Options

Forum design feedback

Comments

• Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The text appears to be black now instead of muddy grey. Maybe that explains why the forum backgrounds don't appear to be so glaring though.

It seems "heavier"....the individual characters' "strokes" seem wider....but it's still varying in colour for me :(

And the white background hasn't actually changed, I've been toggling between windows to check that and there's not any difference for me. There does seem to be LESS of it however, and as one poster noted the spaces BETWEEN words etc. seems to have shrunk, so there's less "flicker effect" scanning along a line of text :)

Why in earth have we a CAT smiley??? And THREE "mads"???
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    :cool:
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    ....seems that the smileys box on the right hand side when you post a reply, now stores the latest smileys you have used!

Mu box now shows :kitty::cool:^_^ from my previous post - which weren't there before!

;-)
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay old style Vbulletin smilies with smooth edges. :D ^_^ :kitty: (looks more like a bear though) ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    :kitty: We have a kitty smilie! I have no idea why that would be of any use, but I like it!:-D

:eek: <---Glad to see him back!

Just the horrendous colour scheme now DS and I'll be off your back. Promise.:)

Hooooray. See, they are taking notice.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    FYI anyone who missed it : http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/about/product/a535629/digital-spy-relaunch-latest-fix-updates.html

Old friends have had a makeover but still recognisable (with THREE mad smiley faces esp. for this thread)

:):D :

Hello Kitty! :kitty:

Guide to Asian Emoticons ^_^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    It seems "heavier"....the individual characters' "strokes" seem wider....but it's still varying in colour for me :(

And the white background hasn't actually changed, I've been toggling between windows to check that and there's not any difference for me. There does seem to be LESS of it however, and as one poster noted the spaces BETWEEN words etc. seems to have shrunk, so there's less "flicker effect" scanning along a line of text :)

Why in earth have we a CAT smiley??? And THREE "mads"???

That could explain it.

It must be my eyes, but if I click to quote and compare the white of the editing box with the white of the surround beyond the grey box, the surround just seems to me to be ever so slightly darker. Must just be my eyes.:-D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    THREE "mads"???

The 3 mad smileys only appear when posting replies in this thread, someone's having a laugh at our expense. :D
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    My smiley box keeps changing - it now has 10 smileys and in it when I click on 'more', another box comes up with 21 of them in it,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't bring back the rolleyes smiley DS. Just leave it out. These are good enough.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    :kitty: We have a kitty smilie! I have no idea why that would be of any use, but I like it!:-D

:eek: <---Glad to see him back!

i think the kitty one has been specifically designed for the masterchef thread as so many dishes last week looked like cat sick this is a much quicker way of saying that
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great to see proper smilies back! No sign of the confused man though :(

No rolleyes either, but I think it's best if he gets pensioned off as the sarcy look did cause a lot of conflict. ;)

Edit: I stand corrected: :confused::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    The 3 mad smileys only appear when posting replies in this thread, someone's having a laugh at our expense. :D

if so i applaud them!!! ( i've only got one mad smiley though)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My smiley box keeps changing - it now has 10 smileys and in it when I click on 'more', another box comes up with 21 of them in it,

...it stores your most recently used 10 smileys

;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They're not perfected yet - they are a bit muddled up, some are disappearing and some comments here are coming up blank. But it's a v-a-s-t inprovement.
  • Options
    Forum Member

...where is 'Rolleyes' though?:confused::(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think the kitty one has been specifically designed for the masterchef thread as so many dishes last week looked like cat sick this is a much quicker way of saying that

...or is it an :kitty: "I'll have the wee fvcker piss on your chips for saying that!" smiley...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »

That guy is evil. Pure and utter evil. Why do people crave that negative emoticon so much? >:(
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hetal wrote: »
    That guy is evil. Pure and utter evil. Why do people crave that negative emoticon so much? >:(

I wouldn't say it's entirely negative.

Most of the time, I would use it to get my sarcasm across along with a :D smiley.

I do hope it comes back!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an as-yet blank slot for rolleyes in the "more" list....:D
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »

In the Smiley Protection Program. Go on, type rolleyes, see what happens...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gort wrote: »
    You can use Ctrl + to increase the font size; Ctrl - to decrease it; Ctrl 0 to change it back to the default. You'll also note that in the address bar, you'll get a magnifying glass symbol any time that the page zoom changes from the default. If you click that when it shows, you can also reset it back again.

Crikey! I knew about that feature but I just assumed it was global to all sites. Fankoo. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just in case Admin DOES read this thread i would like to say a big THANK YOU for the smilies, i think it's a lovely gesture after all the grumpyness, that posters will really appreciate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o:(:p >:( ;-) :D:blush::):confused: :kitty:

Jam tart eyes seems to have disappeared.

Assuming we're not having our original chaps back, I am very happy with these new guys (although green grin should have a wider gob).
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :@:@:@:@:

I bet you are all happy that's back.

^_^^_^^_^^_^
    But what the heck is this.
This discussion has been closed.