Options

Amy was right, they wanted an excuse to hate her

What a revealing show tonight! It seems as if the "kids" -- Joey and Amy -- are wiser than their seniors. That bloody nonsense about smuggling in make-up, like it was as serious as being a murderer or something -- gave that vile gang of bullies the excuse they desperately wanted to be able to justify their hatred. Amy sussed it.

Then at the party, Joey trying to be the peacemaker. Bless him. Basically Matthew, Annabel and Laila are absolutely vile, Rebecca has been a liar and a hypocrite and Al is a self-righteous windbag

Amy's dad is lovely btw .

Comments

• Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had plenty of reasons, damned lazy and horribly annoying. She annoyed EVERYONE by the end, as a cheat a liar and stirrer. And still lazy, boring and selfish.

And when people LIE about what you do, and land you in it, they don't like it.

You wouldn't either.
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menelaus wrote: »
    What a revealing show tonight! It seems as if the "kids" -- Joey and Amy -- are wiser than their seniors. That bloody nonsense about smuggling in make-up, like it was as serious as being a murderer or something -- gave that vile gang of bullies the excuse they desperately wanted to be able to justify their hatred. Amy sussed it.

Then at the party, Joey trying to be the peacemaker. Bless him. Basically Matthew, Annabel and Laila are absolutely vile, Rebecca has been a liar and a hypocrite and Al is a self-righteous windbag

You are talking complete and utter nonsense and you know it. ;-)
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They had plenty of reasons, damned lazy and horribly annoying. She annoyed EVERYONE by the end, as a cheat a liar and stirrer. And still lazy, boring and selfish.

You wouldn't either.

I think the OP is simply a WUM. No one could be that daft!
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member

You wouldn't either.

Exactly. The poor me, victim act, doesn't work with me. Amy hasn't helped herself and she is putting on an act as far as I m concerned. I am not so easily fooled by this woman. I think she knows how to manipulate things to her advantage.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Fgs, no one hated her. How dramatic people are when they use that word. Some of them found her annoying, that's all.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Fgs, no one hated her. How dramatic people are when they use that word. Some of them found her annoying, that's all.
    Indeed. And felt aggrieved when they found out about more of what had been going on and what had been in the media about them being jealous bullies. That would exacerbate any irritation.
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. The poor me, victim act, doesn't work with me. Amy hasn't helped herself and she is putting on an act as far as I m concerned. I am not so easily fooled by this woman. I think she knows how to manipulate things to her advantage.

The poster on here defending her indefensible behaviour seem to be forgetting by the wrap party which was filmed after she'd already gone to the press to repeat her side of the story (which as we all know were by and large shit stirring lies).

The allegations Amy made and the implication surrounding it is very serious matter for someone of the stature of a two-time Olympic Champion. Hence Rebecca and the rest of the I'm A Celebs (bar Joey) were understandably upset about her continuing to perpetrate her fallacies after the contest had ended.

Hence, they were perfectly justified to corner Amy in the way they did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The poster on here defending her indefensible behaviour seem to be forgetting by the wrap party which was filmed after she'd already gone to the press to repeat her side of the story (which as we all know were by and large shit stirring lies).

The allegations Amy made and the implication surrounding it is very serious matter for someone of the stature of a two-time Olympic Champion. Hence Rebecca and the rest of the I'm A Celebs (bar Joey) were understandably upset about her continuing to perpetrate her fallacies after the contest had ended.

Hence, they were perfectly justified to corner Amy in the way they did.

Good post. I felt bad for the women, attending the party, when they have all been slagged off by Amy in the press. I hope the five minutes of fame for Amy, has been worth it.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good post. I felt bad for the women, attending the party, when they have all been slagged off by Amy in the press. I hope the five minutes of fame for Amy, has been worth it.
    Yes, I think some people aren't thinking about how annoyed they all must have been to find out how they'd be portrayed in the press.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote: »
    Yes, I think some people aren't thinking about how annoyed they all must have been to find out how they'd be portrayed in the press.

Did she reaally expect everyone to be all fine with her, after going straight to the press and slagging the women off? Did Amy, really expect the women to be fine with her, after all that? It is laughable:D
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amy's dad came across creepy to me. She's too big a girl to be jumping into his arms wrapping her legs round him. Made me choke on my hobnob.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FilliA wrote: »
    Amy's dad came across creepy to me. She's too big a girl to be jumping into his arms wrapping her legs round him. Made me choke on my hobnob.

Ewwwww..... at Amy and her father - not your Hobnob moment!:D:D:D
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You wouldn't either.

Totally agree. All of the people can't be wrong all of the time.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy LOOKED for a reason to claim they hated her... Not one person said they hated her
  • Options
    sweetie939sweetie939 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched all of tonight's show yet, hoping to watch the second half on itv player. Have heard how they laid in to Amy at the party, I know these shows are heavily edited and Amy may have been very annoying, but I don't think this excuses having 4 or so people ganging up on her when she was in the jungle. I know due to the editing we only saw snippets of the way they spoke to her, but it was the tone of Matthew, annabel, and Laila when they spoke to Amy that I didn't like.

I found it particularly surprising that there were being so much like that to someone so much younger than them too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amy has given the others reasons not to like her. She has appeared to lie, stir and came across as being selfish and lazy, not to mention going to the press and slagging off the others.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FilliA wrote: »

When he told Amy not to admit anything on camera, he struck me to be just as disingenuous as her.

As for the showmance, Amy has more to gain than Joey. If Joey Essex's advisors have any sense they'll get him away from her ASAP. Joey has the reputation in the media as a nice person. He doesn't need someone with Amy's poor reputation to bring him down.
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    When he told Amy not to admit anything on camera, he struck me to be just as disingenuous as her.

As for the showmance, Amy has more to gain than Joey. If Joey Essex's advisors have any sense they'll get him away from her ASAP. Joey has the reputation in the media as a nice person. He doesn't need someone with Amy's poor reputation to bring him down.

Amy is well liked. Not on here but that is another story lol.

Loose Woman, Paul O'Grady, This Morning The main ITV shows took her side. She will do well..
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The twitter trolls should leave Becky alone. It is only a TV show.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40BeckAdlington%20bully&src=typd&f=realtime
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »

Loose Woman, Paul O'Grady, This Morning The main ITV shows took her side. She will do well..

Were they taking her side before or after she was found out.
  • Options
    ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps she's right.

Perhaps she didn't help herself by giving them the rope to try and hang her with, though. Perhaps.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From start to finish, I have never read such rubbish
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suspect none of them will mention her again.

They were wrong, and they don't want to look stupid.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I must be old fashioned but I find it tasteless that these people use an awards show like this as a fashion parade. Its not about them.