Options

If you love God. Make some noise

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    OFGS (excuse the pun). I'm an aethiest, but I see no problem in those who have faith and religion to express their views. Let them. He weren't preaching or hurting you or anyone.

Those who complain about people expressing their religion etc are as bad as the Religious types who try and enforce their beliefs on you.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OFGS (excuse the pun). I'm an aethiest, but I see no problem in those who have faith and religion to express their views. Let them. He weren't preaching or hurting you or anyone.

Those who complain about people expressing their religion etc are as bad as the Religious types who try and enforce their beliefs on you.

Amen to that.:)
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been laughing heartily about that, and the response on here, since he said it.

Thanks, bloke from Rough Copy, you just made my evening :D
  • Options
    indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it was completely inappropriate (not to mention cringeworthy). X Factor is not the place for that sort of thing.

What did it have to do with anything, or what had just happened anyway?

Dude...., relax!
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet he was praying all day for God to put Rough Copy in the final... unfortunately God didn't agree.
  • Options
    muchlymuchly Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Just ridiculous and embarrassing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    indenile wrote: »
    Dude...., relax!

I'm not angry, I'm just bemused! It was so out of context and made no sense. Just completely weird.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I'm an atheist, but where's the harm in it? His faith obviously means a lot to him so he said it. I don't see the problem really.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazman wrote: »
    I bet he was praying all day for God to put Rough Copy in the final... unfortunately God didn't agree.

God doesn't work like that - you should know that.:)
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a great little moment. XF at its most random. There's been very little in the way of WTF moments this series so fair play to him for giving me something to giggle at.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    grazman wrote: »

:D

Yes, you could understand him saying he was thanking god etc if they got through, but they didn't.

Had he been saving that up for whatever turned out to be his last performance on the show?
  • Options
    KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no harm in it, but it's hilariously weird.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the X factor was a company it would have gone bankrupt tonight.

4 contestants with no prospective careers.
    2 awful singoff performances.

Then it cap it all we get the treat? of a supposed success story, Leona Lewis, with a truly dreadful Christmas Song, doing a dead career performance.

And then Michael Buble doing a 'Stars In Their Eyes' impersonation of Frank Sinatra.

The show is now officially insolvent!!!
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    If the X factor was a company it would have gone bankrupt tonight.

4 contestants with no prospective careers.
    2 awful singoff performances.

Then it cap it all we get the treat? of a supposed success story, Leona Lewis, with a truly dreadful Christmas Song, doing a dead career performance.

And then Michael Buble doing a 'Stars In Their Eyes' impersonation of Frank Sinatra.

The show is now officially insolvent!!!

A shining ray of positivity as always :p:D
    I think Luke and RC could have good careers. I'm an RC fan but their sing-off performance was terrible. None of the harmonies were in tune. Nicholas is an inferior McElderry. Sam has a great voice, but I'm not sure about how she'll do post show. It depends on the material she gets.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noticed Joey had his hands outstretched in prayer during Dermot's vote announcement.
  • Options
    David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll join the choir of atheists and agnostics (and agnostic atheists) all failing to condemn the beardy one out of Rough Copy for raising the spectre of faith on ITV; before the watershed.

There's nothing to see here, move along now. Move along!
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    I'll make some noise for Santa :-)

That's adorable ^_^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Im glad that they shared their faith in god with the public. I thought that was lovely and i respec them for that.
  • Options
    cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christians with their unwarranted sense of superiority yet again. I wish I was alive a few generations in the future when religion is completely irrelevant. Statistics show Christianity will be pretty much gone in 200 years. Where will your God be then? What excuse will you give then for loving everyone whilst condemning large portions of society. UGH
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    Noticed Joey had his hands outstretched in prayer during Dermot's vote announcement.

As if God has so little to do these days but worry about who makes the X factor final.:o

Praying to win a talent show is just tacky. Sorry!
  • Options
    KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »

Nevermind all those poor kids starving in Africa. Save us from deadlock, Oh Lord!
  • Options
    si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was inappropriate in so many ways - and should generate complaints.

Faith is for the private sphere only - and should not have any outing in mainstream media.

I very much doubt that people would have been so willing to accept it if he had said 'If you believe in Allah'...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    cctps wrote: »
    Christians with their unwarranted sense of superiority yet again. I wish I was alive a few generations in the future when religion is completely irrelevant. Statistics show Christianity will be pretty much gone in 200 years. Where will your God be then? What excuse will you give then for loving everyone whilst condemning large portions of society. UGH

God is "ETERNAL" he will always be here and christianity has existed since jesus walked this earth circa 2000 years ago.;-)
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    There's no harm in it, but it's hilariously weird.

Totally agree. He was doing no harm and it was wonderful in a weird way :)
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was just a bit erm odd