Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What in the name of shitty crikey does Kate Nash look like!?
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »

She doesn't own a mirror?:o
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »
    She doesn't own a mirror?:o

She appears to be sporting the Bride Of Frankenstein look this morning.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like, it's, like, Kate, like, Nash. Like.
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone actually like Steve Furst? I think he's a horrible man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SueG wrote: »

No, I'm not keen on him.
    Even less keen on those ridiculous glasses and flouncy neck scarves he sports. Smacks of a mid life crisis to me.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just can't be bothered watching it regularly with cynical old Matthew, he lacks Madeley's warmth, cosiness and anecdotes :(

Richard should have his own morning show, with The Wright Stuff moving to the evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's repellent in every regard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Just can't be bothered watching it regularly with cynical old Matthew, he lacks Madeley's warmth, cosiness and anecdotes :(

Richard should have his own morning show, with The Wright Stuff moving to the evening.

I'm hoping someone at the Beeb spotted Richard presenting TWS and offer him something similar on there. Mind you, I don't think Richard wants to return to full time broadcasting. Think he's happy at home with Judy writing his books now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone at the Beeb spotted Richard presenting TWS and offer him something similar on there. Mind you, I don't think Richard wants to return to full time broadcasting. Think he's happy at home with Judy writing his books now.

I'm hoping his little stint got his juices flowing, he's wasted scribbling in Cornwall.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One of my favourite guests Always puts a bit of humour to the point he is making

Talking points really crap today
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I'm not keen on him.
    Even less keen on those ridiculous glasses and flouncy neck scarves he sports. Smacks of a mid life crisis to me.

I'm not keen on him. I wish he wouldn't pause and stutter so much and try to finish his sentences. I don't find him very funny either.

Yes Creamtea, the scarves are an enourmously irritating affectation.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping his little stint got his juices flowing, he's wasted scribbling in Cornwall.

I thought it was his wife who's wasted while he scribbles away in Cornwall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Woot Whoo, you never let me down :D

Heh, you're too kind. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »

:D LOL. Mind you, wouldn't you if you were married to Richard?:D
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they bother having guests who can`t be arsed to even be on passing acquaintance with the news stories? The fake signer at the Mandela ceremony has been complained about several times by deaf groups, this was not the first time as was incorrectly stated this morning. And MPs will not lose their expenses allowance if they accept the rise in 2015!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Why do they bother having guests who can`t be arsed to even be on passing acquaintance with the news stories? The fake signer at the Mandela ceremony has been complained about several times by deaf groups, this was not the first time as was incorrectly stated this morning. And MPs will not lose their expenses allowance if they accept the rise in 2015!

I thought that. I've only read that MP's pensions will cost them more. However, I'm quite impressed how on top of things Matt is considering the jungle and the following round of interviews and then coming straight from landing yesterday.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    Yes a nice sweater and a rocking chair and Dickie could almost pass for Val Doonican!:D There's nothing wrong with anecdotes - but all Dickie's anecdotes seem to revolve personally around himself.

I agree - Matthew's show is too hidden away in the daytime - then again his show would have to be shorter - and when I watch it - I like to have an almost full two hours of Wrighty!
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed. He is a total ballbag.

Someone you'd never tire of punching.
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As Straker refers to him (I think)....Mr Burns love child....very apt me thinks :)
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »

Richard probably has an anecdote for that
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Richard was reviewing the Newspapers on BBC News channel the other evening. :-)
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last show tomorrow....:(

Until the New Year..:)
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,502
    Forum Member
    divingbboy wrote: »

THAT'S KATE NASH? :O Only started watching at the papers review and was wondering who or what the hell it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like, it's, like, Kate, like, Nash. Like.

I'm so glad someone commented on this. It was incredibly noticeable. I actually considered transcribing a paragraph of one of her speeches, but feared I would wear out the "L", "I", "K" and "E" on my keyboard. I know that a lot of people do this, but I've never noticed anyone do it to the extent that Ms Nash did.

"I like, saw this like, woman. She was like, old. I gave her a lift to the like, hospital. But then like, I didn't know whether like, she'd have like, a lift or something to like, get home"

This isn't even an exaggeration.
This discussion has been closed.