Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirstys doing some work. Shes scribbling and looking at a screen behind Simon

lol that'll be whoever it is does the *actual* work answering the phones telling her in her earpiece which caller and which line to say next through a fixed grin.

Hard work but someone's got to sit around looking pretty and getting paid for it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man alive, Richard was fun and everything but by God Matthew shows him how it's done. Excellent to have him back :D

WTF was that calendar all about eh? Good cause and everything but blimey!!!
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    lol that'll be whoever it is does the *actual* work answering the phones telling her in her earpiece which caller and which line to say next through a fixed grin.

Hard work but someone's got to sit around looking pretty and getting paid for it!

Isn't that what the Grimbo used to do - in a Whitechapel brothel in 1876?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fascinating how little Donal gives a t*ss about his appearance. In faxct it's kind of offensive to everyone else on the panel, Matthew, and frankly the audience. Last time he was on he had some scruffy jumper I wouldn't wear in public let alone on TV, his hair was everywhere and his greying two day old stubble made him look like he'd wandered in off the street fresh off the back of a 48 hour drinking sesh down the docks.

Today he spent the entire show in a hideous cheap shiny black anorak. What is his problem? Why does nobody gently suggest he might like to go shave/change/take his coat off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the competition...

had anyone spotted an issue with it?

Matthew gets weighed tomorrow (wed 11th), BUT the competition doesn't close until midday Thursday 12th Dec.......

Hmmmmmmmmm

I'm not seeing the issue.

Unless you're suggesting that once he's been weighed they'll go and leak it to someone they want to win all the prizes? In which case, you could aim the same suspicion at every quiz ever, where the answers are actually known before the question is put to the public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    Farewell Richard, gonna miss you. :(

Didn't always watch, as the guests and panelists were dull sometimes, but you were always good, and nowhere near as irritating as Wright, who doesn't really enagae with the viewers, public gallery or callers, but does the programme for himself and his producers backstage, whom he's always referring to in terms like we're supposed to know what the in joke is? :confused:

No, I wish he'd stayed in the Jungle......but then not many people could stand him there either....:p

Couldn't disagree more about MW's attitude to callers, public or viewers: on today's show he thanked them time and again for having provided him with more intelligent discussion in 2 hours than he'd had in two weeks.

Plus the joke about Screechy isn't some veiled mystery. He has someone in his ear apparently bellowing timings at him, plus someone else giving him the occasional bit of background info, and years ago he merged them into one semi-fictional character called Screechy who he refers to all the time. Not a mystery. Not sure why it bothers you so much.

Just don't watch, it's quite simple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he HAS any secrets does he?

He told us EVERYTHING at length.

And at times he told us repeatedly. I counted at least three stories in Richard's last couple of days he'd recited either that same week or the week before. Word. For. Word.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was going on with Mylene's hair?? :o:confused:

She always looks well groomed but why is her hair all straggly and unkempt only at the last six inches or so? Is it some kind of new fashion 'trend'? :confused:

I like her (pity she had her tits shrunk tho :D) but she needs to sort that hair 'style'.
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't disagree more about MW's attitude to callers, public or viewers: on today's show he thanked them time and again for having provided him with more intelligent discussion in 2 hours than he'd had in two weeks.

Plus the joke about Screechy isn't some veiled mystery. He has someone in his ear apparently bellowing timings at him, plus someone else giving him the occasional bit of background info, and years ago he merged them into one semi-fictional character called Screechy who he refers to all the time. Not a mystery. Not sure why it bothers you so much.

Just don't watch, it's quite simple.

It doesn't affect my life greatly, no. I was merely expressing my opinion, which on a forum discussion thread is allowed isn't it? :confused:
    So don't tell me what to watch. It's you who has a problem with people who have a different point of view if that's your attitude. *roll eyes*
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'll never watch the show again now he's back . After seeing what a decidedly unpleasant , opinionated , bullying , nasty , intolerant individual he really is , I never want to lay my eyes on him ever again .

He's been added to the list of people ( usually celebs ) that I utterly detest .

I''ll be keeping my eyes on the show's viewing figures and hopefully they will crash at an alarming rate and force the man out of his job. There no way that his dispicable behaviour will encourage any new viewers , of that I'm certain.
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing the issue.

