Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I'm not that keen on Steve Furst either.
    Yes he can do some funny voices, but.............. so what?

That 'voice of the Daily Mail' thingy doesn't make sense.
    The mood of that paper is always the same isn't it?
    And it's just an excuse for him to shout and do a different voice.

Can't see the point meself.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Just can't be bothered watching it regularly with cynical old Matthew, he lacks Madeley's warmth, cosiness and anecdotes :(

Richard should have his own morning show, with The Wright Stuff moving to the evening.
    Well with Matthew's stock plummeting as we speak they will hopefully move the Wright Stuff to the graveyard slot or between 2am - 7am . His embarrassing stint in the jungle is probably the worst case of bad PR I've ever witnessed .
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Well with Matthew's stock plummeting as we speak they will hopefully move the Wright Stuff to the graveyard slot or between 2am - 7am . His embarrassing stint in the jungle is probably the worst case of bad PR I've ever witnessed .

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike him, just find him a tad abrasive for morning tv, I want to be soothed and coddled at that time of day not barked at ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong I don't dislike him, just find him a tad abrasive for morning tv, I want to be soothed and coddled at that time of day not barked at ;-)

I used to watch the show occasionally and just presumed he was a harmless , effeminate type guy but now I know what he's really like I simply don't want to see anything of him again
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to watch the show occasionally and just presumed he was a harmless , effeminate type guy but now I know what he's really like I simply don't want to see anything of him again

And yet you continue to watch the show and post in this forum. Strange behanviour for someone who "don't want to see anything of him again"!
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    And yet you continue to watch the show and post in this forum. Strange behanviour for someone who "don't want to see anything of him again"!

zizu likes our company. :)
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    zizu likes our company. :)
    That's it! I'm sure they don't watch TWS anyway - just posting in here because he rankled some very over-sensitive types in the IAC thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well with Matthew's stock plummeting as we speak
    Where do you get these nuggets of nonsense from? He's no more popular nor less popular than he was! People who didn't like him before still don't like him and those who did like him probably like him even more! But the numbers on either side of the fence will not have changed.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtemsGirl wrote: »
    Matthew made out he was going to spend abit of time being asked questions about the jungle. He spent all of 5 mins answering 2/3 questions and nothing juicey!!

I agree. Didn't he also hint beforehand that he would spill the beans re Rebecca's exclusion from certain trials. But we got nothing new
  • Options
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    I agree. Didn't he also hint beforehand that he would spill the beans re Rebecca's exclusion from certain trials. But we got nothing new
    I'm glad he's not harping on about the jungle. If he did - he'd only get accused by some people on here (well one at least) of using IAC for his own celebrity when he obviously didn't. To me its like he's just got back from a three week holiday - why bore people with your holiday pictures?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ive already said I won't watch the show if he is presenting it .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad he's not harping on about the jungle. If he did - he'd only get accused by some people on here (well one at least) of using IAC for his own celebrity when he obviously didn't. To me its like he's just got back from a three week holiday - why bore people with your holiday pictures?

He won't talk about it because he's presumably embarrassed about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu is an Amy fan presumably :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite guests Always puts a bit of humour to the point he is making

Talking points really crap today

I'm watching it now - and you're right about the talking points. I'm appreciating Matthew more and more - he still makes this show entertaining (without doing a 'me, me, me Madeley') - no matter how mundane the topics!

Top man!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He won't talk about it because he's presumably embarrassed about it.

He doesn't talk about it because its so 'last week'. Just because other people can't stop talking about him - doesn't mean he has to talk about himself. He isn't vain you know? He didn't need to sneak make-up in ... and he only had ONE bikini!:cool:

Some people like beauty with nothing going on behind the eyes or between the years whilst others like something a tad plainer - but infinitely more intelligent. Horses for courses I suppose!

