Options

British Comedy Awards 2013 - C4 Thursday 9pm

Comments

• Options
    MarkG6RMarkG6R Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Could they not have scheduled the E4 coverage to start a few minutes before Channel 4 finished?

Very poor planning to miss most of Coogan's speech.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not these two toothy muppets again >:(
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joey Essex. FFS. That's me done.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    What the **** is the point of rushing the ending? Let it run over by 5 minutes. What is the cost to anyone of doing that at 11pm? Just absurd.
    They should put the after party on C4 then it can run into that instead. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ, here on E4 we are now more concerned with those who gave the bloody awards and are talking about that ITV fake jungle show! WHY????????
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And now on E4 we have an inane interview with two reality TV morons while Coogans speech gets cut short. You couldn't make it up. F off C4 and stick to exploiting gypsys and people with physical impairments.

Oh look! Joey Essex just said reem and now Lauren Laverne is patronizing Coogan. Anyone remember when C4 was supposed to be an alternative?
  • Options
    Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Not these two toothy muppets again >:(

Come on. It's the comedy awards and there's a room full of comedians. It's natural to show an interview with a reality TV star
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of filler nonsense...

If this lasts much longer, I'm switching to Gogglebox.

(Yes, I am aware of the irony in this post :p)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    WTF are they talking to these two for??????????????????? eff all to do with comedy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the connection C4 make with Comedy and Lauren Laverne.
    She was on Mock The Week once which was bad enough. C4 then tried to give her comedy monologues on 10 O'Clock Live.

Nope, I don't get it either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on. It's the comedy awards and there's a room full of comedians. It's natural to show an interview with a reality TV star

Must be the comedy teefs that did it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laverne - "Comedy Is The New Rock 'n' Roll"

Rock 'n' Roll must be stone cold dead then!
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest shock of the night for me seeing Alan Carrs other half.
    the guy has basically morphed into a trendy version of Alan
    he had short cropped fair hair and looked like a Rugby player few years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Comedy is the new rock and roll', how very 1990s.
  • Options
    super-saintsuper-saint Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boring, tiresome, humourless ..... Not the Comedy Awards, no I really enjoyed them...
    I am referring to most posters on this thread!

Paul Whitehouses 1st speech :D
    Jonny Vegas :D
    Ron Burgendy :D
  • Options
    GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Did I miss Johnny Depp? I'm sure I didn't go to sleep.... :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a sorry state British comedy is in.

Millican, Hart, Whitehall, Conti, that guy with the plastic bag. Its utterly appalling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Comedy is the new rock and roll', how very 1990s.

Indeed. People have been trotting that line out since Baddiel and Newman sold out wembley. Two decades ago. Yawn.

But hey. No one looks to Laverne for biting insight and intelligence. Or humour. In fact what is she employed for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin Eldon, another in the Coogan mould and utterly overlooked and under-rated. He should have won something. He's quiet class, yet will probably never be a household name I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Kevin Eldon, another in the Coogan mould and utterly overlooked and under-rated. He should have won something. He's quiet class, yet will probably never be a household name I guess.
    I think you'll find that he's the actor Kevin Eldon ;)

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. People have been trotting that line out since Baddiel and Newman sold out wembley. Two decades ago. Yawn.

But hey. No one looks to Laverne for biting insight and intelligence. Or humour. In fact what is she employed for?

'Milky milky'

Christ we're old :(
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    What the **** is the point of rushing the ending? Let it run over by 5 minutes. What is the cost to anyone of doing that at 11pm? Just absurd.

It's not as simple as that. For the same reason that X Factor is always rushed and Adele was cut off during her speech at The Brits - there is a certain amount of time allocated for a live TV show and as Jonathan said, it literally goes off air at a certain time.

I imagine it's slightly different for ITV programmes because it's broadcast via STV and UTV too and they'll have their own systems set up and their own times allocated to programmes/bumpers/adverts/etc. But it's a bit more complex than just 'letting it' overrun.

Of course it's a bit naive on Channel 4's part not to expect it to overrun, so they should've had at least 5 minutes spare at the end to cover such things. It's not like they couldn't find someone to tell a few jokes if they needed to fill a couple of minutes... although judging by some of the presenters and winners, I'm tempted to retract that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Milky milky'

Christ we're old :(

We used to be young and cool and...sigh
  • Options
    jack_kerouacjack_kerouac Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well ...

against my better judgement i watched it all

and

all I can say is ....

" I can remember when comedy used to be funny .... "

Yawns and goes off to scrub myself clean with a wire brush and carbolic...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I think you'll find that he's the actor Kevin Eldon ;)

:p

I first became aware of him during the brilliant comedy Nighty Night about 9 years ago now. I've only seen his comedy work, not any other acting work that I am aware of. He was up for a gong for his sketch show tonight of course, which was an acquired taste and a slow burn I thought. Like a lot of the greatest comedy can be in my opinion.