Options

Things that we cannot discuss on here or any other forums.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will_bun wrote: »
    But facts are facts, why should it be racism if figures show polish, Australian or Turkish immigrants commit more crime per percentage of population than any other group....I don't think thats racist to be honest.

As an Australian, I take offence at that :p
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But facts are facts, why should it be racism if figures show polish, Australian or Turkish immigrants commit more crime per percentage of population than any other group....I don't think thats racist to be honest.

The bloke in your pub said it was the Japanese. You said you didn't know and asked us to tell you.

Where has Australian, Polish and Turkish come from?
  • Options
    McMahauldMcMahauld Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot even talk about Jews in America.

Kim Wilde went there and sung about them though...

"New York to east California
    There's a new wave coming, I warn ya
    We're the Yids in America (Whoa)
    Everybody lives for the music-go-round"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Because people are assholes and trolls.

You mean people who discuss official figures?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    There's a secret forum for those subject, so I hear. But it's only for the special people.

Can you put a good word in for us.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean people who discuss official figures?

No, I mean those who can't have a civilised and mature discussion.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A particular topic we cant talk about the mods have made clear which is at the top of the forum
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    A particular topic we cant talk about the mods have made clear which is at the top of the forum

Not any more it's not but we know it's still a no go area I don't know why they removed it TBH as now someone will try it on and make a topic about it
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McMahauld wrote: »

Haha :D That made me really laugh :D
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Other than some topics that have or are part of legal proceedings, everything is up for debate. No?

Really? What about a hypothetical case where there were no legal proceedings going on, and the prime suspect was dead. Could we discuss that?

Or could we only do that when the hypothetical police declared that the hypothetical dead prime suspect was definitely the hypothetical culprit?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Really? What about a hypothetical case where there were no legal proceedings going on, and the prime suspect was dead. Could we discuss that?

Or could we only do that when the hypothetical police declared that the hypothetical dead prime suspect was definitely the hypothetical culprit?

Huh?

Anyway, the hunt for the Boston Bombers seemed fair game and that fits with your hypothetical scenario.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember seeing a forum where an American swore blind that Hey Jude by the Beatles was actually Hey Jew.
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    There's a secret forum for those subject, so I hear. But it's only for the special people.

if you say gullible slowly it sounds like orange
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found on here and some other forums that certain things are taboo and will quickly get locked if people give their honest opinions, I am sure you know what kind of subjects are frowned upon with crime statistics and nationalities who commit crime in the UK being one of them especially when their is official figures to back up these results...strange country we live in hey.

There was a main feature on newsnight a few weeks back about gang rape and sexual abuse of girls with them having to give oral sex to the group, and the like.

I couldn't see a thread on it on here. It reminded me of the ch4 documentary several years ago about black gangs and their views of girls being pieces of meat. The girls couldn't go to the police for fear of reprisals.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,282
    Forum Member

:confused: When do Turkish and Australians even get the chance to interact? Excluding the time around ANZAC day.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that is funny :D

In edit....
    I thought you meant *******, but I have just googled that term and now have read what it actually means.
    Well I have learned yet another new thing :)

Well, that intrigued me so much I had to google it too. I'm now disappointed, because it wasn't something filthy.

I think that may be the first time I've googled an expression first encountered on here and it HASN'T been filthy, which says a lot for this forum.
  • Options
    _kitty_kitty Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I find it ridiculous that a thread has been closed. Aren't we supposed to be adults?
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _kitty wrote: »
    I find it ridiculous that a thread has been closed. Aren't we supposed to be adults?

Adult is as adult does.

But yeah....
  • Options
    ishinaishina Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _kitty wrote: »
    One of the people in that thread are known to resort to the report button when things do not go their way. I suspect DS just auto-pilot lock a thread after a certain number of reports. Seems to be the case on busy forums and it explains how arbitrary the locks seem to be.
  • Options
    _kitty_kitty Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    ishina wrote: »
    One of the people in that thread are known to resort to the report button when things do not go their way. I suspect DS just auto-pilot lock a thread after a certain number of reports. Seems to be the case on busy forums and it explains how arbitrary the locks seem to be.

Ffs, that's pretty lame to hit the report button!
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know for a fact we cannot discuss the common problem of unflushable turds on here. Probably through grounds of decency.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I know for a fact we cannot discuss the common problem of unflushable turds on here. Probably through grounds of decency.

Really? Is that why don't get as many poo threads as we used to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know for a fact we cannot discuss the
    common problem of unflushable turds on here.

I hope you're not referring to me.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you're not referring to me.

I composed a literary gem the other week bemoaning the unflushable turd and the thread was flushed within the hour. i was understandably devastated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I composed a literary gem the other week bemoaning
    the unflushable turd and the thread was flushed
    within the hour. I was understandably devastated.

Sorry to hear that. Here's another to make up for it..

The Unflushable Turd