Even you - who hates the man - can't stop posting about him! You just can't help yourself!;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't talk about it because its so 'last week'. Just because other people can't stop talking about him - doesn't mean he has to talk about himself. He isn't vain you know? He didn't need to sneak make-up in ... and he only had ONE bikini!:cool:

Some people like beauty with nothing going on behind the eyes or between the years whilst others like something a tad plainer - but infinitely more intelligent. Horses for courses I suppose!

Even you - who hates the man - can't stop posting about him! You just can't help yourself!;-)

I'm hoping to get him sacked , that's all.

Its odd that the two most obnoxious people on the show are playing by the rule " what goes on in the jungle , stays in the jungle "

Very convenient, don't you think ?
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its odd that the two most obnoxious people on the show are playing by the rule " what goes on in the jungle , stays in the jungle "

Very convenient, don't you think ?

Oh for the love of god!!!

Right cards on the table, you two clearly have history and you clearly have a personal vendeta against him (for whatever reason). Most poeple who dislike a show or TV personality just don't watch the show, but you......
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How vindictive.

I dont like Dominic Holland or the arse devil Carol McGiffin but I wouldn't want them banned from my TV or sacked.

Also, we got confirmed, which I had suspected anyway, that Rebecca had been a backseat driver for two hours before he snapped. But we only saw him snapping.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    What in the name of shitty crikey does Kate Nash look like!?
    Sporting the skunk do.
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Like, it's, like, Kate, like, Nash. Like.
    It got worse and worse as the show went on. This hopeless Americanism seems to be automatic for a lot of young uns now.
    SueG wrote: »
    Does anyone actually like Steve Furst? I think he's a horrible man.
    :confused:

Do you know him personally?
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I thought it was his wife who's wasted while he scribbles away in Cornwall.
    :D
    I'm not that keen on Steve Furst either.
    Yes he can do some funny voices, but.............. so what?

That 'voice of the Daily Mail' thingy doesn't make sense.
    The mood of that paper is always the same isn't it?
    And it's just an excuse for him to shout and do a different voice.

Can't see the point meself.
    He doesn't mesh very well with Myleene, they seem to talk over each other. Daily Mail thing needs to be put out to pasture...even Grimbo and the rag-tag audience don't bother to laugh anymore.
    How vindictive.

I dont like Dominic Holland or the arse devil Carol McGiffin but I wouldn't want them banned from my TV or sacked.

Also, we got confirmed, which I had suspected anyway, that Rebecca had been a backseat driver for two hours before he snapped. But we only saw him snapping.
    Those who go on these reality shows are at the mercy of the edit. I'd imagine a fair bit of important, yet boring context remains on the floor of the cutting room.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How vindictive.
    Not vindictive - just a tad silly really! I mean - as if their opinion carries much weight. I doubt Matthew is bothered!

And believe me - I seriously doubt that this poster even watches TWS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Those who go on these reality shows are at the mercy of the edit. I'd imagine a fair bit of important, yet boring context remains on the floor of the cutting room.
    Exactly - having said that - some people would prefer to see the two boring hours of nagging which led up to the one minute explosion.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matthew: "I have just come back from Brisbane, sun.."
    Harry Hills Style "Oooh you haven't have you Matthew! You haven't mentioned it before (!)" ;);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoroughly enjoyed his Christmas card rant :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Mylenes reply followed by the callers flight to Australia carbon footprint comment. Pity she didn't hear he's off to America for Christmas as well.:D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I'm so glad someone commented on this. It was incredibly noticeable. I actually considered transcribing a paragraph of one of her speeches, but feared I would wear out the "L", "I", "K" and "E" on my keyboard. I know that a lot of people do this, but I've never noticed anyone do it to the extent that Ms Nash did.

"I like, saw this like, woman. She was like, old. I gave her a lift to the like, hospital. But then like, I didn't know whether like, she'd have like, a lift or something to like, get home"

This isn't even an exaggeration.

You're right, that really isn't an exaggeration! :D
    It made any vaguely intelligent point she was trying to make just sound stupid.
This discussion has been closed.