Unless you're suggesting that once he's been weighed they'll go and leak it to someone they want to win all the prizes? In which case, you could aim the same suspicion at every quiz ever, where the answers are actually known before the question is put to the public.

I (stupidly) thought that they were going to weigh him in air today (and show us) and that would have meant that we could enter with the correct weight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I don't know where all the hate is coming from because Mathew back; Richard had good several weeks, a good payday and bank balance a boost ,also giving his so called personal stories about Judy and him a good airing everyday on every topic.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Well I'll never watch the show again now he's back . After seeing what a decidedly unpleasant , opinionated , bullying , nasty , intolerant individual he really is , I never want to lay my eyes on him ever again .

He's been added to the list of people ( usually celebs ) that I utterly detest .

I''ll be keeping my eyes on the show's viewing figures and hopefully they will crash at an alarming rate and force the man out of his job. There no way that his dispicable behaviour will encourage any new viewers , of that I'm certain.
    Somehow I seriously doubt you watched TWS to begin with and certainly not on a regular basis. If you did - it certainly doesn't take a lot to get you upset does it? I thought Matthew was the epitome of good humour in the jungle. He just only got on with 10 of them in there!

And why on earth would you keep an eye on the viewing figures of a show you detest? That's a rather silly thing to do isn't it? I doubt his viewing figures will be affected one way or the other though.

I'm glad Matthew's back - he was gone for too long!
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Matthew :)
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I (stupidly) thought that they were going to weigh him in air today (and show us) and that would have meant that we could enter with the correct weight.

Well, I thought exactly the same as you :) That is what was said last week.
    I also thought that Matthew was going to spill the beans about jungle life but didn't hear anything this morning :confused:
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    TrishaS wrote: »
    Well, I thought exactly the same as you :) That is what was said last week.
    I also thought that Matthew was going to spill the beans about jungle life but didn't hear anything this morning :confused:
    He did a bit - but he only had time to get through a few questions. Maybe he'll answer more questions over the next few days. I hope he doesn't mention it too often to be honest - I'd hate him to be 'doing a Richard'.
  • Options
    lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

bye then:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lavender50 wrote: »
    bye then:D

Indeed.

Sounds like someone has a bit more than just a dislike for someone on the telly. Do the two of you have history? because it certainly sounds like you have a personal grudge against him.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »

Woot Whoo, you never let me down :D

That calendar bloke certainly knows where the camera is on TWS.
    Would still like to know how the same motley crew--sorry audience are on every morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    ....Would still like to know how the same motley crew--sorry audience are on every morning.

Community service?

(sorry couldn't resist - btw I love the show so that's not meant as a serious dig)
  • Options
    ArtemsGirlArtemsGirl Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Matthew made out he was going to spend abit of time being asked questions about the jungle. He spent all of 5 mins answering 2/3 questions and nothing juicey!!
  • Options
    AngelDollAngelDoll Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Indeed.

Sounds like someone has a bit more than just a dislike for someone on the telly. Do the two of you have history? because it certainly sounds like you have a personal grudge against him.

this !!!!!
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Dickie did do his research on the topics by speaking to the young people he was with the night before. In other words Chloe! :D
    Butters Chloe knows all.
    He looks like a mass murderer!
    Must be the same jacket he was rocking on Macintyre Undercover.
    nah she was writing down a list of poses and scenarios for her nude calendar.
    Dirty Des would pass out if this happened.
    He did a bit - but he only had time to get through a few questions. Maybe he'll answer more questions over the next few days. I hope he doesn't mention it too often to be honest - I'd hate him to be 'doing a Richard'.
    ArtemsGirl wrote: »
    Matthew made out he was going to spend abit of time being asked questions about the jungle. He spent all of 5 mins answering 2/3 questions and nothing juicey!!
    It's a balance. I'm interested in what really happened but I don't think the entire TWS audience would agree. A short and sweet TP at the end is the best place for it.
    Indeed.

I suspect a former man on the mic has joined DS. Eric, is that you? ;-)
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,499
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »

Well, it certainly explains why we never heard from Jack the Ripper ever again. The poor guy probably thought one of his victims had risen from the grave to haunt him. :o
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,499
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else notice that the announcer at the start said it was time to join Richard Madeley and guests? They probably edited it to make him look bad.
This discussion has been closed.