Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 20**

Comments

• Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    The "madness" is as forced as Anton's Latin.

I hope Brenda plays Lisa-tactics again for the two dance stage. Sophie comes out in the first half and does an American Smooth of grace, poise and classical elegance, with beautiful lifts and proper FRED & GINNNNNNNNNNNNNGE flair, and then for her paso just does a twizzle on the spot and yells "OLE!".

Not getting this reference. I'd understand it if these were Austin tactics.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Ysbyd there was a thread started by Pet Monkey ( I think ) week or so ago and in it there was a link to get the old style forum back which is what I have been using since and it is a lot better.

I have tried to find the link and thread for you but can't find it, perhaps a PM to Pet Monkey might help you , I know all I did was click on the link and I went back to a really useable forum. I am such a computer clutz if I can do it anyone can.

Good luck I know that link enabled me to post when the first new forum change made it impossible due to eyesight problems. ( just shortsighted and old eyes nothing dramatic)!

And anyone who prefers a wider view you will need Stylebot for Chrome instead There are several DS versions on Stylebot Social. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Erin put equal training effort into both their dances in the semis rather than making sure the AS was perfect compared to the latin. Where Brenda made sure one was polished and the other just good enough. Knowing full well a perfect dance would be more beneficial for dance off purposes.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's what Brendan freely admitted he did on ITT that week. Concentrate on the dance that played to Lisa's strengths, the waltz, and let the jive just kinda happen.
    (Waltz 39 points, jive 33)

Erin put equal training into both dances which meant neither were polished (AS 34, salsa 36)

Which meant the super shiney 39 point waltz went up against a 36 point bit raggedy salsa)

(Gosh, they really knew how to wind people up that series, didn't they. There's no wonder Chris Hollins won the year after without ever being in the bottom 2)
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you to everyone for suggestions to improve forum layout.

Cadiva- if i PM you my home address, can you scoot round and sort it out for me? Ta!
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ysbyd there was a thread started by Pet Monkey ( I think ) week or so ago and in it there was a link to get the old style forum back which is what I have been using since and it is a lot better.

I have tried to find the link and thread for you but can't find it, perhaps a PM to Pet Monkey might help you , I know all I did was click on the link and I went back to a really useable forum. I am such a computer clutz if I can do it anyone can.

Good luck I know that link enabled me to post when the first new forum change made it impossible due to eyesight problems. ( just shortsighted and old eyes nothing dramatic)!

Here is that thread . I have tried and still not quite getting it but I am sure someone much more clued in can
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1916779
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    It's what Brendan freely admitted he did on ITT that week. Concentrate on the dance that played to Lisa's strengths, the waltz, and let the jive just kinda happen.
    (Waltz 39 points, jive 33)

Erin put equal training into both dances which meant neither were polished (AS 34, salsa 36)

Which meant the super shiney 39 point waltz went up against a 36 point bit raggedy salsa)

(Gosh, they really knew how to wind people up that series, didn't they. There's no wonder Chris Hollins won the year after without ever being in the bottom 2)

You picking at scabs again? :D

Unappreciating that the heating went off an hour ago & i'm already frozen, can someone send the marines round to warm me up?

Finally got a bit of free time so off to read Monkseals blog.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :blush:

I feel like Tiny Tina :D

:o
  • Options
    Forum Member

That'll be the pleather catsuit addiction. Just wear normal clothes like the rest of us :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I've given you the links to both Stylish and to Grand Dizzy's script to install in my other post hon but here they are again :)

Stylish

Click on Stylish, hit the Install to Chrome Button then go to the below link

Grand Dizzy's Script

This will automatically ask if you want to install it once Stylish is installed to Chrome.

Thank you again. I could see your links in daylight but not last night (due to the glare I guess!)

I did try and managed to get as far as Stylish on my own last night and - now with the GDS link I have my blue bars back!

So thank you both and thanks CopperTop and Pet Monkey too. (I had seen that thread but decided to give DSN a chance to redeem themselves. :kitty::kitty::kitty: Perhaps Kitty is them smirking at us for messing us around?)
    mimi dlc wrote: »

Cadiva- if i PM you my home address, can you scoot round and sort it out for me? Ta!

:D
  • Options
    KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you start fancying Kevin there's no hope for you. :D
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No doubt I will regret this but why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No doubt I will regret this but why?

I was teasing her about picking at scabs.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you mean your PC, no problem, if you mean sorting out your actual home you wouldn't want me anywhere near it, you should see the state of mine :)
    Thank you again. I could see your links in daylight but not last night (due to the glare I guess!)

I did try and managed to get as far as Stylish on my own last night and - now with the GDS link I have my blue bars back!

So thank you both and thanks CopperTop and Pet Monkey too. (I had seen that thread but decided to give DSN a chance to redeem themselves. :kitty::kitty::kitty: Perhaps Kitty is them smirking at us for messing us around?)

