Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting WM card if it takes place according to the Observer

Cena W/Hogan v Bray Wyatt as the show closer
    Orton v Batista Title match
    HHH v Punk
    HBK v Bryan
    Undertaker v Lesnar

Sounds good to me and Cena and Hogan posing at the end would lift the roof off the stadium
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SRW wrote: »
    Hollie would you enjoy that main event at Mania Cena v Wyatt? Bet you would and not want to see the real new big stars get their shot real men hate cena and only kids and women/soccer moms enjoy it.

Vinces remark about Cena bringing their food to the table horrifys me.... this bucket headed fruity pg mong is never going to go away!

Um, surely Bray Wyatt headlining Wrestlemania would be a perfect example of of a new star getting their shot. Are you hard of thinking?
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,004
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Um, surely Bray Wyatt headlining Wrestlemania would be a perfect example of of a new star getting their shot. Are you hard of thinking?

Do you really have to ask that question lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »

But Bray Wyatt isn't a midget with a beard. ;) All that matters is Daniel Bryan having 25 year title reign :D

If I'm being honest the idea of Bray Wyatt headlining WM XXX horrifys me. It says a lot about Cena's pulling power if they go with this especially if it's a non title match.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »

HHH v Punk
    HBK v Bryan
    Undertaker v Lesnar

Sounds good to me and Cena and Hogan posing at the end would lift the roof off the stadium

Says to me....we're not creating new stars (aside Wyatt)

I feel a little sick in my mouth already at the cheesefest of Wyatt getting leg jobbed/dropped by a 60 odd year old and ending up in a feud with Brodus Clay the week after

nb - average age of each main eventer in there is about 40 (thanks to Hogan, Taker and HBK for dragging that up though)
  • Options
    Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Bray Wyatt wrestles Cena they will have to create an amazing storyline to make it work.

In purely wrestling terms he isn't that good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Swap Cena with Bryan in the storyline with the Wyatt Family and you have a really good 'join us'/will Cena turn to the darkside story. Bryan is great, ofcourse, but the story suits Mr Poster Boy much more. Wyatt type theatrics, such as the creepy walk and entrance, would look great with WM production values. It also sets up that feel good ending with Hogan returning to help Cena post-match.

Kind of makes sense when you look at how they have built Bray. At present time he is undefeated (not pinned) and has a decent streak of victories: Kane, Bryan, Rhodes, Ziggler, Kingston etc. Type of thing WWE would do - have John Cena be the one to finally pin him.

WWE nees a storyline to headline now they only have one world title feud to work with.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belated Merry Christmas to everyone.
    Hope Santa got everyone what he wanted - I guessed that Good Santa won on Raw based on the fact there was nothing on the news about Christmas being cancelled. :D

tony321 wrote: »

HHH v Punk
    HBK v Bryan
    Undertaker v Lesnar

I take anything about WM with a pinch of salt - and think that card is unlikely anyway.
    But that actually looks OK - except for Cena w/Hogan v Wyatt which sounds like my idea of hell. >:(
    Sorry but I must be missing something with Wyatt - that whole gimmick bores me, when I don't skip his segments the crowd reactions aren't that big and I don't really follow ratings but I can't imagine Wyatt is suddenly getting huge ratings to justify that WM main event spot. So why would he be in the main event of WM v Cena - and ahead of the WWE Title?! You could understand say Rock v Cena I main eventing ahead of the WWE Title - but not Husky Harris v Cena.
    I actually like new talent being pushed too - but sorry that doesn't defend in my view some of the likes of Ryback , Bobby Lashley and Bray Wyatt (rumoured in the future) being pushed. I may want new main eventers to mix things up sometimes - but at the same time I don't want people who are green, just aren't ready and will flounder main eventing just because WWE says so. And it's not as if WWE have no options for future main-eventers - half their roster could main-event successfully I feel with some decent booking. The problem is WWE doesn't give them it normally (with some notable exceptions though like the Shield and recently Cody Rhodes).

Though apart from that - I like that card. Though I can imagine the rumoured Bryan and Punk matches there being combined instead to make a DX v Bryan and Punk tag match.
    A Batista v Orton match would please me though - Noughties nostalgia. :D

Speaking of Cena, there's a funny line in this week's Observer where Vince yelled at his writing staff that Cena is the reason they have food on the table. Talk about putting someone on a pedestal.

