Options

Absolute Bloody Travesty!

Comments

• Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    A travesty??!! Wow, I'd hate to see how you react when something actually serious happens.

Ashley and Patrick were about neck and neck IMO, so it could have gone either way.
  • Options
    ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Ashley could have actually won anyway. He was 2nd from bottom, and therefore clearly in the danger zone, but he still didn't get enough votes from the public to save him, which suggests to me he didn't have the fan base to win, had he made the final. However I do sympathise with his supporters, as he certainly had the ability to win
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really feel like the judges were against Ash the whole time, they wanted Ben to be the leading man. Him and Sophie compared to the over marking of Natalie and abbey get undermarked constantly.

And that swingathon was a complete fix

So, why did they vote off Ben rather than Mark? :confused:

They could have kept Ben that week with no problem at all.
  • Options
    StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jgivvy wrote: »
    For me, the worst part was Craig telling Ashley it was an 'audience' thing when, according to my admittedly truly terrible maths, he must have got more public votes than Patrick who I am calculating with all the power my B grade GCSE gives me, came bottom overall to end up in the dance off?

To be fair to Craig it wasn't for him to tell the audience that it was actually Patrick in the dance off with him.

The problem is that he actually indicated that Susanna was safe and someone near the top wasn't so even though I knew the spoiler it wasn't exactly a no brainer for me that Susanna was safe.

That is of course if we assume the judges know who's going to be in the dance off before filming.
  • Options
    lcdxr01lcdxr01 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    soulwoman wrote: »
    What a load of trot! They have got rid of the best male dancer to ensure that either Natalie or Abby wins. Switched off in disgust. And I actually love Patrick but that was totally unfair. He was leading with heels, in Rumba!!!

Entertaining, watchable and brilliant performance from someone who can dance.
    Unjust result, from judges whose credibility is damaged by failure to differentiate the desire to win from the desire not to lose
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I must be watching a different programme. Ashley was the poorest dancer left in competition. He cannot move his hips and is stiff. Susanna has not been good for a few weeks now. I think the fairest result should have been Susanna and Ashley in bottom 2. Patrick is in the top 3 best dancers left which include Natalie and Abbey. My previous favourite Sophie disappointed this week again. Final Abbey, Natalie and Patrick.
    I agree. If it were based in dance Susana and Ashley should hAve been in the dance off. And if they danced as in their first dance the. Susanna was due for an exit.
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    I don't really get what the judges see in Patrick- all this "you ooze class and charisma" etc etc, especially from Darcey. What I see is someone who is competent at picking up steps and is therefore able to do fairly tricky routines, but the way in which he does them is rather stiff, stompy and over-acted.

Maybe the judges just very much want to see an older man do well on the show, as Donny Osmond did in DWTS.
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I must be watching a different programme. Ashley was the poorest dancer left in competition. He cannot move his hips and is stiff. Susanna has not been good for a few weeks now. I think the fairest result should have been Susanna and Ashley in bottom 2. Patrick is in the top 3 best dancers left which include Natalie and Abbey. My previous favourite Sophie disappointed this week again. Final Abbey, Natalie and Patrick.
    I agree it should have been Ashley & Susannah in the bottom two, with Susannah leaving.

Patrick's Rhumba was abysmal: flat-footed, stiff, poor hip movement. He was very lucky that his past performances and credit with the judges dragged him over the finish.
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    And Natalie's paso was c**p, Ashley's salsa was rather ropey, can't stick any rumba, so that's Patrick ruled out, Sophie was doing a tango...... Seriously?......

Heck if you want to keep going let's just stop now and watch X Factor instead>:(>:(>:(

Sorry you may not have liked Natalie's Paso but no one sane can say it was crap.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well it seems the voting public don't want Patrick in next week let alone in the final. Hopefully the judges will realise that now but doubt it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really get what the judges see in Patrick- all this "you ooze class and charisma" etc etc, especially from Darcey. What I see is someone who is competent at picking up steps and is therefore able to do fairly tricky routines, but the way in which he does them is rather stiff, stompy and over-acted.

Maybe the judges just very much want to see an older man do well on the show, as Donny Osmond did in DWTS.