:D

Glad you got it sorted, I can now browse DS without getting a migraine inducing glare so I'm unappreciating the idiots at DS who thought acres of white space with a grey on grey colour scheme was ever going to be a good idea.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    I was teasing her about picking at scabs.

Ah right :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seen the song list.
    Montagues and Capulets for a Paso? Really? Can Alan Sugar at least come on to the dance floor at the end, point his finger & say 'You're eliminated'

Or a guest appearence from Jason Leech :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you mean your PC, no problem, if you mean sorting out your actual home you wouldn't want me anywhere near it, you should see the state of mine :)

Glad you got it sorted, I can now browse DS without getting a migraine inducing glare so I'm unappreciating the idiots at DS who thought acres of white space with a grey on grey colour scheme was ever going to be a good idea.

The strange thing is, most of the time the user name and any quote is in a mid grey , with a paler grey between posts, but every now and then ,as i scroll down a page, the greys swap about or disappear so that quotes and posts look the same:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen the song list.
    Montagues and Capulets for a Paso? Really? Can Alan Sugar at least come on to the dance floor at the end, point his finger & say 'You're eliminated'

Some interesting combinations there.

I am curious to see if Brenda works hard on the AS and just goes through the motions for the Paso. Would love them to suddenly decide any dance off will be based on the worst dances. ^_^ :kitty:
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Some interesting combinations there.

I am curious to see if Brenda works hard on the AS and just goes through the motions for the Paso. Would love them to suddenly decide any dance off will be based on the worst dances. ^_^ :kitty:

I would love for them to open the show and then Tess say "as we previously mentioned, the dance off will be between the bottom two and they will perform their worst scoring dance". The camera pans down with every pro shrugging and looking blank except they pan to the end and Brendan's missing. They pan down and he's vomiting and grey. :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I would love for them to open the show and then Tess say "as we previously mentioned, the dance off will be between the bottom two and they will perform their worst scoring dance". The camera pans down with every pro shrugging and looking blank except they pan to the end and Brendan's missing. They pan down and he's vomiting and grey. :p:D

And then everyone gets put through to the final anyway & they all do a foxtrot (just helping aggs to pick at the scabs some more :p)
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And then everyone gets put through to the final anyway & they all do a foxtrot (just helping aggs to pick at the scabs some more :p)

Poor Aggs, you is evil! :p
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The strange thing is, most of the time the user name and any quote is in a mid grey , with a paler grey between posts, but every now and then ,as i scroll down a page, the greys swap about or disappear so that quotes and posts look the same:confused:

Sadly that's an issue at DS's end. The best thing to do is to follow the instructions I gave earlier and install Stylish and Grand Dizzy's style sheet, it will return the forum to as close as it was before their great "redesign".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly that's an issue at DS's end. The best thing to do is to follow the instructions I gave earlier and install Stylish and Grand Dizzy's style sheet, it will return the forum to as close as it was before their great "redesign".

I am going to try your suggestion... it's just a question of being brave / brainy enough!
  • Options
    zedderszedders Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been thinking about the people left, not very profound, but here's my thoughts anyway (in alphabetical order):

Abbey - looks stunning, done some gorgeous looking ballroom, I hated the disco thing, but she made up for it last week to me. What is very off putting for me is that Aljaz looks like David Coulthard's love child! Oh and hearing about Abbeys nerves is getting on mine!

Natalie - great dancer, I don't care about the ringah status as she was open about it to start with. I don't know whether it's because of injuries etc, but last few weeks haven't been as great as I hoped. She has a great dirty laugh, but if you don't watch ITT, you wouldn't see that, so I can see why people don't take to her. For all she's a great dancer, she's not my favourite.

Patrick - great sense of rhythm, loved his AS. Wish he'd show a little more personality though, feels as though he's being very careful to not let us see the 'real' Patrick. He could just be a quiet type though, or being 50 (he had a birthday, did you know) he's concerned everyone would think he's having a mid life crisis if we saw his outgoing side!!

Sophie - very doll like, beautiful, elegant (till she's dancing) but no pizazz. If she had half the 'umph' of her mother, she'd come alive more for me. Like her away from the dance floor but think she's too beige on it. Will forever be remembered for her 'I'm 34 Brendan'

Susannah - gotta give her credit for her enthusiasm and energy levels. To quote OH 'knows how to strut her stuff like Belle du Jour while wondering who gave her pro partner too much haribo' can tell she works on live tv as automatically finds the camera, wish she could forget that habit sometimes. I think she's overshadowed by Kevin, would have been interesting to see her with a pro who would showcase her, rather than his self.

So there you go... And in case you were wondering (or cared), my favorite is Patrick but I'm resigned to expecting he'll go home this week.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen the song list.

I don't appreciate that I'm actually relieved that it's Brendan who will be choreographing to some of my favourite Prokofiev and not Kevin.:o
This discussion has been closed.