Again - I'll take that with a huge pinch of salt. But sadly I could imagine a chat like that in WWE.
    And it's a huge problem if the above is true. If WWE act like Cena is the WWE and try to solve it by making it all about Cena because of that, they will be stuffed royally if he leaves or suffers a serious (year-long say) injury. It's not good business-practice to put all your eggs in one basket.
    And I doubt most people want WWE to put all their eggs in the Cena basket - I like the unpredictability of WWE and supporting a mix of superstars. I just hope WWE realise eggs don't have to be all be put in the 'Cena' basket before it's too late - and only really Cena fans and a few others are left.
    Mmm... eggs. :cool:

That last Raw pre-Xmas really was dreadful too - though that's hardly a surprise. Thank god anyway we avoided that Big Show clip though here - didn't look fun to me.

Just to say I've had a great Christmas - god knows where my anger above has come from. England are FINALLY doing well in the cricket (though knowing us we may collapse again tonight), Cody,AJ and Orton are champions in the WWE and Arsenal are back where we rightly belong so I'm happy enough. :D
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roman Reigns v Big E in a IC/USA belt reunification match would add something to the mid card at WM plus some sort of legends battle royale and a DIVA toilet/tea break match would be quite a strong card for WM.
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyatt isn't green, especially not compared to the likes of Ryback and Lashley. He had a great match with Jericho on NXT earlier this year. He just hasn't had much time to show his skills on WWE TV, his matches are usually short, or Harper and Rowen do the heavy lifting.

I reckon Cena and Wyatt could put on a great match. But with that said I would be very surprised if that match headlined Wrestlemania 30.
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Brock Lesnar is going to meet with Vince McMahon again to discuss the possibility of doing both the UFC and WWE in 2014-2015.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    ...if Hogan can't wrestle.

Its never stopped him before....

Heeeey-oooooo

*gets coat*
  • Options
    AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More time to think about it, Wyat vs Cena would be brilliant. Storyline wise.
  • Options
    SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the fans want Daniel Bryan in that shot and finally getting the title when is the WWE going to finally listen and stop ignoring the fans reactions to him and give him the title reign which is so long over due?
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    Wyatt isn't green, especially not compared to the likes of Ryback and Lashley. He had a great match with Jericho on NXT earlier this year. He just hasn't had much time to show his skills on WWE TV, his matches are usually short, or Harper and Rowen do the heavy lifting.

I reckon Cena and Wyatt could put on a great match. But with that said I would be very surprised if that match headlined Wrestlemania 30.

Fair enough - when I see him though, I just don't think main-event. I just personally can't imagine myself thinking 'Oh, I have to tune in for this Bray Wyatt match/segment'. Whereas for loads of other superstars I may well think that.

And the problem with a Wyatt v Cena rivalry would be we've had this whole Cena 'conversion' thing before. 2 years ago in fact - with Kane. I've seen it all before and I only enjoyed that feud then for the comedy.A similar feud again would be awful - especially since no one expects Cena to turn heel.

You have a right to your opinion though - unless it's anti-Bryan or pro-Cena at which point SRW will tell you you're a 'virgin'. :D

As I say apart from that match, the rumoured WM card looks OK.
    Though I wouldn't mind actually a Cena v UT match - now that would be worthy of a WM main event.
    If they needed a new opponent for Lesnar, there are certainly options available - Big E, Reigns, the Shield or Cody even would all be interesting for me for example.
    And a gimmick battle royal of some kind would be brilliant. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But the fans want Daniel Bryan in that shot and finally getting the title when is the WWE going to finally listen and stop ignoring the fans reactions to him and give him the title reign which is so long over due?

So instead of 'they shouldn't use Wyatt because they need to establish someone new and young' what you actually meant to say was 'they should use Bryan because I want him to be champion and nothing else will do' basically?

And I'll say it again, not everybody wants Bryan to be champion. I'll trust the guy whose been running the company for over 20 years and who changed the industry to do the right thing, which he has done time and time again, than someone who only believes only one person deserves to be champion and resorts to insults to try and score points
  • Options
    TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see Sheamus (a HHH guy) going into Wrestlemania as undisputed champ vs rumble winner D. Bryan as an option. Wrestlemania Rematch!
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that they propose to use Bray Wyatt in a major match at Wrestlemania could be a huge positive as Wrestlemania for the last few years has been all about legends returning to take the spotlight. This isn't always a bad thing as a legend used correctly on the grandest stage of them all can be a great addition and give a boost to the buyrate but WWE should be using current stars more in the upper slots as that is who WWE is going to have to depend on in the future.

As long as John Cena doesn't face the Rock again at Wrestlemania then that is surely a positive.

Speaking of Cena, sure he may not be the best technical wrestler in the company and probably never will be but he always provides entertainment. His matches are usually very watchable and if he were to win the Rumble again and go on to win another title then that's fair enough. The product will still be entertaining.

