Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 27)

Comments

• Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Who writes the schedule for the website? According to the main schedule on Tuesday at 7am Aasmah Mir stands in for Iain Dale. 4pm Andrew Gilligan presents the Sunday Politics show. Andrew is doing the same on Christmas Day !

That's a copy and paste gone unnoticed, isn't it? Those are the last slots they covered for, I think.

The website is a joke.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who writes the schedule for the website? According to the main schedule on Tuesday at 7am Aasmah Mir stands in for Iain Dale. 4pm Andrew Gilligan presents the Sunday Politics show. Andrew is doing the same on Christmas Day !

At 1pm on Saturday Olly Mann sits in for Duncan Barkes (I think that should be 1am!)

Just noticed - Petrie in for Andrew this weekend. Definite improvement on the two Ks (Kate and Kay)
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I've had it confirmed, on good authority, that Father Christmas is bringing Twinks an internet radio. I'd better get the chimneys swept so that he can squeeze down without getting covered in soot and leave it at the foot of my bed, I've missed my LBC Chit-Chat friends.

Whatever he delivers, can I take this opportunity to wish our LBC community a very merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Great news, Twinkle.
    Season's greetings to you too! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oopsie - JOB's favourite, IDS, has been telling some porkie pies...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2002/12_december/19/newsnight_ids_cv.shtml
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Someone on 'Pointless' has just offered LBC as an answer to local BBC stations.
  • Options
    lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    I'm just very much hoping they wouldn't interrupt a programme to report that verdict!

I would be happy to grovel for nigella anywhere or time..... :p:p:D:D

I'm watching that too makeba :) I got all 6 on the matched names and radio Guernsey too as pointless! :D:D
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Steve Allen said he won't be on Boxing Day. I know he goes on about Christmas, but he love Christmas.

Is he going to be first in line at Next's 6am Boxing day sale, so he can fill his big boot with £1 t-shirts being sold for £5 "special sale" rubbish that will look really good with his "vans" come the summer?
  • Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One word for the LBC website: woeful.

It can't be that hard surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lordloz wrote: »
    I would be happy to grovel for nigella anywhere or time..... :p:p:D:D

I'm watching that too makeba :) I got all 6 on the matched names and radio Guernsey too as pointless! :D:D

Well done!
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oopsie - JOB's favourite, IDS, has been telling some porkie pies...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2002/12_december/19/newsnight_ids_cv.shtml

Now now Makeba, you know it upsets some people when Captain Smith is called for what he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    coulsdon59 wrote: »
    One word for the LBC website: woeful.

It can't be that hard surely?

Indeed. Maybe as a private company reliant purely on RAJAR and therefore advertisers, they are just not bothered about sorting out the website or checking that the info is correct.
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I've had it confirmed, on good authority, that Father Christmas is bringing Twinks an internet radio. I'd better get the chimneys swept so that he can squeeze down without getting covered in soot and leave it at the foot of my bed, I've missed my LBC Chit-Chat friends.

Whatever he delivers, can I take this opportunity to wish our LBC community a very merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.
    Thank you Twinks and the same to you
    I've never looked back since I got my internet radio
    You'll never want for something to listen to that's for sure:)
    Very best wishes to you xxx:blush:
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Thank you Twinks and the same to you
    I've never looked back since I got my internet radio
    You'll never want for something to listen to that's for sure:)
    Very best wishes to you xxx:blush:

I'm still on an old-fashioned FM radio. Does that mean the analogue signal will stop one day, like it did for TV, does anyone know?

I've tried streaming from the internet, but the connection keeps dropping out.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    That's a bit of a shocker - LBC just announced that a part of the balcony in the Apollo Theatre in London, has collapsed during a performance. I believe it said people were trapped. How awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a bit of a shocker - LBC just announced that a part of the balcony in the Apollo Theatre in London, has collapsed during a performance. I believe it said people were trapped. How awful.

Oh no... isn't that where Wicked is, in Victoria?

EDIT - nope, it's Shaftesbury Avenue
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no... isn't that where Wicked is, in Victoria?

EDIT - nope, it's Shaftesbury Avenue
    It's currently 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night', I had to look it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's currently 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night', I had to look it up.

Clive taking calls, and it seems as if it might be part of the ceiling/roof rather than the balcony itself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Clive taking calls, and it seems as if it might be part of the ceiling/roof rather than the balcony itself
    Yes, BBC News are announcing it as a roof collapse.

That could be even worse, roof falling onto balcony, balcony falling on the audience below.

Makes me feel sick for the people involved. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, BBC News are announcing it as a roof collapse.

That could be even worse, roof falling onto balcony, balcony falling on the audience below.

Makes me feel sick for the people involved. :(

Indeed. One thing bugs me slightly... you can keep hearing the police trying to move on the reporter, and get away from the danger area. They really should just get out of the damn way - the story is not more important than people's safety.

Anthony Davis was reporting from the street, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So it looks as if this could have been an awful lot worse. No-one dead, and all the trapped people freed. Apparently.

It could have been so much worse, couldn't it?
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. One thing bugs me slightly... you can keep hearing the police trying to move on the reporter, and get away from the danger area. They really should just get out of the damn way - the story is not more important than people's safety.

Anthony Davis was reporting from the street, too.

Some of the calls into Clive are concerning. One woman said he was hit by falling bricks but just left the theatre and was making her way home. Another theatre goer said people left the theatre quickly and were leaving the area. If anyone was hit on the head, there is risk of concussion which may not be immediately apparent, others may have shock, so it's a bit worrying that they may be going home without getting checked.

Clive is doing a really professional job relaying the information, interviewing witnesses and reporters and holding the show together. He is so good at times like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Clive is doing a really professional job relaying the information, interviewing witnesses and reporters and holding the show together. He is so good at times like this.

Yes, I was about to post the same thing
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just switched onto LBC before the 10pm news, and someone said something like "you don't expect to come out on a Thursday night for this to happen". I know it is difficult to keep a running story going when there are no updates, but surely this must be the most ridiculous statement ever.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That performance brought the house down!!
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still on an old-fashioned FM radio. Does that mean the analogue signal will stop one day, like it did for TV, does anyone know?

I've tried streaming from the internet, but the connection keeps dropping out.

The analogue signal will not be dropped anytime in the near future.until a majority of listeners switch over to DAB.

I stream online, using Radioplayer, and 99% of the time it is okay. (It tends to pause a couple of seconds) when a new e-mail alert comes in).

Sleep well and don't worry that LBC will still be on 97.3 in the morning - if not it is two tin cans and a bit of string!
This discussion has been closed.