Options

Britney Jean: Album thread

Comments

• Options
    britney.jeanbritney.jean Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I am enjoying this album very much.

Its not as good as femme fatale though, which I loved and still listen to frequently.

The thing with Britney to me, is she seems to be invisible .

Has she performed a single song from this album publicly yet??

Is it normal for an artist not to perform any of their new material :confused:
  • Options
    TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    The album is different from her last album Femme Fatale, but I really do love the album, who wants the album to sound the same as her last record?

My favorite songs are

Alien
    Work Bitch
    Perfume
    Tik Tik Boom
    Chillin' With You

I do like all the other songs but these are the one I am playing the most.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safe to be said i still very much love the album :)

While i wish Orbit productions were on it more and i wish Naughty Boy, Charli XCX, Danja, Hit-Boy produced/written songs made the cut also to ie more of an overall feel of where she was at...BUT i do love the ones that made the cut.

I get the vibe the album is about her lonliness and isolation...about being controlled till she aches and fundamentally doesnt feel human anymore...I like that.

I can associate with that level of insanity on a level totally...and also i love the mix up of styles o nthe album from the heavy EDM Festival stuff to the spacey/trippy sonics to the retro pop vibes and the mroe kinda Indie Dance vibes which are very unusual...my top songs on the album are

- Passenger
    - Alien
    - Hold On Tight
    - Till Its gone
    - Now That I FOund You
    &
    - Body Ache
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Britney Jean enters at... 34

Ouch. It's a shame as its a really good album...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This'll please the little monsters
  • Options
    britney.jeanbritney.jean Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    And Britney Jean enters at... 34

Ouch. It's a shame as its a really good album...

I can't believe it's so low.
    But it ofcourse won't stop my enjoyment of the album.
    This'll please the little monsters

I really am yet to see any display of these little monsters in force babbling on about sales of other artists.
    I really think its a very small but loud minority of fans.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVE Don't Cry.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about the album, I guess her label will force her to release commercial dance hits again for the next album in order to make money back.
    Circus 2.0 here we come!
  • Options
    sturgeonsturgeon Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Not surprised it totally bombed. She clearly cannot sing live anymore and seems too messed up these days to even perform in front of a crowd, for fear of the rampant criticism. She cannot be arsed to even promote an album properly, if I was her label I'd threaten and then fire her.

I tried looking for any videos of her performing Work B***h or any other songs off this album live and there are zero. What artist releases an album and does absolutely no live performances? I'm not surprised as most of the songs are finely autotuned to f*** but still that hasn't stopped her miming before.

A few of the songs on this album are worth listening to again (Perfume, Alien, Till It's Gone) but the rest are pretty much awful. I don't get how such a talented team behind her thought it was OK to release most of the songs and how they'd exclude current artists such as Naughty Boy etc.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sturgeon wrote: »
    Not surprised it totally bombed. She clearly cannot sing live anymore and seems too messed up these days to even perform in front of a crowd, for fear of the rampant criticism. She cannot be arsed to even promote an album properly, if I was her label I'd threaten and then fire her.

I tried looking for any videos of her performing Work B***h or any other songs off this album live and there are zero. What artist releases an album and does absolutely no live performances? I'm not surprised as most of the songs are finely autotuned to f*** but still that hasn't stopped her miming before.

A few of the songs on this album are worth listening to again (Perfume, Alien, Till It's Gone) but the rest are pretty much awful. I don't get how such a talented team behind her thought it was OK to release most of the songs and how they'd exclude current artists such as Naughty Boy etc.

I'd imagine that her Vegas contract prevents her from performing live anywhere else. Also her record company won't drop her, she's a huge cash cow for them.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she wont get dropped, but her "cash cow" status has seriously been compromised by this release and no doubt her label is far from impressed with these results. unless her vegas backers have thrown her label some serious cash for the exclusive, i cant see the label making much money from this album.

its very disappointing once again for someone watching at the sidelines willing her to return to form. she's either off-par, not doing a enough promotion or the music's not up to scratch, but there is always something standing in her way of a big return and unfortunately, all three scenarios seems have dogged this release.:blush:

once again, her management have put business first and while it is their job to maximise potential, this album campaign has been a disaster. larry rudolph must be away with the fairies if he honestly believes this is britney's "ray of light" moment.:D the album needed more william orbit and less will.i.am, if they really were aiming for that type of benchmark.:blush:
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    I LOVE Don't Cry.

The only quintessentially Britney track on the album.;-) Like a matured "Sometimes".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I think the concept of Britney Jean is that it's meant to be a personal album but in a dancey way. I'm sure she is aware that people mostly know her for dance music and if she was to let go of that genre, she would have lost fans.
    But I have to say some of the lyrics are a bit hit-and-miss especially in Til It's Gone.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    If these retirement plans do go through then I really do hope she does one more album and let us know that its her last. I mean i know this is asking for a lot but i would love for her to release album 9 after vegas is over, so release it 6 months after vegas is done then embark on a farewell tour.

