Options

never forgive Tories who thought it funny that people fought over cheap food

Comments

• Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    They should not be needed in the uk, so I see the rise in numbers as a bad thing, it means the state welfare net is failing, that food prices and energy cost are to high and people income is not keeping pace with the cost of living. If more and more people are needing to use food banks then something is going wrong

So you want them all shut down?
  • Options
    PpuncherPpuncher Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    They should not be needed in the uk, so I see the rise in numbers as a bad thing, it means the state welfare net is failing, that food prices and energy cost are to high and people income is not keeping pace with the cost of living. If more and more people are needing to use food banks then something is going wrong

...with those people?
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »

I did not say that, the problems of why people are needing them needs to be addressed,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ppuncher wrote: »
    ...with those people?

What do you mean
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the Christmas spirit in full swing from our Tory friends,
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    DanClegg wrote: »
    People like you deserve the politics you get. Petty, reductive and childish.

so i take it you vote conservative, and think no one is are allowed to say anything bad about the conservatives,>:(why is that , we have freedom of speech and we are free to call the conservative whatever we want to. It's not breaking the law saying anything bad about conservatives . All they care about is the rich and poorfull not the poor and needy and now what wants them thats evil. If they were nice people they care about every single person,not just rich,power full ones.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Nice to see the Christmas spirit in full swing from our Tory friends,

David cameron needs a visit from 4 spirits margaret thatcher ghost of christmas past present and future.

And with his actions what sort of christian is cameron anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not say that, the problems of why people are needing them needs to be addressed,

It is being addressed, the economy is growing slowly. The unemployment rate is coming down. These things take time.

And the foodbanks are there for those in desperate need.
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So what are you asking for? - higher welfare payments?
  • Options
    Mr JonMr Jon Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see the slavish party tribalism in full swing from our Labour friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is being addressed, the economy is growing slowly. The unemployment rate is coming down. These things take time.

And the foodbanks are there for those in desperate need.

We will see, but is work really paying or is the state paying for people to be in work, if more people are in work than ever before then the welfare bill should be coming down and no real need for the so called cap on the welfare bill. which the biggest part is pensions which will be excluded in the cap. 1 example the HB bill tenants have no control of the rent increases, and workers are not in control of wage increases. So for the first time ever we have over 1 million working people needing to claim HB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Majlis wrote: »
    So what are you asking for? - higher welfare payments?

Well the biggest increase of people using food banks is from working people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We will see, but is work really paying or is the state paying for people to be in work, if more people are in work than ever before then the welfare bill should be coming down and no real need for the so called cap on the welfare bill. which the biggest part is pensions which will be excluded in the cap. 1 example the HB bill tenants have no control of the rent increases, and workers are not in control of wage increases. So for the first time ever we have over 1 million working people needing to claim HB

That's why foodbanks are needed.

Gordon Brown's money tree has withered and died I'm afraid.

What cap?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Jon wrote: »
    Nice to see the slavish party tribalism in full swing from our Labour friends.

and so strange that there is no evidence of the same from "our Tory friends"..... oh... wait,

As ever, it is ONLY Labour supporters who are guilty of being "tribalists" there are NO Tory posting supporters on this forum or in the wider public who would vote Tory no matter what they propose, and it's only ever Labour supporters who vote for their party of choice because.... "there parents and grand parents did" or who would "vote for a pig in a red rosette" and who "vote Labour because they are benefit scroungers" or "because they are too stupid to understand politics unlike the so so superior Tory supporters"

and of course it's only Labour supporters and voters who make nasty and pig ignorant sweeping generalisations,
  • Options
    Mr JonMr Jon Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and of course it's only Labour supporters and voters who make nasty and pig ignorant sweeping generalisations,

One of which being the whole premise for this thread.
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the biggest increase of people using food banks is from working people.

So I am still confused about what you want?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why foodbanks are needed.

Gordon Brown's money tree has withered and died I'm afraid.