Plus I know i've said it a few times about Cena, but the guy deserves an absolute ton of credit for the work he has done for charity, especially Make a Wish where he has been the top wish granter for a long while now. He really does go all out to put a smile on kids faces outside of the ring.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Brock Lesnar is going to meet with Vince McMahon again to discuss the possibility of doing both the UFC and WWE in 2014-2015.

Not a chance Dana would agree to that. Besides the top tier- Cain, JDS, Bigfoot, Mark Hunt, Werdum- of UFC's heavyweight division would all beat him now, he looked like he simply didn't wanna be there in his last fight v Overeem.

It'd probably draw the first time, but who could they could find that could be credible enough as an opponent but wouldn't beat him easily?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So instead of 'they shouldn't use Wyatt because they need to establish someone new and young' what you actually meant to say was 'they should use Bryan because I want him to be champion and nothing else will do' basically?

And I'll say it again, not everybody wants Bryan to be champion. I'll trust the guy whose been running the company for over 20 years and who changed the industry to do the right thing, which he has done time and time again, than someone who only believes only one person deserves to be champion and resorts to insults to try and score points

If vince does not give db the title reign everyone wants LISTEN TO THE CROWDS FOR HIM are you deaf?
    Then it proves what punk once said - "Vince is a millonaire who should be a billionaire" But the stubborn old git with his big man fetish and hard on for randy ortons baby oil body is letting those fetishes get in the way.
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seth Rollins and John Cena have just had a pretty darn good match on Smackdown. Recommend to check it out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cena never has a good match he is trash in the ring!!

Anyway Orton needs to drop the straps to Bryan no one else is deserving frankly the guy has paid his dues and not had his revenge yet so give us the gratification that we not had yet.
    Bad guys are supposed to always lose in the end...Not happened yet with this DB Authority story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If vince does not give db the title reign everyone wants LISTEN TO THE CROWDS FOR HIM are you deaf?
    Then it proves what punk once said - "Vince is a millonaire who should be a billionaire" But the stubborn old git with his big man fetish and hard on for randy ortons baby oil body is letting those fetishes get in the way.

There is no need to be rude. Yes he is over with the crowd, nobody denies that, but not EVERYONE wants Bryan as champion. You need to understand that seriously. There is a bigger picture and having a crowd shouting "Yes" which has just replaced "What" as the phrase of choice does not mean EVERYONE wants Bryan to be champion. When people were still shouting "What" years after Austin retired, did that mean EVERYONE wanted Austin to have a long title run or is it just a simple catchphrase for fans the latch on to?

Millionaire or Billionaire it makes no difference, he has made millions and runs a global business that before him was an industry where a company would run in one territory. Did he do it single-handed, absolutely not, but nobody can deny he changed the industry.

He took on WCW, which was owned by a billionaire who owned a TV network and where did it end up, under Vince's control. Whether Vince thinks big guys are the guys that being in the most is his thing, I can understand why he thinks that to be honest. In an actual fight, id put money on a Cena/Orton/Batista winning over Bryan/Punk.

You don't become #1 in the world, take out your two biggest competitors and run a truly massive global company by winging it. He knows what he is doing
  • Options
    Forum Member

Anyway Orton needs to drop the straps to Bryan no one else is deserving frankly the guy has paid his dues and not had his revenge yet so give us the gratification that we not had yet.
    Bad guys are supposed to always lose in the end...Not happened yet with this DB Authority story.

Cena has plenty of good, no great, matches under his belt.

Orton has paid his dues, Cena has paid his, Punk has paid his, The Shield have all paid there's, Mark Henry has paid his, Kane has paid his, Dolph Ziggler has paid his. Damien Sandow has paid his, Cody Rhodes has paid his, Goldust has paid his. Do you see where I'm going with this? To say that nobody else deserves to be champion is bollo*ks quite frankly.

And sadly in real life, bad guys don't always lose.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cena has great matches. I remember the classic he had with HBK in the UK after mania, he's had excellent matches with Punk and his Summerslam match with Bryan was definitely a candidate of match of the year. Granted he's nowhere near as good in the ring as those mentioned but at the end of the day it takes 2 to tango.

Bryan is the hottest star in wrestling at the moment. I would definitely have the title on him over Bore-ton, as would the most of the fans evidently, seeing as he blows the roof off in virtually every arena he's in.

It would have been nice to see how he'd do with the title for a month or two, and if . Instead we have had HHH trying to convince the crowds that he's nothing more than a midcard wrestler and him losing 3 consecutive PPVs in a row and then replaced with BIG SHOW of all people! At the end of the day no one wants to cheer a loser...

And for those blaming him for poor PPV buys I see a hell of alot more people in real life and on TV wearing Daniel Bryan shirts than Randy Orton's.
This discussion has been closed.