I mean that would mean she would be performing for 3/4 years so it properly will never happen. But if she retires after vegas i will be gutted but i think she will be back in a few years from it.

I just don't see her team allowing her to retire before they rinse every last $$$ from her anyway :(
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I listen to Britney Jean the more I enjoy it, I think the songs take time to grow on you.

The reason Britney has not performed her new music to help support the album is because contractually she is not allowed to perform in North America due to her Las Vegas residency so she is bound by contract. This is very disappointing indeed, but from a business point of view makes complete sense.

The way I see it Britney Jean is not about being this really driven commercial project but more of a labour of love and something for the die-hard fans.

I for one think this is the last album we will have from Britney for quite some time, I predict for at least another 3 years or so. But at last we have this album to tide us over and hopefully she will continue to release quite a few singles throughout next year from the album.

Following on from Work Bitch and Perfume I think the next single choices should be:

3rd Single
    Tik Tik Boom (featuring T.I.) - US only release
    Til It's Gone - European release

4th Single
    Passenger

5th Single
    Now That I Found You
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she wanted it to flop, she said herself in 10 years she wants to live on a ranch with a husband and four kids.
    This way if she get's flop after flop her label will drop her and she'll get her wish of freedom.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I think she wanted it to flop, she said herself in 10 years she wants to live on a ranch with a husband and four kids.
    This way if she get's flop after flop her label will drop her and she'll get her wish of freedom.

True I get that from her to I have been a huge fan for years but she has never been the same since her breakdown. Her team rushed her into a comeback with Circus which she was not ready for to.

I don't think her team will drop her just yet though I think they will get another album out of her and make it a dance record. But Vegas stops her from performing anywhere apart from Vegas so i can't see them putting out another album while she is in vegas but who knows.

Im hoping for one last album from Britney and a farewell tour…….I can dream right :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what? I've changed my stance on Britney Jean.
    It sold over 100k in the U.S in it's debut week, with virtually NO promotion, a few interviews and Q&A sessions but no performances, none whatsoever to promote the actual songs on the album and it STILL managed over 100k.
    Let's take a look at Miley, Gaga, Katy etc who all debuted with sales of between 250k and 290k. And that is with MASSIVE hits, huge levels of promotional appearances and performances and they still didn't even manage 300k in their first weeks.
    I'd say what Britney managed is pretty admirable when you look at it like that. No big hits, no performances, and still over 100k on name alone in an age where album sales and the power of the female popstar is on the decline.
  • Options
    LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    The chart position is very disappointing :( I love the album, bar a few tracks (including Work Bitch, I tried but I can'y get on board with it!) but it does feel a bit rushed. With a bit more time it could have been amazing.

Interesting that it sold around the same amount as Christina Aguilera's Bionic in the US and charted lower but I'm sure she won't get nearly the level of abuse poor Christina did.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So angry with Britney for doing no promotion , this serves her right. So em embarest to be a fan of hers I think me and her are now over !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She hasn't done NO promotion. Granted she hasn't performed the lead single once which could have helped, but she's been around. She didn't set foot in the UK with Blackout and only did one appearance for Circus yet they still did a lot better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    She hasn't done NO promotion. Granted she hasn't performed the lead single once which could have helped, but she's been around. She didn't set foot in the UK with Blackout and only did one appearance for Circus yet they still did a lot better.

Blackout she was all over the papers you couldn't pic one up with out her being in it. Circus she performed on Xfactor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    The chart position is very disappointing :( I love the album, bar a few tracks (including Work Bitch, I tried but I can'y get on board with it!) but it does feel a bit rushed. With a bit more time it could have been amazing.

Interesting that it sold around the same amount as Christina Aguilera's Bionic in the US and charted lower but I'm sure she won't get nearly the level of abuse poor Christina did.

Considering that was only xtinas 5th album and it's Britneys 8th and xtina promoted everywhere in the U.S with it you can't compare same with Lotus. If britney would've performed once it would have sold alot more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Considering that was only xtinas 5th album and it's Britneys 8th and xtina promoted everywhere in the U.S with it you can't compare same with Lotus. If britney would've performed once it would have sold alot more.

Yeah but it was only 3 years ago, Britney has done more in the same amount of time. And it's not like she's been hiding in her house, she has made a lot of TV appearances and the video been played a lot. Also, if you want to talk UK wise, Christina did no promotion here yet Bionic went to no.1 and sold twice the amount Britney Jean did in the first week.

I'm a fan of both so I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, just that a lot of Britney fans love to hurl the abuse at Christina, it's quite amusing that now the same thing has happened to Britney.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    So angry with Britney for doing no promotion , this serves her right. So em embarest to be a fan of hers I think me and her are now over !!

She can't promote because of the Vegas shows. I think it's in her contract that she can't perform elsewhere during those.