HAS IT? well it's a damn good job it didn't die before there was time to give the wealthiest people in the country a massive income boost,

or to give MPs an 11% pay rise,

or before it was decided there was no need for a mansion tax, but it was absolutely necessary to punish poor people who happen to have a room that Dave and his chums have decided they don't "need"

or before it was decided that bankers bonuses don't need taxing or capping, but housing benefit for the poor DOES,

Or before they can commit to spending billions on a new train system in order to help London and the south get even more money and investment,

Or before we can spend billions on "bigger and better" nuclear weapons,

Or to hand the health Gestapo (ATOS) even more money to help them carry out their "selection" and "final solution" to "the disabled problem"

no reason at all why the remploy factories that give disabled people a JOB and lift them out of quite a lot of benefit dependency should stay open, because we can afford to throw thousands of WORKING disabled people out of work and onto benefits where they then become "scroungers" and "work shy" and are summoned before said health Gestapo and told "YOU MUST WORK YOU LAZY SCROUNGER"

no need at all to scrap those plans due to "the death of the money tree",

even though we (the 7th richest country on the planet)seem unable to find the money for the sick and the disabled and even the WORKING low paid, who will be fined if they happen to have a room that the "caring Conservatives" have decided they don't "need"

feel free to add stuff that we seem to be able to find the money for folks,
  • Options
    Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They should not be needed , so yes.
  • Options
    DanCleggDanClegg Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    so i take it you vote conservative, and think no one is are allowed to say anything bad about the conservatives,>:(why is that , we have freedom of speech and we are free to call the conservative whatever we want to. It's not breaking the law saying anything bad about conservatives . All they care about is the rich and poorfull not the poor and needy and now what wants them thats evil. If they were nice people they care about every single person,not just rich,power full ones.

Punctuation is your friend.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a happy little thread this is.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I find that ideological hatred subtracts from, not adds to, the argument.
  • Options
    Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAS IT? well it's a damn good job it didn't die before there was time to give the wealthiest people in the country a massive income boost,

snip.

what massive income boost?
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member

Quite. The deliberate obtuseness (at least, I hope for their sakes it is deliberate) shown on here in relation to this matter by the knee-jerk Tory drones would be laughable if it was not about a tragedy.

To imply, as some do, that an increase in the need for charity in one of the richest countries in the world is perfectly acceptable is truly shocking, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Jon wrote: »
    One of which being the whole premise for this thread.

SO are you saying that Tory MPs DIDN'T laugh at the people having to use food banks? or that IDS didn't 'sneak out' of the house when food banks were being discussed?
    Because I think you will find that that is "the whole premise for this thread"

here ya go, just in case you missed it, or think it never happened,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbYNvsv_54o

and here is the Mirrors report on it,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/food-banks-debate-video-iain-2941100
    Watch Iain Duncan Smith SNEAK OUT of food banks debate as Tories LAUGH at stories of starving families

IT was the day the Nasty Party showed its true-blue colours – by sneering at the plight of hungry families forced to rely on food banks.

Tory MPs laughed and jeered as they were told how some hard-up shoppers were so desperate they fought to snap up discounted items in supermarkets.

In one of the most shameful episodes ever witnessed in Parliament, Tory backbenchers sniggered and hooted as Labour MP Fiona MacTaggart told of shocking scenes at her local Tesco in Slough, Berks, as people battled over cut-price fruit and veg.
    Labour MP Jamie Reed said: “I regret to say the laughter from the Government benches says more about this issue than words ever could.”

hortly after Ms Mcvey’s performance, Mr Duncan Smith scurried from the chamber, followed by an number of other senior Tories.

I had a quick google to see if I could find anything that the Daily hate Mail might have to say on the issue and for once they seem to not be supporting the beloved leader,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2416737/Michael-Gove-food-banks-Poor-got-blame.html
    Poor forced to use food banks? They've only got themselves to blame for making bad decisions, says Michael Gove

I have some grudging 'respect' for Gove, at least he's one Tory who has dropped all pretence that the Tories are anything other than what they have always been, "the NASTY party" they seem to think now is the time to stop 'pussy footing around' and finally show their true colours,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auld Snody wrote: »
    They should not be needed , so yes.

I am rather undecided. Trussel had one foodbank in 2004 and now have hundreds. Are they the only suppliers or have they just cornered or created a market?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what massive income boost?

Millionaires will get around 100K extra income due to the Tories 'gift' of lower tax rates for the wealthy,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-camerons-tax-cut-will-help-1572074
    The rich get richer: David Cameron's tax cut will help 13,000 millionaires,

Experts had predicted that 8,000 people earning *£1million a year would get an average tax cut of almost £100,000 – thanks to the PM and Chancellor George *Osborne’s *decision to cut the 50p top rate of tax to 45p.

Seems the Tory 'backhanders for our chums' money tree is alive and thriving, but people who depend on benefits are "scroungers" even those who WORK,