I don't see it either, stiff and stompy is what I see, hammy acting every week, the Chitty Charleston was quite ghastly, but not as bad as this week's Rhumba.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry you may not have liked Natalie's Paso but no one sane can say it was crap.

If I want to call a dance c**p after the language used by some other forum members then I will.

You do not need to be an expert in ballroom dancing that her paso was not worthy of the name, which in my mind makes it c**p
  • Options
    knawtitypaosknawtitypaos Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    I really feel like the judges were against Ash the whole time, they wanted Ben to be the leading man. Him and Sophie compared to the over marking of Natalie and abbey get undermarked constantly.

And that swingathon was a complete fix

at the end of the day, the GBP have the final say on who is saved. it's up to the judges who goes after the public have voted. I agree that Patrick should have been saved over Ashley, but Susanna should have gone, I really think she will win this now. If so, it'll be the biggest travesty since Chris Hollins won
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whichever one of the boys stayed from that dance-off was (is) basically guaranteed to be there again next week, and certainly isn't going to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at the end of the day, the GBP have the final say on who is saved. it's up to the judges who goes after the public have voted. I agree that Patrick should have been saved over Ashley, but Susanna should have gone, I really think she will win this now. If so, it'll be the biggest travesty since Chris Hollins won

I don't think she'll win, and I don't think the votes are for her but for Kevin, whom lady viewers have unaccountably taken a fancy to.
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    If I want to call a dance c**p after the language used by some other forum members then I will.

You do not need to be an expert in ballroom dancing that her paso was not worthy of the name, which in my mind makes it c**p

Not bothered about you swearing. But you are wrong. The dance was not crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »
    I don't think she'll win, and I don't think the votes are for her but for Kevin, whom lady viewers have unaccountably taken a fancy to.

....but if they are undoubtably the favourites with the public, there can be no other outcome
  • Options
    GreenJadeDragonGreenJadeDragon Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree, how Susanna is still in this competition is beyond me. That thing calling itself an AT was ludicrously rubbish and excruciatingly bad.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless he's suddenly started heel-leading in the dance-off, which seems unlikely, then why did NONE of the judges - including Len - pick him up on it the first time. He scored 36, including a (ludicrous) 10 from D and a 9 from Len. If it's such a massive no-no, Len, why did you give him a 9 and not mention it?

I'll happily agree that the fix was firmly in to get Patrick up on top of the leaderboard but I couldn't really argue with the dance-off verdict. Poor Ashley looked tired, his first lifts looked laboured and he bailed on the last one completely - so his dance-off was worse. Whereas Patrick toned down the aggression as requested, so his dance-off was better. My only surprise was Len.

Especially considering he'd performed the routine originally less than an hour-and-a-half previously.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone who was at the show last week said that Susanna got the greatest claps and cheers each time her name was mentioned. She is popular because of Kevin I guess?
  • Options
    ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....but if they are undoubtably the favourites with the public, there can be no other outcome

I'm not entirely certain but I think it's possible Susanna came second in the public vote, not first: E.g.

Patrick : 6 + 1 (7)
    Natalie : 6 + 4 (10)
    Abbey : 5 + 3 (8)
    Sophie : 4 + 6 (10)
    Ashley : 3 + 2 (5)
    Susanna : 2 + 5 (7)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    Someone who was at the show last week said that Susanna got the greatest claps and cheers each time her name was mentioned. She is popular because of Kevin I guess?

when her name was mentioned when she was saved, the ovation was almost as though Nelson Mandela had just walked into the room
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree, how Susanna is still in this competition is beyond me. That thing calling itself an AT was ludicrously rubbish and excruciatingly bad.

I agree - both Patrick and Ashley should be in and she should be out - just who is voting for her out there - middle aged southerners?
  • Options
    multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    ash looked out of it in the dance off so Patrick was the better but iah we would have preferred Ashley to stay as we don't 'get' Patrick in our household nor rate his dancing (although this was his best)

oh and what a shocker Darcy voted for him!
  • Options
    multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    I agree - both Patrick and Ashley should be in and she should be out - just who is voting for her out there - middle aged southerners?

middle aged southerners - what a very strange thing to say. Are you regionist or something?