Had all the stuff with Paula happened and but he hadn't of gotten that injury a few years earlier, who knows? Maybe he would have been able to cope a bit better and have some sense of clarity of the whole situation.

I was lucky enough to get watching the mini series that's being shown on Oz at the moment (the joys of the internet) and loved it. It's a drama rather than a documentary so it feels a bit soapy but I still loved it. Part 2 will be good, but I'll be watching with a heavy heart as we all know the ending:(
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the mini series, Never Tear Us Apart, will be shown in the U.K? The reviews sound quite good.

I just came here to ask that too! :)

Anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    I just came here to ask that too! :)

Anyone?

Tim and Chris Murphy are coming to the UK soon to try and sell/promote it I think.

I went onto Facebook and managed to watch part 1. I loved it. Just reading some comments now about the 2nd part which has just finished airing a couple of hours ago in Oz. People are posting they were in bits watching it:(
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Oooh I do hope so, I think they'd be mad to turn it down given the coverage it's already getting here without being shown. My computer struggles to watch youtube clips so I don't think it would stream tv shows. Fingers crossed that a UK channel buys the rights to show it.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Tim and Chris Murphy are coming to the UK soon to try and sell/promote it I think.

I went onto Facebook and managed to watch part 1. I loved it. Just reading some comments now about the 2nd part which has just finished airing a couple of hours ago in Oz. People are posting they were in bits watching it:(

Oh no, I'd best have a box of tissues at the ready :cry:

I'd be amazed if Sky didn't snap it up...or maybe someone will upload it to Youtube.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The relationship was doomed from the beginning, I remember when it all kicked off. These two clearly loved each other deeply, but also loved the darker side, of drug taking. I believe MH tired of Paula and the baggage she brought with her. Paula could see the end of the relationship and there was no way back for her to Bob. She fell pregnant and MH stuck it out. In addition to the end of her marriage, and leaving her girls behind, she was heavily into drugs, found out that her dad was not Jess Yates, the love of her life was faltering, she was a new mother, and then disaster befalls her in the most wicked of ways, MH ends his life. An un wholly mess all round, no winners in it at all, except for the fact Tiger still has family and sisters. Which considering how bad things did get, its a small miracle
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Nor me, but I would blame him for her death
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the 2nd part of NTUA, I got a bit teary at the end, Michael singing and footage of them when they were young. I got all emotional:cry:
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    The relationship was doomed from the beginning, I remember when it all kicked off. These two clearly loved each other deeply, but also loved the darker side, of drug taking. I believe MH tired of Paula and the baggage she brought with her. Paula could see the end of the relationship and there was no way back for her to Bob. She fell pregnant and MH stuck it out. In addition to the end of her marriage, and leaving her girls behind, she was heavily into drugs, found out that her dad was not Jess Yates, the love of her life was faltering, she was a new mother, and then disaster befalls her in the most wicked of ways, MH ends his life. An un wholly mess all round, no winners in it at all, except for the fact Tiger still has family and sisters. Which considering how bad things did get, its a small miracle

She found out Hughie Green was her father after Hutchence died. I remember she said the only comfort she had was imagining Jess Yates and Hutch jamming together in heaven. I believe that tipped her over the edge.
  • Options
    kxkkxk Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    This will get sold around the world I imagine, 1st part is such fun.

And I cried buckets last night, especially the real bits in front of Wembley and snippets at the end.
    Oh he was so very beautiful.

A lot of it is great, some cheesy bits, some actors not as effective.
    The leads are all terrific.

And now we are getting all kinds of new interviews and a documentary with the real members next week.

I loved INXS, lived in WA when they were doing their formative stuff. and everyone LOVED that first album.
    They were so damn fine live.
    And MaxQ - loved that stuff too.
    Plenty of people go nuts if they lose their sense of smell and taste - to creative artists, it must be like hell.
    People everywhere forget about his head injury.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Tina em 'Hutchence' is at her work again. Just watched her most recent interview.

I think it’s pretty obvious there would have been pretty jealousies along the way. MH was definitely the instantly recognizable face of INXS but AF pretty much wrote most of the music.

I don’t think the band could have made it without MH, but then I don’t think MH would've have made it without the band, either.

According to Tina, MH was INXS but apparently they've also focused on him too much in the miniseries?:confused:

Everyone who followed INXS (and even if you didn't - the papers printed lots of stuff anyway)knew that MH loved woman, sex and drugs, knew he had a bad head injury which affected him deeply and knew that things started to deteriorate pretty badly from 95 onwards. This story isn’t telling any new revelations on MH - it was stuff that was already out there in the public domain.

I thought the miniseries was a bit soapy and cheesy in some parts. But enjoyed in nonetheless.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that he was all over the DM yesterday, most of the comments on the article were attacking Bob Geldof for keeping Tiger away from her grnadmother. The article did not mention that she did see her uncle and grandfather when he was alive. Only the grandmother who if she had her way would have had her in the papers every week if she had gone there to live.

Bob has only ever had that little girls best interests at heart. Seems that he has done a great job as she seems well grounded and she has been able to grow up without the media in her face at every turn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    I see that he was all over the DM yesterday, most of the comments on the article were attacking Bob Geldof for keeping Tiger away from her grnadmother. The article did not mention that she did see her uncle and grandfather when he was alive. Only the grandmother who if she had her way would have had her in the papers every week if she had gone there to live.

Bob has only ever had that little girls best interests at heart. Seems that he has done a great job as she seems well grounded and she has been able to grow up without the media in her face at every turn.

You know, after seeing Tinas interview, it really drives home, why BG decided it would be in her best interests to not spend to much time, if any with certain family members, doesn't it?

Tina says in that interview that she has heard Tiger doesnt have a very good opinion of her father. Sorry, but I don't believe that.